Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose or Jarrett: Who Would You Start At PG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It's obvious you don't understand what running an offense is. You're certainly not alone, but don't argue with me because you don't. It takes a certain degree of understanding to be able to see it and most fans simply don't have that.

And when Jack went into the starting lineup, the team started off 2-4 and then got benched when the team went 1-9. That doesn't jibe with your argument.
    It does "jibe" if you use actual facts that the team was losing until he took Jose's job and then was the dominant starter for the rest of the year....Truth is breh is your whole premises is an opinion and altho a popular one in this town its not a good one....

Theres NO evidence that supports Calderon runs a better offense or even a good one...the one year he was the starting PG the teams offense was inconsistent,two best years under BC TJ Ford started and last year he had his job took again while the offense was in the top 5 in the league,problem for you is it wasnt because of Calderon..and its silly to even make that case when he started less than 50% of the games....

Im arguing that Calderon shouldnt start i really could careless what your perception of running an offense is.....Calderon doesnt run an offense how an offense needs to be runned by a starting PG,i could careless what you believe....

oh and a if you want to make a legit case you shouldnt just disregard defense as if it is meaningless lol.....a major reason why he dont need to be starting is cuz he cant guard anyone...

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
      It does "jibe" if you use actual facts that the team was losing until he took Jose's job and then was the dominant starter for the rest of the year
      You need to check those facts. Jack lost his starting job to Calderon after the team went 1-9 and didn't get it back.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Its funny the arguments the pro Calderon ppl will make for him,similar to bargs short on facts and truth and long on personal bias and opinion.....

Guy has regressed he is below mediocre offensively he cannot break down a defense therefore he cant score at will and if he cant do that he cant start in this league because he is such a liability defensively...this team will never win with him starting in fact no team in the nba will win with him as the lead guard because he doesnt have the necessary skill set to be a lead NBA guard playing 35-40 mins....and the last 4 years the records,numbers and stats tell that exact story....only thing thats changed are the pseudo phony excuses to disguise what he is......2 years ago his To/ast ratio was lauded as historic lol but then those fans realized it was meaningless when his overrall numbers went down and he had his job taken again and the team was losing and he still couldnt get all star recognition......now you have no stats to use so we have to lie about the offense being better runned with him at the helm lol......problem is the evidence dont support that lie....

Whats funny is these supporters now will also tell you you cant see "it" and cant analyze "him" when watching him and cant break down what he does....no more statistics just corny talking points....problem is he is still mediocre,he still cant defend,he is still bottom 3rd in the league and regarded around the league as overrated and only raptor fans and BC cant see that...

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          You need to check those facts. Jack lost his starting job to Calderon after the team went 1-9 and didn't get it back.
          Ugh Calderon was the starting PG to start the season last year,Jack was the back up...

it was Jarrett that took over the starting job in early december/late november...

Comment

Its funny the arguments the pro Calderon ppl will make for him,similar to bargs short on facts and truth and long on personal bias and opinion.....

Guy has regressed he is below mediocre offensively he cannot break down a defense therefore he cant score at will and if he cant do that he cant start in this league because he is such a liability defensively...this team will never win with him starting in fact no team in the nba will win with him as the lead guard because he doesnt have the necessary skill set to be a lead NBA guard playing 35-40 mins....and the last 4 years the records,numbers and stats tell that exact story....only thing thats changed are the pseudo phony excuses to disguise what he is......2 years ago his To/ast ratio was lauded as historic lol but then those fans realized it was meaningless when his overrall numbers went down and he had his job taken again and the team was losing and he still couldnt get all star recognition......now you have no stats to use so we have to lie about the offense being better runned with him at the helm lol......problem is the evidence dont support that lie....

Whats funny is these supporters now will also tell you you cant see "it" and cant analyze "him" when watching him and cant break down what he does....no more statistics just corny talking points....problem is he is still mediocre,he still cant defend,he is still bottom 3rd in the league and regarded around the league as overrated and only raptor fans and BC cant see that...
            First of all, Calderon was one of the few Raptors last year with a positive +/- rating. There is a stat for you.

