No announcement yet.

What If We Dealt DeMar And Not Rudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The long 2 is a shot you can get at anytime on offense, so it should be the last option. Getting to the rim should be option 1 and the 3 point shot should be option 2 (when it comes off ball movement/ penetration)
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      The best way to describe DD's game tonight was he hit shots. He took a lot of bad shots and just hit them. Though one could argue that if he would have played better D in the first...we may not have been down 21 after 1...
      Exactly.

I think we would have been much better off with rudy on a pure talent basis. The most important reason is defensively.

If you have ross and gay starting as your 2-3, you are much more lethal defensively. Rudy and ross can both block and alter shots from those spots. Plus Gay is a better rebounder.

having a bigger SF coming off the bench like salmons becomes less necessary because we can match up against any bigger team.

I like derozan...i'm not sure who doesn't...but we sink or swim on whether or not he's hitting shots. We can't count on him to effect the game consistently in any other way

Comment

Have we forgotten so quickly?
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Demar currently sitting 9th on NBA.com's KIA MVP Ladder......It also looks like he's going to be an All-star this year....Can someone close this silly thread now?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            Demar currently sitting 9th on NBA.com's KIA MVP Ladder......It also looks like he's going to be an All-star this year....Can someone close this silly thread now?
            why?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              why?
              Because he's #9 on the KIA MVP Ladder. NUMMMBEERRRR NIIIIIINEEEE!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                As long as your leading scorer is taking 18 shots per game and getting just 1.17 points per shot, your team is going to struggle.

In the last 5 games DeRozan has actually taken 20 shots per game with just 1.03 points per shot to show for it.

As for sending DeRozan to Sacramento versus Rudy, I don't think it would have been in Raptors best interests. Rudy has been served a giant piece of humble pie. In his defense he has responded very well. Toronto does not have two big time scorers that Sacramento doe (Thomas and Cousins) nor do the Raptors have same calibre of coach.

In the end, the trade was the best for everyone. I'm hopeful DeRozan is dealt before trade deadline and Lowry becomes sign and trade bait over summer.
                Why? Raps are winning and DeRozan's a HUGE part of it. And who do u want back in exchange for DD? draft picks?? a young player? hope that that pick/player becomes a 20+ppg/all-star player?? DeRozan is already that and he's only 24 years old.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Why? Raps are winning and DeRozan's a HUGE part of it. And who do u want back in exchange for DD? draft picks?? a young player? hope that that pick/player becomes a 20+ppg/all-star player?? DeRozan is already that and he's only 24 years old.
                  Hope that that pick/player becomes a player who plays winning basketball - efficiency and defense included. DeRozan does not do that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Hope that that pick/player becomes a player who plays winning basketball - efficiency and defense included. DeRozan does not do that.
                    "Hope"

You have a player that is putting up 20+ppg. Gonna be an all-star this year. And you want to move him for "hope?"
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hes only going to get better ladies and gents!

Comment

"Hope"

You have a player that is putting up 20+ppg. Gonna be an all-star this year. And you want to move him for "hope?"
                        I have a player who is among the league worst in efficiency, is a lackluster defender, and Mo Williams was an all-star.

Hope sounds pretty good to me.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I have a player who is among the league worst in efficiency, is a lackluster defender, and Mo Williams was an all-star.

Haha, as was Jamal Magloire, Wally Szczerbiak, Tyrone Hill, Dale & Antonio Davis, and A.C. Green

Comment

You can win with an inefficient first option. Look at Portland with Aldridge. However Raptors don't have Lillard, Matthews, Batum, and Lopez getting ridiculous big time points per shot to overcome DD's inefficiency.

If Raptors find that and continue winning great.

However the winning comes with a huge * in my opinion. 21-20 is great but the east is weak. Lets call a spade a spade. Big time stars are missing long stretches or out for season. Teams are tanking like never before. This season is not a vacuum. The next few seasons are not going to continue like this. A reversal to the norm will eventually occur and at some point the east will actually be the stronger conference like it was in the '90s.

Late last season proved to be fools gold. I hope this season since the Gay trade does not prove to be the same as eventually teams will start cashing in assets or watching assets blossom. There is no guaranteed path to success but there is a lot of potential already lurking on some bottom feeder east teams. Will it be realized and if so what will that look like?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Haha, as was Jamal Magloire, Wally Szczerbiak, Tyrone Hill, Dale & Antonio Davis, and A.C. Green
                              All-star is certainly impressive - no question.

However in the middle of the season so much politics plays in to selections (team record, coaches vote, etc. etc.).

I'm not trying to move the goal line on DeRozan because egg on my face I didn't think he'd ever be a lock for an all-star game. Josh Smith like on the bubble, yes..... but All-NBA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team is his next step. I hope he makes it.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                LOL Damn ...

Dan does the H stand for Hate? Last time I checked we were 15-8 since trading Rudy Gay with Demar being our leading scorer and arguably our best player.

What exactly is your problem??

You know what?....don't answer. I'll just dismiss your ridiculous comments as the usual hate i see on this site from time to time. Bitter fans that are pissed that they were proven wrong and continue to talk the same shit from last year and the years before. This player you are clearly hating on will likely be an all star this year. That may not mean a lot to you, but it means a lot to real fans of this team, who actually see the improvement in Demar's game.

No need to be disrespectful...just continue to eat crow.

Comment

Working...
                                X