Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INFO wrote: View Post
    That was a joke right?
    If there are no defensive hightlights maybe they should find another employer come this winter
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      You are right.

Bargs is definitely the best player on our team. Probably the 1st/2nd best center in the Eastern Conference.
      I would love to have some of that kool-aid you are drinking.

No wonder Raptors fans and so called experts expect the Raptors to win 30 or less games.

Once you realize that he is not the best nor even the second best Raptors player then you will understand why the Raptors can make the playoffs in 10-11
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Truly amazing basketball. These guys are the future for sure, along with the gunners.
        I used to think it was just blind faith...now we all know that he is simply just blind.

Comment

• maybe it was the coach's wishes/instructions, but it drove me crazy watching Bargs set a pick, then pop out to the 3pt line every single frickin time instead of rolling to the rim... ROLL BARGS, ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The fact that they lost to Bulgaria is more discouraging than anything. Maybe this is just Bargnani's version of summer league...

and WTF was that at 1:28 of the first vid... I actually laughed out loud cause it was so obvious he didn't care AT ALL, just wanted to jack it up...
            Last edited by jrdyck; Tue Jul 20, 2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• This reaffirms my opinion on Marco. Could EASILY be a 25+ ppg scorer in the right situation if he learns to find better shots. His ability to score is VERY rare. People criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate.

Bargnani's game doesn't fit international play anymore, it seems. And he looks out of shape. I'm not overly worried. GREAT to see him play-making though.
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Introcollapse wrote: View Post

This reaffirms my opinion on Marco. Could EASILY be a 25+ ppg scorer in the right situation if he learns to find better shots. His ability to score is VERY rare. People criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate.
                This is the exact mentality that is Fucking up Beli's game. He does not have to be a 25 point scorer. He does not even have to be a 16 point scorer. He does not even have to be scorer.

He has so much talent, he can be a play maker, he can be a defensive guy while scoring around 10 pt a game.

He hears these things and he thinks this is what he is suppose to do. Come off the bench and score a 20 like Jason Terry.

"eople criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate. "

This is pure lie and incorrect statement. The problem with Beli is that he does not make it at a good rate. He gets hot in one game and that is it.

Kobe or even Lebron take less risky shots than Beli.

Comment

• Read everything I said. I said he could be 25+ ppg scorer IF he learns to take better shots. Until he does, he won't be. He stagnates the O and jacks shots.

And what you said applies to any player. Any player can be a play-maker or defensive stopper if they commit to it. John (ask Bargs. That's Belli's "name") had(has? probably not anymore) the potential to be a cornerstone of any team he was on. The guy is a pure scorer, surprisingly athletic, and crafty as hell. It sucks that it's going to waste, but hey, it's his decision.
                  Joshua Priemski
                  NBA blogger
                  www.RufusOnFire.com/

Comment

• No defensive hilites?lol BC only non tradable Raptor asset is Bargnani (and to a lesser extent his buddy Bellineli)?

BC needs to move both Bargnani (a 7ft stretch 4) and Calderon while getting back a legit starting center and other veteran pieces to surround the YG'z with. If Bargnani showed half of the enthusiam as the YG'z his game would be more well rounded on both ends of the court.

Comment

• Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/

Comment

• Does anyone know the players stats for the games? Ive been optimistic about Bargs for next season but after watching these videos i have lost all hope. I wish i never saw this. it was brutal andrea should not be spending his summer in europe playing euro style basketball. He should be practicing the type of basketball he will be playing for the next 7 months. He looks slow, weak, has a horrible vert, and to make things worse hes playing against a horrible defense. I dont even want to start on Belli.... anyone who thinks hes the next kobe is just stupid. this was some sloppy basketball. IMO it looked like a bunch of large highschool students. On the plus side maybe next season gives andrea dencent stats and we can get rid of him for something decent. Like i said earlier, i was a fan of andrea until this (so dont think im just a hater)im sorry ... get him out.
                        Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Jul 20, 2010, 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

• Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                          cool pic. watch out, tim w might steal this for his avatar!

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                            Does anyone know the players stats for the games? Ive been optimistic about Bargs for next season but after watching these videos i have lost all hope. I wish i never saw this. it was brutal andrea should not be spending his summer in europe playing euro style basketball. He should be practicing the type of basketball he will be playing for the next 7 months. He looks slow, weak, has a horrible vert, and to make things worse hes playing against a horrible defense. I dont even want to start on Belli.... anyone who thinks hes the next kobe is just stupid. this was some sloppy basketball. IMO it looked like a bunch of large highschool students. On the plus side maybe next season gives andrea dencent stats and we can get rid of him for something decent. Like i said earlier, i was a fan of andrea until this (so dont think im just a hater)im sorry ... get him out.
                            guys, these are just friendly matches played in July, players are out of shape and they have been playing together for a just couple of weeks, so obviously these are UGLY games and are only useful to try to regain some confidence withe the court...

it would be worrying to see Andrea and Marco ready right now, because that would mean that in january/february the would be already dead tired... but obviously they are going to get more workout from here to august, and then they will be ready for the training camp

maybe it will make you just a little happier to know that the new italian national team coach is well known to be very focused on the D, in particular on team defense, so be assured that they will work a lot on that aspect, and the conditioning coach of the NT is Cuzzolin, so he is certainly in contact with the Raps management

Comment

cool pic. watch out, tim w might steal this for his avatar!

Clear evidence that Multipaul is more fixated with Bargnani that I am with any NBA player.

Do you have this photo above the headboard of your bed?

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Clear evidence that Multipaul is more fixated with Bargnani that I am with any NBA player.

Do you have this photo above the headboard of your bed?
                                No, I have your photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X