Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATRIX Via Mr. Anderson

Alan Anderson leads Raptors against Pistons for fourth win in a row

Toronto Sun - It's not a coincidence that Alan Anderson's return to health has coincided with the longest winning streak the Raptors have enjoyed in two years.

Landry sitting eating money...while MR. ANDERSON's low wage...rocking.

Finally Raps catching some breaks in finding someone like ANDERSON
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

No question he is taking a leadership role, and we are not even paying him the duckets for it.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome Home Alan you belong in T.dot your journey has come to an end. you are a Raptor

Comment

Colangelo has proven to be pretty good at finding guys like this. Anderson, Jomario Moon, Getting Johnson and Weems for Delfino and Ukic, all moves for guys that were either on their way out or weren't in the league and who became solid contributers while with us.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

He reminds me a bit of Anthony Parker. Similar international journeyman resume, same ability to knock down big shots, play a versatile game, fits well within a team game. I don't think he's as good a defender as Parker, but it's hard to tell, because back then it seemed like Parker was our only guy interested in playing defence.

Comment

I like the Anthony Parker comparison. That's spot on. If he can maintain this level of contribution up to the All Star break, I would think about extending him. Maybe 2 years 6 million, with a third year team option?
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Mr. Anderson

octothorp wrote: View Post
              He reminds me a bit of Anthony Parker. Similar international journeyman resume, same ability to knock down big shots, play a versatile game, fits well within a team game. I don't think he's as good a defender as Parker, but it's hard to tell, because back then it seemed like Parker was our only guy interested in playing defence.

I think he looks like Method Man....anyone know who I'm talking about?
              It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                Colangelo has proven to be pretty good at finding guys like this. Anderson, Jomario Moon, Getting Johnson and Weems for Delfino and Ukic, all moves for guys that were either on their way out or weren't in the league and who became solid contributers while with us.
                Exactly! And please also tell us where exactly these guys are now?

If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                  I think he looks like Method Man....anyone know who I'm talking about?
                  oh man.... last night i spent half the game thinking of who he looked like, but the name just wasn't coming to me...

bang on, sir.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

If indeed AA is the next Moon, Ukic, Delfino, Weems for the Raptors, then i feel sorry for him.

I do wish later on in his career he becomes a Jamal Crawford type player but right now, although winning here and there is nice, the Raptors needs franchise players, superstars, all-stars. Id rather be playing Ross over AA.
                    Lol AA is 30. He's not going to get much better than he is now. So drop the Jamal Crawford comparison, they are nothing alike.

Comment

Absolutely right. Im counting my lucky stars that AA has played well - and he is very much part of the reason we have won the last few. But, this will end badly. He thinks he is WAY better than he is right now, cause hes on a hot streak. T Ross should 100% be getting more mins than AA..

Comment

I'd rather give Ross the minutes too, but is AA less a part of the future than Klieza or even Fields? We have 3 small forwards and none of them are looking like they are the answer long term, so I think it is great that until we find our guy, we give a shot to a guy like Anderson who is actually playing very well for us. Maybe it won't work out, but if we get even a decent back up out of a guy who was playing in Europe last year, well that's awesome. It's not like we have a pick this year so unless there is a trade coming up, the only source of new talent is guys like Anderson who have maybe been overlooked. BC has found a couple decent guys that way, with Amir Johnson and Anthony Parker being the most succesful and people like James Johnson also having some success.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          I'd rather give Ross the minutes too, but is AA less a part of the future than Klieza or even Fields? We have 3 small forwards and none of them are looking like they are the answer long term, so I think it is great that until we find our guy, we give a shot to a guy like Anderson who is actually playing very well for us. Maybe it won't work out, but if we get even a decent back up out of a guy who was playing in Europe last year, well that's awesome. It's not like we have a pick this year so unless there is a trade coming up, the only source of new talent is guys like Anderson who have maybe been overlooked. BC has found a couple decent guys that way, with Amir Johnson and Anthony Parker being the most succesful and people like James Johnson also having some success.
                          You can't possibly be writing off fields after not playing a single game at 100%

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            ...He thinks he is WAY better than he is right now, cause hes on a hot streak. T Ross should 100% be getting more mins than AA..
                            Don't know where you are getting this. He looks like a dead ringer for Mr. Humility to me. Realizes how tenuous membership on an NBA team is and completely dedicated to staying here, which means "listen to coach."

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              You can't possibly be writing off fields after not playing a single game at 100%
                              Not writing him off, maybe he'll return to his rookie form. Or maybe he's done. Or maybe Alan Anderson is going to maintain the play we've seen thus far.
                              I'm not writing anyone off yet, but I see no reason to assume Fields is a better player than Anderson or that we should be planning our future with him as part of the squad. If he works out and plays very well for us, great, but in the meantime let's evaluate some other options.

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X