Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning solves everything.

Gay is a vastly superior all-around player to Bargnani. It's not even close in any realm.

I'm not a believer in "clutch", but I am a believer in the fact that some guys don't want to take that shot and some guys do. Gay does. That matters.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tortacular wrote: View Post
      Winning solves everything.

Gay is a vastly superior all-around player to Bargnani. It's not even close in any realm.

I'm not a believer in "clutch", but I am a believer in the fact that some guys don't want to take that shot and some guys do. Gay does. That matters.
      +1 A team needs a guy with BAWLS

Comment

• 1-11, back to the garbage shooting.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          1-11, back to the garbage shooting.
          Actually, everyone not named Demar Derozan was at garbage shooting. Can't blame this loss on him, obviously should have done better, but everyone was just as bad, if anything worse.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Bargs was 4-11 but people are still hating on him still continue to call him useless. Amir was 3-8, Lucas was 4-5 and Lowry was 6-17.

Hell even official RR writers are doing it. Really Bargs plays half the time that gay does and put up better points and gets a D+ and Gay plays double time minutes and goes 1-11 and gets C- when he was utter trash on offense and made a lot of careless mistakes? I know he got steals and rebounds but still, he had 4 TO to go with those 4 steals and his reb were around the same considering he played the same min.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Feb 26, 2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Bargs was 4-11 but people are still hating on him still continue to call him useless. Amir was 3-8, Lucas was 4-5 and Lowry was 6-17.

Hell even official RR writers are doing it. Really Bargs plays half the time that gay does and put up better points and gets a D+ and Gay plays double time minutes and goes 1-11 and gets C- when he was utter trash on offense and made a lot of careless mistakes? I know he got steals and rebounds but still, he had 4 TO to go with those 4 steals and his reb were around the same considering he played the same min.
              What is sad is that was Bargnani's best game in a while. He did some good things and showed aggression. A good start to get himself out of the hole he has dug.

What is more sad though is this continuing focus on comparing Gay to Bargnani based on shooting. Newsflash: the issue with Bargnani has very little to nothing to do with his shooting. Look at Gay's stat line: 6 rebs, 4 ast, 4 stl, 1 blk, 6 trips to the free throw line. He is not a one dimensional player. Bargnani had 2 rebounds literally fall in to his hands. He is not active on the glass by any stetch of the imagination. 1 reb per 7 minutes is hardly awe inspiring from a 7fter.

Now with all that said, it was by far Gay's worst game in a Raptor uniform and I am disgusted by the lack of intensity shown by the Raptors vs. Washington - Gay included.

Comment

Bargs was 4-11 but people are still hating on him still continue to call him useless. Amir was 3-8, Lucas was 4-5 and Lowry was 6-17.

Still a major non factor the game last night, Was the Raptors saying we will win this regardless and spend the night giving Bargnani looks which was a huge mistake everyone on the team was passing to him to hit wide open shots Gay gave up so many good looks for him as did DeRozan and Lowry he never hit anything beyond 16ft.... But whatever nobody could produce last night went into the Wizards game cocky and relaxed cant do that bottom line. Gay does more than what you see on the stats Bargnani just doesn't do anything, if you were watching you could see he lost us the game, and Gay had a bad night it will happen hes already proven his worth in the little time hes been here.

Comment

• Stickify this already!

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                    Stickify this already!
                    Agreed. anyone catch Gays reaction to Bargs after I think it was (Spieghts?) went right by him for a dunk? Rudy has been here for a couple weeks now he already knows who is worth a dam and who isn't.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      In foresight, this stretch was going to spell the end of the season for us... These are quality teams. I cant wait to see what Toronto can do during the easier stretch coming up!
                      *facepalm*

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                        *facepalm*
                        The LAKERS on March 8th,
                        The Warriors on March 4th,

I feel those games will be the "nail in the coffin".
                        Last edited by DeRozanJohnsonFan; Fri Mar 1, 2013, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Just merged the "Why is no one complaining about Gay's shooting %" thread with this, and stuck it so we can centre conversations about our beloved Rudy Gay in one thread. Cleans up the forums a little bit!

Cheers!

Comment

• Just a note, I know the title may be... Different, but remember let's be respectful and mature as we post on the forums, and also be respectful of Rudy Gay and his family name. Otherwise, keep posting!

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Just merged the "Why is no one complaining about Gay's shooting %" thread with this, and stuck it so we can centre conversations about our beloved Rudy Gay in one thread. Cleans up the forums a little bit!

Cheers!
                              His actually been shooting better his last couple game but we been losing lol. Funny how that works out. Rudy just needs to focus on making the easy shoots. He seems to make the hard ones at a good clip.

24 points .476 vs Cleveland
                              21 points .438 vs Indiana
                              26 points .455 vs Golden State
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                His actually been shooting better his last couple game but we been losing lol. Funny how that works out. Rudy just needs to focus on making the easy shoots. He seems to make the hard ones at a good clip.

24 points .476 vs Cleveland
                                21 points .438 vs Indiana
                                26 points .455 vs Golden State
                                I wouldn't say those are totally efficient, but not inefficient. Just average shooting percentages.

Like you said focus on makin these easier shots, honestly, if he made all the easy ones, he'd be averaging 25 points as a Raptor...

Comment

Working...
                                X