Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you realistically see as the Point Guard of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    If we do draft Beal, Bradley makes a lot of sense, even as a starter.
    The biggest issue would be the lack of height in our backcourt with Bradley and Beal (6'2" and 6'4" respectively).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The biggest issue would be the lack of height in our backcourt with Bradley and Beal (6'2" and 6'4" respectively).
      Yeah compared to Jose 6'3 and Demar 6'7. Pretty big height differences there, but the NBA height isn't usually a problem unless you're 6' and under. But players with "under" height average can play the game well. I.E Ty Lawson, Nate Robinson, Allen Iverson (6'1 shooting guard) etc.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Brandon Jennings.

Trade Ed Davis for Brandon Jennings.

Jennings has expressed interest in T.O, and I'm not that high on Ed anymore, especially with our glut of PFs. I think that a Calderon/Jennings PG combo would be fantastic for next season, and then we could gauge the position after that.

Comment

SCass wrote: View Post
          Brandon Jennings.

Trade Ed Davis for Brandon Jennings.

Jennings has expressed interest in T.O, and I'm not that high on Ed anymore, especially with our glut of PFs. I think that a Calderon/Jennings PG combo would be fantastic for next season, and then we could gauge the position after that.
          Plus he's Demar Derozan's best friend. That should really say a lot.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Plus he's Demar Derozan's best friend. That should really say a lot.
            Are you saying that they have bad attitudes? I see Jennings as having swagger, and being a natural leader while Demar is lacking swagger, and is more of a follower. Maybe Jennings would help motivate Demar?

I would rather have Jennings and see how he and Demar progress than be left with a benched Ed (too many PFs).

Comment

Are you saying that they have bad attitudes? I see Jennings as having swagger, and being a natural leader while Demar is lacking swagger, and is more of a follower. Maybe Jennings would help motivate Demar?

I would rather have Jennings and see how he and Demar progress than be left with a benched Ed (too many PFs).

not sure jennings has leadership qualities, seems pretty immature to me. i would rather a traded amir to make room for a good defensive big who has potential to be great at a very reasonable salary.

i think that reuben meant it as a bonus to the adding jennings theory and not that they are arseholes.

Comment

Demar has the dopest swag. He's laid back, and I don't think I said shit about them having bad attitudes. They both can have their moments, but being best friends, I meant they'll have very good chemistry and know each other not just from a personal level, but on the court level.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Demar has the dopest swag. He's laid back, and I don't think I said shit about them having bad attitudes. They both can have their moments, but being best friends, I meant they'll have very good chemistry and know each other not just from a personal level, but on the court level.
                  Ohh, got ya. I thought you were being sarcastic about them being similar.

I still think Demar can be a very good player but I think he needs to be paired with a play-making, slashing type of PG. While I love Calderon I just haven't seem them being able to mesh very well. So my logic is that getting Jennings could benefit us two-fold: 1) take a flier on an all-star caliber PG; 2) try to get players that maximize the talent that we currently have (Demar).

I can agree with the argument that Jennings is still immature, but I remember some ESPN analyst (forget which one) making the argument that on a bad team, a lot of other all-stars (Kobe, Rondo, etc.) might also appear to be immature..?

Comment

Ohh, got ya. I thought you were being sarcastic about them being similar.

I still think Demar can be a very good player but I think he needs to be paired with a play-making, slashing type of PG. While I love Calderon I just haven't seem them being able to mesh very well. So my logic is that getting Jennings could benefit us two-fold: 1) take a flier on an all-star caliber PG; 2) try to get players that maximize the talent that we currently have (Demar).

I can agree with the argument that Jennings is still immature, but I remember some ESPN analyst (forget which one) making the argument that on a bad team, a lot of other all-stars (Kobe, Rondo, etc.) might also appear to be immature..?
                    Agreed, but lets be honest here, if you've watched a lot of Brandon Jennings, it's not like he's just inhabited it, he's always been a kind of immature kind of player. But with a kind of swag expression, and just wan't to be a winner. He is cocky too. LOL.

I like your points as well about Demar and Brandon Jennings. I can see highlights already: "Jennings slashes in, kicks it out to Demar Derozan, Derozan with the jumper... Good!" Or " Jennings, weaving into the paint, lobs it up to Demaaarrr..... Demar throws down the alley-oop hammer" I wish those type of things happened more, we have a slashing guard in Bayless, except he just wants to score, or pass when the situation is he can't score, and passes off to someone in an even terrible situation to try and score. Jose can penetrate inside, but there usually isn't a help defender ready to recover on Jose. I think that's what separates Jose's and Bayless' play-making involving Demar, compared to the possibility of Jennings' play-making involving Demar. Just my opinion though.
                    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

DJ Augustin is available

I confirmed David Aldridge’s nba.com report that the Portland Trail Blazers have interest in D.J. Augustin and such a deal could involve Jamal Crawford as a Bobcat. Don’t know if that will happen, but it’s clear Augustin – a restricted free agent-to-be – is available for the right price.
                      http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...t-hornets.html

Comment

I say trade bosa for DJ

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          I say trade bosa for DJ
                          +1.
                          I deffinitely see potential in DJ, and id rather give up Barbosa then have to over pay.
                          But if it is unlikely Barbosa resigns with bobcats, I dont see it really helping them

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                            +1.
                            I deffinitely see potential in DJ, and id rather give up Barbosa then have to over pay.
                            But if it is unlikely Barbosa resigns with bobcats, I dont see it really helping them
                            they'd value him as an expiring contract, probably more than they would as a player.

but...if it's LB they're shopping, maybe it wouldn't hurt to aim a bit higher. i have a man-crush on bledsoe, and with CP3 there (seemingly) long-term, he's never going to get a chance to be more than an 18 mpg back-up. so...maybe LAC is willing to give up on him, if it nets them a proven vet?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7cur55s

or...just to complicate things:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=844z2ht
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Hard to see anyone right now. I think the new PG will have to be acquired via trade because this draft is pretty shallow on quality PGs.

I do totally see Colangelo acquiring someone like Goran Dragic, though.

Comment

Dragic would be a solid score.

And like yertu, I'm intrigued by Bledsoe as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X