And I'll be the first person to admit that Calderon is not the same player he was when he signed his contract. Injuries affected him and he seemed to lose confidence because of it. It's too bad. He's still a decent player, though, and I don't think you give him enough credit. He's certainly not my long term solution at PG, but with the roster the team has, I think his ability to make those around him better and run an offense (yes, there is such a thing) will be better for the team than Jack, who sometimes plays with blinders on and really isn't the passer Calderon is.

Also, please, please attempt some proper grammar because it's really difficult to figure out what the hell you're talking about half of the time because your sentences run on and you jump around all over the place. This is not an insult. I just find this type of writing a bit of a chore to read, and generally I simply don't.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ugh Calderon was the starting PG to start the season last year,Jack was the back up...

it was Jarrett that took over the starting job in early december/late november...
              Jack started in early December when Calderon went down with injury. Calderon took back the starting spot in mid-March after the team started spiralling.
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Unbelievable, 12 votes for Jose "Gatorade"?! He doesn't have the mentality we need in a starting point guard, period.

Comment

Set a defensive - points in the paint tone and start with Jack the Slasher.
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Looks like Jack's recent play is separating him from Jose "let's eat sushi" Calderon..........

Comment

Question: Is the Bobcats placing their starting PG duties on Livingston's knees over Calderon because of their stupidity or how much Calderon sucks/how low his value is?

Tbh I never really liked Jose, even during that pseudo-allstar stretch of his (They keep drooling over his AST/TO ratio, and I was all like "Yeah, that would be awesome if he ever made a risky pass); in that offseason, I wanted to move him for Prince. I think Jack is a far better player to start games with. Neither should play heavy minutes though...But I think Jack should close out games-he's been far more clutch than Calderon. And after that Philly game I think that a bit of separation is between them. Besides, he has better chemistry with the bench and is inexplicably far more aggressive coming off it. Though I'm scared of a Calderon-Barbosa backcourt defensively for extended periods of time...

Comment

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../15740736.html
                        Looks like Jay will most likely start Jose despite his preseason defensive rhetoric and the fact that Jack has out played Jose- another case of potentially playing contracts over talent...smh Banks has arguably outplayed both Jack & Jose this preseason....smh

Sherm mention that the line up of Bargnani, Evans, Kleiza, DD & Jose will most likely be the unit that Jay starts the season with as well. It's looking more & more like Jay says one thing in the media for fans and then does whatever BC tells him to do (player rotations) regardless of his previous stated particulars.

Jay preaches defense all preseason (once again) then potentially throws out Jose as the front line and Bargnani as the back line of Raptor defense to start the season...smh Jose & DD will be one of the weakest starting backcourts in the NBA I'd rather see a Jack & Barbosa/Weems starting backcourt with the roster as is.

Comment

Im glad they starting Jose Calderon...this teams D is going to get massacred out the gate,wil be scrutinized hard both the decisions and the coaching and thats all i want to see....in a losing season at least have the crap and fools gold shown for all to see...so it can be fixed...

Comment

PJ basically confirms it as well (Jose starting even though Jack has outplayed him smh) in the FAN 950 radio interview:
                            http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...19_155931_9928

2010-11 Raptor's starting unit:

Bargnani
                            Evans (*Davis will most likely start when healthy)
                            Kleiza
                            DeRozan
                            Calderon

I don't see this unit getting out and pressing like Team USA or being solid on defense- just sayin'....

Comment

Outside of BC wanting Calderon to play mins so he can deal him during the season i dont get it....not only is it not the correct move for the team to compete but it will create tension in the locker room...best believe when this team is getting bullied defnesively the fingers are going to be pointed at a certain PG and your going to hear off the record remarks made by Jack and others.......

Comment

Why cant this organization ever make the right decision...on or off the court...

How can you NOT be negative when the coaching staff makes the same stupid mistakes that the FO makes....

I said it in August you cant start Jose anymore here OVER Jack..not after you tried to run him outta town and got him express mailed back by Larry Brown/MJ....not after last season when fans finally starting booing him...and then AFTER Jack clearly was the better guy in pre season ? I really want to here triano explain it....if its some half assed reasoning it can only be cuz they still want to move him and need him to play bigger mins..outside of that its just a completely dumb decision.....

You cannot win with Jose starting 30-35 mins a night CAN NOT...if he isnt going to give you 15-20 PPG you cant afford it based on all the liabilities he gives your team....fact this coaching staff and organization still doesnt understand this is frustrating.....this organization stay stuck on stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X