Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Lol D Rose wants $150M deal. Insanity.
    Knicks would be the only team stupid enough to do it too. They value his brand name for ticket and jersey sales over his actual bball talent.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Jokic is working out pretty damn well, blaming him for Denver's issues is like blaming Porzingis for the Knicks problems.
      I still don't know which one is which. Lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This guy has become a parity onto himself. He's so out of touch with reality.

Comment

I'm calling bull on this.

I think he meant to say 15 but ended up saying 150. It happens to everyone occasionally.

I'm also bolding this because that's the only explanation otherwise.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            That 60-win core got swept by the Cavs in 2014-15, and essentially the same team less Carroll (who it appears they rightly chose not to re-sign) got swept again in 2015-16.

Not the best example, but they are NBA shorthand for a treadmill team. And that's the broader point.

Let's say the Hawks aren't bluffing and decide to keep Millsap. There was a definite window for us to add a piece who would give us a serious shot at defeating Cleveland. If we end up doing nothing because we wanted to absolutely "win" the trade, it was a missed opportunity.

All I'm saying is that taking good risks is not the same as being reckless like Colangelo, and that invoking Colangelo can't be a blanket excuse for inaction. Strategically it doesn't even make sense... The whole point of patiently amassing assets is/was ostensibly to convert them into value.
            First of all, we don't even know which players truly are and aren't available. We do know that Masai tried to get in on the Ibaka deal and Milsap last summer, if he came available, which he didn't. Secondly, unless we are at the table negotiating, we really don't know what the bid/ask prices are.

Q: What's your max offer for Milsap? Ross/Powell/JV/Pat + 4 1st rounders? That's a Billy King deal right there that also doesn't make any sense for an expiring 32-year, 2nd tier star, who will want a 5-year max deal in the summer. See what I mean? We have no way of knowing if the Hawks are even being reasonable. Recent history dictates no.

The pending CBA might have created a bit more wait and see for some organizations in tenuous situations with stars. And for good reason - teams like Indy and the Kings now have a new weapon to be able to hang onto superstars, with the super-max extension.
            Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I'd be interested in either dudley or tucker from PHX,
              I remember PJ's first time around in Toronto. He just didn't fit the league then and looked like he had one foot out the door. I admire his determination and I'd be happy if they landed him at a low cost.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I remember PJ's first time around in Toronto. He just didn't fit the league then and looked like he had one foot out the door. I admire his determination and I'd be happy if they landed him at a low cost.
                Mother Tucker must be so proud

Comment

• Yippie ki-yay, Mother Tucker.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Actually miami played an amazing game at golden state and were right in until the final 2 minutes, they kept their bigs in, destroyed the boards, and forced golden states hand to keep playing zaza pachulia.

Food for thought
                    What bigs did the Heat keep in? Whiteside was great, but who else? and Zaza played only 24 minutes.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• This article is mostly for Knicks schadenfreude but it inadvertently brought up the Raps. A fun diversion in the post-Millsap era of this thread

http://nypost.com/2017/01/11/the-onl...-a-pipe-dream/

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        This article is mostly for Knicks schadenfreude but it inadvertently brought up the Raps. A fun diversion in the post-Millsap era of this thread

An online trade machine suggested two deals. One was to Boston, requiring the Celtics to give up five players. Not happening. Another involved the Raptors. The proposal was based on salary, with logic and common sense ignored. It had Toronto giving up DeMarre Carroll, injured Jared Sullinger and Norman Powell for Anthony.
                        We'd need to play with 2 basketballs at a time...

Comment

• We already tried the two volume shooters experiment and it was a disaster. I say no to Anthony.

Comment

• Anthony has a no trade clause.. he's not coming to Toronto anyway.. but if NY is willing to take back Carroll, Sully and Powell then why not a 3 way? Bring in Griffin, give LAC Anthony and then give NY those three guys.

LAC would have to give up someone like Moute to make the trade work.

I'd be hesitant though. Griffin is a free agent this summer. Really low hopes in him resigning with Toronto. He's a guy that probably wants fame more than anything and he won't get that here. But a Griffin/Lowry/DD/JV core would look pretty cool.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              This article is mostly for Knicks schadenfreude but it inadvertently brought up the Raps. A fun diversion in the post-Millsap era of this thread

Would prefer to stay far far away from Carmelo. Instant flash backs to the my turn your turn brick elbow jumper offense that Gay and Derozan hijacked. We don't need an iso offensive "star". We need defense, rebounding, and sure scoring is nice when needed but the last thing we need is Carmelo coming and fucking shit up

Comment

• no, no, no....this wasn't to suggest we should trade for Anthony. Just that it was funny that we came up in this Post story

Comment

Working...
                                X