Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Way Early Pre Season Predictions Thread... who finishes where in the Eastern Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    The Best
    1) Toronto
    2) Cleveland (i think Cleveland is the better team, but as the Champs i feel they are going to focus more on rest than winning games in the regular season)
    3)Boston

The Rest
    4)Indiana
    5)Atlanta
    6)Detroit
    7)Charlotte
    8)Miami Heat (If Bosh is healthy)
    9)Chicago
    10)Orlando
    11)New York
    12)Milwaukee
    13)Washington
    14)Philadelphia
    15)Brooklyn

from 6-13 i really think its going to be a shit show ... all those teams want to make the playoffs and all have the talent to do it
    Wishful thinking. Lol.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      How BOS got twice as many votes as us to get out of the East is beyond me.
      It looks like experts were right.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Points in time.
        Raps may re ignite post ASG and Isiah Thomas superman season may wane ...
        Let's see where we all are in mid April.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Yeah? Were the experts voting on who would be ahead in the standings at the all star break?

You are crowing about this team's demise way too early.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah? Were the experts voting on who would be ahead in the standings at the all star break?

You are crowing about this team's demise way too early.
            Not crowing just assessing where we are at currently. There are only 25 games left. That is factual. Time will tell but based on where we are currently at we will be very hard pressed to get to second. The experts predicted Celtics would finish second--if as posters we remove our biases and truly assess things objectively most of us would conclude MOST LIKELY we will not finish second and could finish as low as 7th. Your point about injuries and lineup are valid. My comments about where we are at and where is most likely to finish are factual. We certainly are not getting to 63 wins-- not likely 50 though possible. The preseason predictions are off base. Yes there have been injuries. Most of us expected 51-55 wins . To get to 50+ wins we will need a dramatic shift and extended winning streaks. The way our coach manages JV and fourth quarters I have significant concerns. A lot of our problems this year seem Supra tentorial (i.e. Mental) to me --not physical.

Comment

Not crowing just assessing where we are at currently. There are only 25 games left. That is factual. Time will tell but based on where we are currently at we will be very hard pressed to get to second. The experts predicted Celtics would finish second--if as posters we remove our biases and truly assess things objectively most of us would conclude MOST LIKELY we will not finish second and could finish as low as 7th. Your point about injuries and lineup are valid. My comments about where we are at and where is most likely to finish are factual. We certainly are not getting to 63 wins-- not likely 50 though possible. The preseason predictions are off base. Yes there have been injuries. Most of us expected 51-55 wins . To get to 50+ wins we will need a dramatic shift and extended winning streaks. The way our coach manages JV and fourth quarters I have significant concerns. A lot of our problems this year seem Supra tentorial (i.e. Mental) to me --not physical.
              ESPN's BPI, which looks only at numbers and not at hpye or highligh reels, still pegs the Raptors to finish #2 in the East and #6 overall: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...ll-power-index

I think even without my partisan hat on I'd say the Raptors have the second best roster in the East. They definintely haven't been playing as well as Boston, Washington, Miami, or even Atlanta the last few weeks, though.

I'd like to see them finish #2 or #3.
              Last edited by S.R.; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 05:24 PM.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

17-8 is do-able.

I honestly don't care. Now that we have ibaka to replace biz, I think we are stronger this yr and moving forward.

However it plays out, I hope we fire Casey and use our assets (which is a real strength) to make a few adjustments. I'm assuming we resign Lowry and ibaka. If we actually play our young guys and Masai has some luck then I think we're in a great position to upgrade and tweak. My only concern is what happens to pat? He's a real key piece to me unless we can get an amir type on an exception, or Bruno shares a condo with norm.

Comment

Raps will finish at least 3rd. Quote me later

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    I agree. We are going into the break feeling a bit better about ourselves after that last 4th quarter and we will have two really good power forwards to plug into the rotation as opposed to Bebe and pascal. I think we should be optimistic about the next 25 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its still too early to talk about placement.. Cavs could fall to #2. If Lebron needs a few rest days then those are automatic losses for the Cavs. Gives Boston a chance to climb to #1.

And if that happens.. it may not be a bad thing to end up in 4th.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Its still too early to talk about placement.. Cavs could fall to #2. If Lebron needs a few rest days then those are automatic losses for the Cavs. Gives Boston a chance to climb to #1.

And if that happens.. it may not be a bad thing to end up in 4th.
                        Good point. Curious to see loves timeline

Comment

If we are going to consider 7th a real possibility, we should consider 1st a real possibility too.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            I say second, quote me on that

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                              I say second, quote me on that
                              Goddamnit Abbas you're quoted all over the place for the wrong reasons

STOP MAKING PREDICTIONS
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If we are going to consider 7th a real possibility, we should consider 1st a real possibility too.
                                Dan you REALLY think we can make up that much ground and become 2nd? What would our record and Boston's record have to be these last 25 games for that to happen? Cause it seems a bit unrealistic.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X