• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee wrote: View Post
    Ummm...no.
    I mean...no.
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_b...eer_stats.html

Kobe's first two years in league 7.6 ppg fg%41.7 15.4 ppg fg% 42.8 hmmm with those numbers i doubt anyone would have compared him to MJ....

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
      http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_b...eer_stats.html

Kobe's first two years in league 7.6 ppg fg%41.7 15.4 ppg fg% 42.8 hmmm with those numbers i doubt anyone would have compared him to MJ....
      pretty sure they were comparing him to MJ back then.

doubt derozan is the next kobe but if he follows the work ethic then could come close.

Comment

• DeRozan is a great young talent. But he doesn't have the attitude (or "chip on shoulder") that Bryant had coming in. Nor does he have the same drive. The determination and work ethic of the Kobes, MJs, etc of this world to win at all costs only appears every generation or so.

Comment

• I love the enthusiasm for a player, but be realistic. I remember I thought Calderon was nash when i was a bit younger. Dont put your whole love for the game in one guy. Believe me.

DD, relax a little bit. You picked a good player to like, sit back, watch his career. In 10 years you will love to have the ability to say "I liked him from the start" but as of now, dont say things like that on forums. Youll get a shit load of hate and its just because you really like a player. Dont give people the chance to put ya down.

If you are right, and we are all being ignorant asses, then you are gonna have a chip on your shoulder when everyone on here is saying "Demar is our saviour, the next Kobe".

But until then, try to be more restrained with claims about players.

RAW
          Last edited by Red and White; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
            DeRozan is a great young talent. But he doesn't have the attitude (or "chip on shoulder") that Bryant had coming in. Nor does he have the same drive. The determination and work ethic of the Kobes, MJs, etc of this world to win at all costs only appears every generation or so.
            How do u know are u with him in the offseason ? and during the season ? some people on here have diarrea of the mouth just writing down their personal opinion and trying to state it as facts or something. If you want to compare them Here's some stats of their first 2 years;

Kobe's first 2 years
            96-97 LAL 71 6 15.5 2.5-5.9 .417 0.7-1.9 .375 1.9-2.3 .819 7.6
            97-98 LAL 79 1 26.0 4.9-11.6 .428 0.9-2.8 .341 4.6-5.8 .794 15.4

DD's
            09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 3.3-6.6 .498 0.1-0.2 .250 1.9-2.5 8.6
            10-11 TOR 13 13 32.2 4.6-10.1 .458 0.1-0.7 .111 3.8-5.2 .721 13.1

DD doesnt have the natural shooting ability that Kobe has but he started and has averaged more minutes in his second year than Kobe as a third scoring option. Now DD is NOT going to be the next Kobe he is going to be the next DD and that just might be a very good player for the Raps . But for some people to question his drive and work ethic since we all have seen some good improvements in his game this year is just stupid.
            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

• Kobe was also two years younger then DD when entered the league so take that into account.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Yikes .... love your enthusiasm DunkinDerozan but I see this thread getting ugly very quickly.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                  How do u know are u with him in the offseason ? and during the season ? some people on here have diarrea of the mouth just writing down their personal opinion and trying to state it as facts or something. If you want to compare them Here's some stats of their first 2 years;

Kobe's first 2 years
                  96-97 LAL 71 6 15.5 2.5-5.9 .417 0.7-1.9 .375 1.9-2.3 .819 7.6
                  97-98 LAL 79 1 26.0 4.9-11.6 .428 0.9-2.8 .341 4.6-5.8 .794 15.4

DD's
                  09-10 TOR 77 65 21.6 3.3-6.6 .498 0.1-0.2 .250 1.9-2.5 8.6
                  10-11 TOR 13 13 32.2 4.6-10.1 .458 0.1-0.7 .111 3.8-5.2 .721 13.1

DD doesnt have the natural shooting ability that Kobe has but he started and has averaged more minutes in his second year than Kobe as a third scoring option. Now DD is NOT going to be the next Kobe he is going to be the next DD and that just might be a very good player for the Raps . But for some people to question his drive and work ethic since we all have seen some good improvements in his game this year is just stupid.
                  So spewing statistical diarrhea isn't a form of opinion? There are several cases where DeRozan can look similar to several other players. You've chosen Kobe, I could just as easily choose Tracy Mcgrady, JR Smith, etc.

And to be fair, I didn't *question* his drive and work ethic, I simply BELIEVE that it is not equal to what Kobe has or MJ had. I also mentioned attitude as the major reason, but I suppose you just glossed over that.

Comment

• Demar has literally no range.

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
                      So spewing statistical diarrhea isn't a form of opinion? There are several cases where DeRozan can look similar to several other players. You've chosen Kobe, I could just as easily choose Tracy Mcgrady, JR Smith, etc.

And to be fair, I didn't *question* his drive and work ethic, I simply BELIEVE that it is not equal to what Kobe has or MJ had. I also mentioned attitude as the major reason, but I suppose you just glossed over that.
                      How would you know about his attitude ? thats all im asking, its not fair for him to be compared to MJ and Kobe those are two of the best players of all time . Im not glossed over anything, but i can appreciate when a player plays hard, is improving a lot and wants to be here.

As for the comparing their stats isn't this thread called "Derozan the next Kobe" ? and Kobe and MJ have that attitude because they won championships,you want DD to walk around like he is greatest player on the planet ?all he can do is be confident in his game ,people need to let the kid progress and develop and wait a year or two before they start judging him.
                      Last edited by rdiaz101; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 10:59 PM.
                      "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

• I'm more surprised by the people who knows he's not Kobe but thinks he's close...

Comment

• What the fuck is wrong with you people?! like what the fuck, I dont even feel like abbreviating that, thats how retarded this thread is....

Comment

• ^ LOLd

lets be realistic, he won't be Kobe.
                            But he will be Derozan period. He will be able to drop 20s more like a 20, 5 reb, 3 A sorta guy

Comment

• Come on man, should we count the reasons? DeRozan wouldn't see the court on most teams, btw.

Comment

• rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                                How would you know about his attitude ? thats all im asking, its not fair for him to be compared to MJ and Kobe those are two of the best players of all time . Im not glossed over anything, but i can appreciate when a player plays hard, is improving a lot and wants to be here.

As for the comparing their stats isn't this thread called "Derozan the next Kobe" ? and Kobe and MJ have that attitude because they won championships,you want DD to walk around like he is greatest player on the planet ?all he can do is be confident in his game ,people need to let the kid progress and develop and wait a year or two before they start judging him.
                                In the documentaries that I have seen, Kobe had an attitude BEFORE he won the championships. In a more recent article/interview, I remember him saying that people thought he was obnoxious when he first entered the league because of the way he carried himself. Now when he says the same things he said early in his career, people respect him.

I'm sure DeRozan will turn into a great player. However simply putting in hard work and playing hard will not turn him into the next Kobe. And in my opinion, it's because I don't see the same kind of attitude in him that Kobe has.

Comment

Working...
                                X