No announcement yet.

CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because according to president Obama the economy has all but recovered....

I have a feeling the cap is going to stay the same or even go up.
    Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

• Deanialist wrote: View Post
      Because according to president Obama the economy has all but recovered....

I sincerely doubt the salary cap will stay at its current 57.7 million:

"In July the league told the teams to expect a cap in the $50-$53 million range, and their first midseason projections indicated it would probably fall closer to the high end of that range. A lot of teams have been using $53 million for their internal projections. Recent news from the league was that gate receipts are better than expected, which might add another $1 million or so to the cap. So right now I'm saying $53-$54 million..." Larry Coon, otherwise known as the guy who wrote this: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Comment

• Deanialist wrote: View Post
        Because according to president Obama the economy has all but recovered....

Unemployment is through the roof, people are still getting evicted and their government is $57 trillion in debt. Not to mention the looming commercial real estate crisis. The last person I will take a face value right now is Obama. Wall St. crashed the economy and then he turns around and fills his cabinet with Wall St. players.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Unemployment is through the roof, people are still getting evicted and their government is $57 trillion in debt. Not to mention the looming commercial real estate crisis. The last person I will take a face value right now is Obama. Wall St. crashed the economy and then he turns around and fills his cabinet with Wall St. players.
          LOL tooo funny...What I really ment to say is that Obama is saying everthing is fine & getting better but it isn't LOL

That aside maybe I might have been a couple mill off but who knows what could happen when it comes to the salary cap. Predictions are predictions & not always the truth.

Comment

• Chris Bosh, No! He's Not Leaving The Raptors!

In a recent interview with Michael Grange of The Globe and Mail , both Bosh and Bryan Colangelo confirmed the obvious.

When Bosh was asked if he expected to be traded, “I doubt it.”

Asked if he wanted to be dealt, “No, no, no, no.”

When Bryan Colangelo was asked about his intentions with Bosh, “I have no intention to move him, and have absolutely every intention to keep him long-term.”

When Colangelo was asked if the Raptors owners, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE), were willing to become a luxury tax-paying team, he replied, “They want to win and they’re committed.”
            Chris Bosh, No! He's Not Leaving The Raptors!

So the speculation of Bosh leaving is now truly just that - unsubstantiated speculation.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

• Good find Steve. Maybe now all those media people down south will zip it.

Comment

• There is a growing consensus that Bosh is staying in Toronto, until this summer, at least. Several sources around the league have said that Bosh trade talk has stalled in the past few weeks, thanks in large part to the Raptors' recent success on the court. The team is winning, and Bosh has been terrific. ESPN.com
                Hoops Hype

Sounds like ESPN is starting to wimper off into the shadows with their Chris Bosh bombshells. I find there wording funny as they never leave the possiblilty open that they're completely wrong. Instead they say shit like "staying in Toronto, until summer, at least". What does that even mean? That he's probably re-signing but could some day leave his team? Well Kobe is staying in L.A. until his current contract runs out, at least but then who knows? He could sign with the lowly Kings or maybe he joins a band of traveling acrobats? Remember, you didn't hear it here first.
                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 4, 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Its so hilarious ... it was only weeks ago that every ESPN analyst with the exception of maybe one were quoted in saying that the Raptors had no chance in retaining Bosh. Now all of a sudden most of them are singing a new tune.

Its amazing what a few wins can do.

Comment

• Chris Bosh is off the trade market. Sources close to the situation say not only is he happy with the direction of the franchise, but that he is open to doing a new deal in Toronto, something the Raptors are more than willing to do.
                    Hoops World

And I guess that's a wRAP.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Hoops World

And I guess that's a wRAP.
                      It's not over till the fat lady sings or Bosh cuts his dreadlocks off LOL

Comment

• Wow even the Sun can get it right sometimes...

Truth be told, Calderon has been one of few bright spots on this team the past couple seasons but as this article states we gotta put him up for sale...

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...46581-qmi.html

Comment

• 2. The Raptors, who are 18-6 since an 11-17 start, appear set to keep potential free agent Chris Bosh instead of dealing him at the deadline. What do you make of their decision?

Thomsen: Why move him now? Bosh hasn't asked to be traded and he hasn't told the Raptors he'll be leaving this summer, so there is no reason (yet) for Toronto to deal its best player. The Raptors have a better chance of retaining Bosh than advertised because they can offer him more money than any other team, and their franchise is clearly built around him as the top player. They give themselves a chance at reaching the second round if they're able to hold on to the No. 5 seed in the East, which could further their hopes of retaining Bosh.

