Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Word is they're offering Nicholson
    I already proposed this in the other thread!!

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
      I already proposed this in the other thread!!
      [quote name="Raptorsnz" post=350139]Magic apparently going after Patrick Patterson as well

"David Baumann: Source: The @Orlando Magic courting RFA Patrick Patterson as a potential starting PF. He's in ORL now."[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we could sign and trade Andrew Nicholson?

-If Patterson doesn't want to be in Canada let him go. He is only going to stay for $$$

-Nicholson doesn't get playing time in Orlando and is a CANADIAN

- Nicholson only gets paid 1.5 mil, Patterson would demand 5M+

-Nicholson could possibly develop into a stretch 4 as he shot 31% from 3 last year and his per 36 numbers are not bad (15&7)

Thoughts??

Comment

Doug Smith says that Orlando has not made a formal offer yet. There is more on Patterson, Johnson, and Hansbrough:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...big_worry.html

Comment

I remember the Magic tanking in the season opener by benching Nicholson midway through a career game against the Pacers. Good player when playing, but Mo Vaughan is the only one who doesn't think so.
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
            I remember the Magic tanking in the season opener by benching Nicholson midway through a career game against the Pacers. Good player when playing, but Mo Vaughan is the only one who doesn't think so.
            Mo Vaughn?

Comment

If we do loose Patrick, I suggest raptors go after Boris Diaw,his free agent..he would be nice raptors uniform.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Sorry Jacque Vaughn LOL. That's how you know I watch too much sports...
                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

top 30 Free Agents

GV and 2Pat not ranked

28. Vince Carter | SG/SF | UFA

Carter
                  2013-14 Team: Dallas Mavericks
                  2013-14 Salary: $1.3 million
                  Suggested AAV: $3.3 million/year, three years, partial guarantee on third year

Carter has successfully made the transition from star to role player, and was an invaluable contributor to the Mavs last season, with clutch shooting and bouts of surprising defensive aptitude. Three years, $10 million with a partial guarantee allows a contending team to use part of the midlevel (or the taxpayer midlevel) to sign him.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                    [quote name="Raptorsnz" post=350139]Magic apparently going after Patrick Patterson as well

"David Baumann: Source: The @Orlando Magic courting RFA Patrick Patterson as a potential starting PF. He's in ORL now."
                    Perhaps we could sign and trade Andrew Nicholson?

-If Patterson doesn't want to be in Canada let him go. He is only going to stay for $$$

-Nicholson doesn't get playing time in Orlando and is a CANADIAN

- Nicholson only gets paid 1.5 mil, Patterson would demand 5M+

-Nicholson could possibly develop into a stretch 4 as he shot 31% from 3 last year and his per 36 numbers are not bad (15&7)

Thoughts??
                    [/QUOTE]
                    Patterson was an integral part of our success last year. I expect him back.

Comment

My concern with Nicholson is on the defensive end. He definitely could be a stretch 4, but Orlando had the worst coach in the league last year. He was pinned to the bench. Who knows how well any of them can play.

Also, don't the Magic have a plethora of power forwards? Didn't they just draft one? How can they guarantee to any power forward that they will start for them? Shouldn't the new coach make that decision? I'm sure that's going to work out.

Comment

Magic we're pulling a pretty hard tank job last year. I remember watching a game where Nicholson was having a career game and then mysteriously sat the whole 4th quarter.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wait wasn't our need for a stretch 4 based on DDs weak 3point shot?
                          if our 4th qtr line up is KL DD TR __ AJ
                          aren't we expecting more from JV this year?

Our second line up has plug and play louville, isnt #bringback2pat expendable?

Comment

I want to see us use JV more in crunch time. Let him have a chance at coming up clutch.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Wait wasn't our need for a stretch 4 based on DDs weak 3point shot?
                              if our 4th qtr line up is KL DD TR __ AJ
                              aren't we expecting more from JV this year?

Our second line up has plug and play louville, isnt #bringback2pat expendable?
                              I agree but they should still try to have a stretch 4 who can open up the interior. Novak isn't that guy. He's not suddenly going to bother to play defense.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                I agree but they should still try to have a stretch 4 who can open up the interior. Novak isn't that guy. He's not suddenly going to bother to play defense.
                                True

Comment

Working...
                                X