8-12th pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    Jimmer is gonna be a top 5 pick after this tourney.
    Jimmer is not a top 5 pick, don't forget he is a senior and 22 years old, guys like Irving and Walker and Sullinger are all freshman aged 18 to 19 years old. Jimmer may win the MVP of the NCAA for his leadership and experience he will not put up numbers to put him in the top 14 of the draft.

Comment

I'd like a mid-first rounder to select Tristan Thompson. I don't care if he backs up Ed or whatever, the kids gonna be a solid NBA'er I believe. Plus he'd be the first hometown(BTown is close enough) boy on the Raptors roster, ever!

Comment

Yeah I agree. I usually throw that kind of attitude to the wind but I think a Canadian kid like Thompson could really become a fan favorite and help the city. Trade Bargs and roll with a Ed/Amir/Thompson lineup.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thompson is undersized, he can't play C. Not to mention if Bargs is gone this team has no consistent scorer.

Comment

I would select honeycutt. just cause of the cool name!

In all seriousness, its hard to get those picks and most teams want more for them then they are worth.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              I'd like a mid-first rounder to select Tristan Thompson. I don't care if he backs up Ed or whatever, the kids gonna be a solid NBA'er I believe. Plus he'd be the first hometown(BTown is close enough) boy on the Raptors roster, ever!
              The problem is, Leo will constantly wank-off on air and never shutup about him because he is Canadian. Gawd!! and if Leo coaches this guy for Team Canada and his entire NBA career goes off the rails because he had Leo to coach him, then I would feel bad for Tristan Thompson on all ends!

Comment

I don't see any value at the top of this draft and I think the teams in the 7-12 range will get the best value for the pick.

There is no consensus #1 and I think teams will have wildly different view on guys. Right now, I don't think you can pick one blue chipper out of this draft class. Sullinger might be the closest but he is a below the rim guy and that always worries me. Irving should be good but he isn't John Wall and he certainly isn't Rondo/Paul/Williams/Nash. Perry Jones is a major project. I like Terrence Jones but he isn't a normal top 5 pick. Barnes looks like Marvin Williams. Now, some of those guys fall to 8, 9 or 12 and they become real good picks.

Fredette? You have to remember, he plays 40 mins a game and handles the ball all the time, of course he doesn't defend cause he needs everything for offense. You watched him? It's 1 on 5 out there. The rest of that BYU team is awful. A lot of the criticism of Fredette is similar to what we heard about Curry. I don't know if he's Curry but he seems like a guy that could contribute.

Comment

Not this year they don't
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    I don't see any value at the top of this draft and I think the teams in the 7-12 range will get the best value for the pick.

There is no consensus #1 and I think teams will have wildly different view on guys. Right now, I don't think you can pick one blue chipper out of this draft class. Sullinger might be the closest but he is a below the rim guy and that always worries me. Irving should be good but he isn't John Wall and he certainly isn't Rondo/Paul/Williams/Nash. Perry Jones is a major project. I like Terrence Jones but he isn't a normal top 5 pick. Barnes looks like Marvin Williams. Now, some of those guys fall to 8, 9 or 12 and they become real good picks.

Fredette? You have to remember, he plays 40 mins a game and handles the ball all the time, of course he doesn't defend cause he needs everything for offense. You watched him? It's 1 on 5 out there. The rest of that BYU team is awful. A lot of the criticism of Fredette is similar to what we heard about Curry. I don't know if he's Curry but he seems like a guy that could contribute.
                    That is why I'd like the Raptors to trade down and pick up another pick. You can get 2 quality player opposed to 1 quality player. This is generally a very weak class, we aren't going to get Irving and Barnes isn't that great.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      That is why I'd like the Raptors to trade down and pick up another pick. You can get 2 quality player opposed to 1 quality player. This is generally a very weak class, we aren't going to get Irving and Barnes isn't that great.
                      +1, where we agree for the first time lol . Trade down that Top 5 pick to to get a Top 10 pick and a pick outside the lottery to draft Kemba Walker (I am beginning to get impressed by him, has had some double digit assists games so the Iverson comparison from me stops , we hope he can defend and has a good defensive basketball IQ *crossing my fingers*) or Brandon Knight (could be a Westbrook type of PG as he can put the ball in the hoop, could be mentored by Jose how to pass as a double threat - scoring and passing ) and Jordan Hamilton (can score and rebound as a starting 3) or Tyler Honeycutt or have our Top 5 pick (if it does not become Kyrie Irving) - draft Enes Kanter (depends on how much we can offer Marc Gasol - a starting center that fits this team as a glove, as a RFA to pry him away from the Memphis Grizzlies) as long as his knees check out fine and trade Bargs+trade filler to get another lottery pick(even if we draft Kyrie Irving, we need another first round pick in this draft to fill 2 out of this roster's deficiency at the 1, 3 and 5) to draft Terrence Jones (another good SF in this draft who can rebound and score as our starting 3) or Harrison Barnes (has higher potential, will need to have a Paul Pierce kind of career using footwork, head and shoulder fakes to have a good offensive career a la Paul Pierce's career to make up for his lack of athleticism and defend the perimeter intelligently). Get a second round pick to draft a 7 footer who can rebound and block shots as size is important in the NBA. So many scenarios, BC should use in the draft to bring some much needed talent to this team or he is gone .

Comment

I think Kimba is going to fall out of the lottery.

Comment

Kimbo Slice or Kemba Walker?

Walker will stay in the lottery.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Why would he fall out of the lottery? If anything, I believe his draft status will improve, especially if he can lead UConn to the Final Four. That was a monstrous performance he put on for the Big East tourney, easily the most talented conference in the nation.

Comment

we need Barnes or Irving, i don't like anyone else in this draft. But Brandon knight seems ok aswell.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Why would he fall out of the lottery? If anything, I believe his draft status will improve, especially if he can lead UConn to the Final Four. That was a monstrous performance he put on for the Big East tourney, easily the most talented conference in the nation.
                                smushmush wrote: View Post
                                +1, where we agree for the first time lol . Trade down that Top 5 pick to to get a Top 10 pick and a pick outside the lottery to draft Kemba Walker (I am beginning to get impressed by him, has had some double digit assists games so the Iverson comparison from me stops , we hope he can defend and has a good defensive basketball IQ *crossing my fingers*) or Brandon Knight (could be a Westbrook type of PG as he can put the ball in the hoop, could be mentored by Jose how to pass as a double threat - scoring and passing ) and Jordan Hamilton (can score and rebound as a starting 3) or Tyler Honeycutt or have our Top 5 pick (if it does not become Kyrie Irving) - draft Enes Kanter (depends on how much we can offer Marc Gasol - a starting center that fits this team as a glove, as a RFA to pry him away from the Memphis Grizzlies) as long as his knees check out fine and trade Bargs+trade filler to get another lottery pick(even if we draft Kyrie Irving, we need another first round pick in this draft to fill 2 out of this roster's deficiency at the 1, 3 and 5) to draft Terrence Jones (another good SF in this draft who can rebound and score as our starting 3) or Harrison Barnes (has higher potential, will need to have a Paul Pierce kind of career using footwork, head and shoulder fakes to have a good offensive career a la Paul Pierce's career to make up for his lack of athleticism and defend the perimeter intelligently). Get a second round pick to draft a 7 footer who can rebound and block shots as size is important in the NBA. So many scenarios, BC should use in the draft to bring some much needed talent to this team or he is gone .

Comment

Working...
                                X