No announcement yet.

What about DeMarcus Cousins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt the Kings are going to trade Cousins at a moment that his trade value is very low.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      I doubt the Kings are going to trade Cousins at a moment that his trade value is very low.
      Next year is the last guaranteed season for Cousins, so next year his value may drop even more if he would not want to extend his contract (that's likely to happen)
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
        Next year is the last guaranteed season for Cousins, so next year his value may drop even more if he would not want to extend his contract (that's likely to happen)
        He'll be restricted right? So his contract ending won't matter much for his tradevalue.

Comment

I have thought a lot about this. I absolutely love Cousin's game, but his attitude is not something this team needs. Lets say we are confident enough in Casey's control and discipline, and we tried to get Cousins, this is what I would think about:

Well with the salaries it seems like the only way a solid trade would work out would be with Lowry and Bargnani headed to Sacramento (because Jose and Bargs is too much to handle for them salary-wise, and any other combo would not be enough for them to bite). I really am not for trading Lowry, but what if we could swing something like this?

They would most likely not go for this trade (after Bargnani's year) but maybe add a second round pick (or some other form of asset) and I think they would think about it.

Some variation of that is all I can think of that would work.

Is giving up Lowry/Bargs worth it for Cousins and Thomas (plus some big salary role players)?
          Last edited by Red and White; Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X