Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Derozan plays at a higher level than Waiters, no argument there, but Waiters is a good NBA combo guard, not the 5th best shooting guard. His PER and shooting averages are decent, not outstanding. He doesn't suck.
    His PER is below average, his shooting percentages were below average (about 300th out of 450), the rest of his game is sorely lacking (WS/48 = .037). He sucks pretty badly.

I can't believe DD is not in their top 15. I don't really even think DD is all that great compared to most, and I think it is ridiculous he's not on the list.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      DD is a SF in their acct.
      Is he? I thought they made a statement saying he needed one more good year to make the list, suggesting he was a candidate.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Full Top 10

1. James Harden
        2. D-Wade
        3. Monta Ellis
        4. Jimmy Butler
        5. Dion Waiters
        6. Tyreke Evans
        7. Oladipo
        8. Klay Thompson
        9. Manu Ginobili
        10. Lance Stephenson

Next 5: Kobe, Beal, Danny Green Wesley Matthews, JR Smith.
        Kobe, JR and Green all ahead of DD?

DD not in the top 15?

Bullshit.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          His PER is below average, his shooting percentages were below average (about 300th out of 450), the rest of his game is sorely lacking (WS/48 = .037). He sucks pretty badly.

I can't believe DD is not in their top 15. I don't really even think DD is all that great compared to most, and I think it is ridiculous he's not on the list.
          Waiters PER is above average for SG, 27th out of 65 according to Hollinger Stats.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/sg

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            James Harden is retarded, best all around player in the NBA?... Have you heard of LeBron James?!!!
            Doesnt "all around player" include defence? Is he daft?
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Wait a minute...someone else has Waiters better than DD other than me??

@imanshumpart can you please confirm this??
              Congratulations buddy! You've got the same opinion as an idiot 'expert'

But seriously THOUGH, there is absolutely no way, stats wise or eye test wise that waiter should be considered the fifth best sg and dd not even make the cut. Just WOW
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Waiters PER is above average for SG, 27th out of 65 according to Hollinger Stats.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/sg
                OK. A PER of 15 is average league wide, and he is below that, and he is baaaarely above average for his position. That makes him top 5 worthy? Also, I don't think it is fair to weigh players who played 8 minutes a game with those who played a lot in an average of the position's PER. Minutes-weighted average of SG PER is 14.1 - exactly Waiters' PER, so he's not even above average.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  OK. A PER of 15 is average league wide, and he is below that, and he is baaaarely above average for his position. That makes him top 5 worthy? Also, I don't think it is fair to weigh players who played 8 minutes a game with those who played a lot in an average of the position's PER. Minutes-weighted average of SG PER is 14.1 - exactly Waiters' PER, so he's not even above average.
                  Yes, you have the ability to back up your arguments very well with statistical reference but then you also resort to knee jerk blanket references such "he sucks." It's unfortunate imo.

Comment

• Oladipo at 7 is way worse than Waiters at 5, like come on. He was an average rookie on a terrible, terrible team.

Comment

Yes, you have the ability to back up your arguments very well with statistical reference but then you also resort to knee jerk blanket references such "he sucks." It's unfortunate imo.
                      But Waiters does suck. He isn't even starter worthy let alone top 5.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Knee jerk? Knee jerk implies I haven't put thought into it. I've put lots of thought into it. I've watched him play, I've studied a variety of stats, and read opinions of others. Conclusion: he sucks.

Blanket reference? He sucks is a description of his overall game. He's a bad defender, a poor rebounder for his position, poor assist man (on par with DeRozan), and his one strength, his scoring, he is barely average at. So, yeah, he sucks. Sorry I was succinct.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          But Waiters does suck. He isn't even starter worthy let alone top 5.
                          It is the premature lebron effect.

Comment

• c'mon coach k, give some mins to DeMar.

Comment

• Finally DD is playing
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• here we go

Comment

Working...
                                X