Hughes: It would seem that the Bosh situation is the same as the Stoudemire situation. But for some reason I view them differently, and I think Raptors president Bryan Colangelo should try to hang on to Bosh for now and see how it plays out. Toronto has a favorable second-half schedule, and maybe continuing its winning ways and finding some success in the postseason would be enough to persuade Bosh to stick around. Perhaps that is naive and taking a Pollyanna view.

McCallum: To trade Bosh now would send the worst possible message: OK, we've finally figured out how to play together, so let's trade away our best player! I don't think Bosh has made up his mind about whether he wants to leave or stay (obligatory LeBron James mention: I don't think he has either), but Bosh's Raptors have apparently finally figured out how to become a factor in the East. Colangelo has to roll the dice on Bosh, let these guys play together and try to become a top-four team in the East and hope he stays.

Mannix: It's a risk -- a big risk -- because Bosh isn't about to give his current employers any assurances he is going to re-sign before he tests the free-agent market. But the fact that Toronto rebounded from a putrid start to shove itself into the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff mix effectively tied Colangelo's hands. Still, no exec I have talked to believes Colangelo -- a two-time Executive of the Year -- will allow Bosh to leave for nothing after the season. Should Bosh tell him he's not coming back, the Raptors will work out some kind of sign-and-trade that will give them as much, if not more, than they would get for Bosh at the trade deadline.
                          SI.com

Comment

• SI's view (today) on Bosh movement

It's slowly sinking in I think...albeit painfully, that Bosh might (omg) actually consider staying. These pundits break me up sometimes.

2. The Raptors, who are 18-6 since an 11-17 start, appear set to keep potential free agent Chris Bosh instead of dealing him at the deadline. What do you make of their decision?

Thomsen: Why move him now? Bosh hasn't asked to be traded and he hasn't told the Raptors he'll be leaving this summer, so there is no reason (yet) for Toronto to deal its best player. The Raptors have a better chance of retaining Bosh than advertised because they can offer him more money than any other team, and their franchise is clearly built around him as the top player. They give themselves a chance at reaching the second round if they're able to hold on to the No. 5 seed in the East, which could further their hopes of retaining Bosh.

Hughes: It would seem that the Bosh situation is the same as the Stoudemire situation. But for some reason I view them differently, and I think Raptors president Bryan Colangelo should try to hang on to Bosh for now and see how it plays out. Toronto has a favorable second-half schedule, and maybe continuing its winning ways and finding some success in the postseason would be enough to persuade Bosh to stick around. Perhaps that is naive and taking a Pollyanna view.

McCallum: To trade Bosh now would send the worst possible message: OK, we've finally figured out how to play together, so let's trade away our best player! I don't think Bosh has made up his mind about whether he wants to leave or stay (obligatory LeBron James mention: I don't think he has either), but Bosh's Raptors have apparently finally figured out how to become a factor in the East. Colangelo has to roll the dice on Bosh, let these guys play together and try to become a top-four team in the East and hope he stays.

Mannix: It's a risk -- a big risk -- because Bosh isn't about to give his current employers any assurances he is going to re-sign before he tests the free-agent market. But the fact that Toronto rebounded from a putrid start to shove itself into the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff mix effectively tied Colangelo's hands. Still, no exec I have talked to believes Colangelo -- a two-time Executive of the Year -- will allow Bosh to leave for nothing after the season. Should Bosh tell him he's not coming back, the Raptors will work out some kind of sign-and-trade that will give them as much, if not more, than they would get for Bosh at the trade deadline.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0foplxDYN
                            Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Comment

• Hey these guys actually sound smart and well educated in the subject they're talking about. They must get TSN2 or something via satellite....
                              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

• f the Suns decide to keep Stoudemire, it could be a rocky few months. A source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com that the Suns and Stoudemire have ended all talks on a contract extension. If Stoudemire plays out the season in Phoenix, he'll likely leave this summer.

"He's being personally wooed by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade," the source said. "On the other side, he's being actively shopped by the Suns. He feels like he may be more wanted elsewhere."
                                ESPN

Do any of you feel that the heightened interest in Amare is a sign of the times? As in, people are starting to give up on the Chris Bosh idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X