X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    JOey:

I think waiver should be changed.

Everyone right now should be FA and immediately add/drop.

Anyone who is waived should go through waivers.

I believe that is how it was last year as well.

Your thoughts?
    Trying to change it. Not sure if I can.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Trying to change it. Not sure if I can.
      I can and will.

Comment

I can and will.
        Awesome. Do it.

Comment

I can and will.
          Shit.

I can't.

I thought I could.

Appears have to wait for 2 days to change the setting:

Custom league commissioners can choose whether players will automatically go to waivers after the draft or if players will be immediately available as free agents.

This setting cannot be reversed once the draft is over. All undrafted players must follow the waiver period setting in place at the time the draft concluded.
          The waiver period for custom leagues can be set anywhere from "No waivers" up to "7 days."
          If the waiver period for your custom league is set for 2 days (which is the default Public/Pro League setting), waivers will take between 48 and 72 hours. Waivers do not begin processing until the nightly update that begins shortly after midnight Pacific Time.
          If your draft takes place on a Monday at 11 a.m. PT, undrafted players will clear waivers at 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday. Waivers will then be processed between 4-8 hours later, at which point they will show on their new roster.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=..._US&id=SLN6348

Comment

Delfino - 1
            Bass - 1
            Oden - 1
            Nick Young - 1
            Martell Webster - 1
            Reggie Jackson - 2
            Caldwell Pope - 3

Total of 32 years.

Comment

For simplicity, why not just limit the resigns to 2 players, regardless of their years?

Personally, I like the current rules. Adds an element of strategy (staggering you best players deals) and keeps the FA auction exciting. Let's be honest, the drafting of new players each season is usually the best part of the season, diluting that so that decisions are easier for managers isn't really a good one. Having to decide between your up and comer and your all-star vet is all part of the fun. Plus, the limitations is also a good way to stimulate the trade market. If you have a young guy breakout, then you are more willing to move a vet for something than risk losing him for nothing.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

My starters and such would be as follows:

PG - John Wall
                SG - Kobe Bryant(*Bradley Beal will replace him due to injury)
                SF - Andre Igoudala
                PF - Andre Drummond
                C - Brook Lopez

1st big off the bench - Andrew Bogut
                1st guard of bench - Eric Bledsoe

Good mix of young an old IMO.

Comment

I would rather not change the rules on the extensions.

Actually at this point I would be hesitant to change anything. Any conversation as such should be limited to what we would do differently next season

Comment

Tyler Hansbrough - 1yr
                    Landry Fields - 1yr
                    Kris Humphries - 1yr
                    Patrick "$97" Beverley - 3yrs
                    Alec Burks - 2yrs

Should make my cap total 35.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Patrick "$97" Beverley
                      Hahah Officially his new nick name.

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                        I think it should stay the way it is. I spent a considerable amount of time strategizing the amount of years I would give each player, so that I wouldn't have too many great players expiring at the same time. The only option I could be convinced of is Mack North's suggestion of only re-upping 2 players, but they could have 0 or 1 year left.
                        Is there any more discussion needed surrounding the amount of player adds and drops that can be done by one team in a season? I would be in favor of limiting that. Not sure if there is a rule in the NBA?
                        While I wanted to encourage the discussion to be had, I'm also in favour of leaving this particular rule untouched. If you want to extent them, wait until you can offer them an extension at 0.
                        If you don't have 2 guys you want to extend, then don't. But finding the gems and filling the holes in Free Agency will be one of the best parts of this League.

As for Limiting roster adds, we have the 40 Year Cap, which does limit teams and then from there everything is 1-year deals. I didn't really like it at first, but it kinda shaped the last half of the season.
                        I don't know, what do people think?
                        You can only add/drop 3 times per week.

In this league, there aren't a lot of good free agents and when guys come out of nowhere they are usually picked up quick.

If people are adding and dropping all the time, they are likely to lose a decent player.

Also, anyone picked up automatically counts as a year towards the 40 salary cap. If you pick that player up with 40 or under years, you can keep them as free agent if you want (it is how I got Sanders) but if you pick them up after 40 they go to free agency (it is how I lost Harris/Butler and had to bid $74 for Henson).

I think this rule should stay as is. IN the NBA there is no minimum/maximum adding/dropping players and once above salary cap they can only be signed for minimum (forgetting about exceptions).

Comment

Hey all,

Hope the draft went well. As expected, I ended up with two players I had no interest in. I set Tobias Harris to $200 to make sure I ended up with at least one player I wanted (sorry Matt! I saw from your post you were interested in him; my most disappointing moment of last season was when I went on to pick up LARRY SANDERS! to find you had grabbed him not two hours before....).

I've dropped the two guys I didn't want but was assigned - CJ Miles and Dante Cunningham. I've picked up Steven Adams and Donatas Montejunas off the waiver wire. I don't think it's fair for another team to scoop them by overbidding on the waiver wire as it was discussed before the draft that those who were unable to be present would be able to add players they actually wanted if they ended up with crap.

Year allocation is as follows:
                          Tobias Harris - 2 years
                          Donatas Montejunas - 2 years
                          Steven Adams - 2 years

This brings my cap total to 36.
                          Last edited by coastal; Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:12 PM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

My signings:

Andrew Nicholson - 5 years
                            Jared Dudley - 1 year
                            Corey Brewer - 1 year
                            Nate Robinson - 1 year
                            Andrea Bargnani - 1 Year

TOTAL CAPUSE - 35 Years

Combined with my $93 Waiver Dollars, I'm quite happy with the flexibility as well as Talent Level on my team.

Good Draft Everyone! Thanks for coming out!!
                            I have you at 36. Are you including the 1 year you still owe Henson?

I will be signing
                            Ray Allen -1 year
                            Jamaal Crawford- 2 years
                            Kevin Garnett- 1 year
                            Samuel Dalembert- 1 year
                            Vince Carter- 1 year
                            Al Harrington- 1 year
                            Chase Buddinger- 1 year
                            Making my grand total a whopping 25. If anyone needs some bad contracts dumped, apparently I have room.
                            There's a good chance my whole team will retire at the end of the season.
                            Last edited by tucas; Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I also am not in favour allowing people to extend players currently under-contract, aside from rookies they drafted, as outlined in the original rules.

I, and I'm sure many other people, allocated salary years based on the original rules. There's no really good reason to change the original rules.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                                I have you at 36. Are you including the 1 year you still owe Henson?
                                Ya I saw the chart wasn't added up properly. When I add up the chart, I got 26, not 27. Plus the 9 years of my FAs and I get 35. I could be missing something though. The cap use chart for me was off though.

Nevermind... maybe you're right.
                                Last edited by Joey; Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X