• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what the espn (miami) site had to say. about right i guess

Toronto Raptors
    GRADE
    B+
    Helloooo, Terrence Ross. The Raps opened the game absolutely shredding the Heat's defense with surgeon-like precision and crisp passing. Can't stress enough how the springy legs of Ross, Amir Johnson and Ed Davis made the Heat's frontcourt look like petrified wood out there. The Raptors may be young, but they played supremely high-IQ basketball against the defending champs. Credit coach Dwane Casey for their prep. Tough loss.

Comment

• Hope we can collect that series sweep of Orlando tomorrow every win is huge and I cant remember the last time we had a series sweep, the energy tonight was top notch. On to the next one would have been a huge huge W though o man.

Comment

• Oh well

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          AA is epitome of hero to goat
          As in, Greatest Of All Time?

I concur.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
            As in, Greatest Of All Time?

I concur.
            lol - no

But whatever floats your boat.

The fact he is the guy stepping up in OT speaks more of Colangelo and the roster than AA.

Comment

• i didn't see the end of the game, but did Ross foul out or something? why wasn't he in at the end? he was playing some grown man D on Lebron and Wade, it was refreshing to see.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                i didn't see the end of the game, but did Ross foul out or something? why wasn't he in at the end? he was playing some grown man D on Lebron and Wade, it was refreshing to see.
                He got subbed out for DeRozan....for no apparent reason....

Comment

• Why didn't anyone mention the Ross dunk? Dude took off from just inside the FT line...and off 2 feet! Ridiculous!

Comment

• After watching the last few minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime, I'm not sure how anybody can realistically argue that this year's Raptors squad isn't a jump-shooting team?! Ross and Davis sitting on the bench, while shot after shot bricks off the iron... that overtime just made the effort throughout regulation seem like such a waste.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      After watching the last few minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime, I'm not sure how anybody can realistically argue that this year's Raptors squad isn't a jump-shooting team?! Ross and Davis sitting on the bench, while shot after shot bricks off the iron... that overtime just made the effort throughout regulation seem like such a waste.
                      It's like someone trying to explain the sky isn't blue.

Comment

After watching the last few minutes of the 4th quarter and overtime, I'm not sure how anybody can realistically argue that this year's Raptors squad isn't a jump-shooting team?! Ross and Davis sitting on the bench, while shot after shot bricks off the iron... that overtime just made the effort throughout regulation seem like such a waste.
                        People are on Anderson today for the OT performance but, seriously, what else was happening? The other options were: Aaron Gray who looks terrified to touch the ball; Derozan who is working on becoming Shareef Abdur Rahim (without the good first 3 quarters); and Landry Fields. Miami took the ball out of Lowry's/Calderon's hands and all that was left was Anderson chucking.

Casey screwed up royally with that OT lineup. They likely weren't going to beat Miami anyway but he certainly didn't put his team in the best position to succeed. That means he didn't do his job.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          People are on Anderson today for the OT performance but, seriously, what else was happening? The other options were: Aaron Gray who looks terrified to touch the ball; Derozan who is working on becoming Shareef Abdur Rahim (without the good first 3 quarters); and Landry Fields. Miami took the ball out of Lowry's/Calderon's hands and all that was left was Anderson chucking.

Casey screwed up royally with that OT lineup. They likely weren't going to beat Miami anyway but he certainly didn't put his team in the best position to succeed. That means he didn't do his job.
                          Agreed. That's why I was shocked to see Ross & Davis on the bench so much in OT. I'm not sure why Calderon didn't look to get his shot (either shot or drive) more often in OT, given the limited options you pointed out. Agree that it's another game where Casey looked as outmatched as Triano so often did.

Comment

You are wasting your energy on a side point and not looking at my overall argument. Sure the 2012/13 team uses the jump shot, but they are not a strictly jump shooting team like the 2006 team. They can play defense, when their shot is not falling they are still in games because they can win games by grinding it out.

There is no way in hell that 2006 team could of taken Miami into OT. This is a much more complete basketball team because it plays on both ends of the court.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I would put AA third in line for blame.

1) BC for the state of roster and talent
                              2) Casey for the reasons you stated
                              3) AA - he did force the issue which is great when you make but.....

Comment

• I have to admit (as a Casey apologist), I cant apologize for the lineup in OT. It made no sense.

Why did Davis only get 24 minutes?
                                Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X