Dividing the wings minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dividing the wings minutes

I think we all expect another trade shipping Bargnani and a wing out but for the time being(next 3 weeks or so) how do we divide the wings minutes?Even with small ball there's roughly 108 minutes to be divided between 5 players. I came up with
    35 for gay
    32 for derozan
    20 for fields
    18 for Ross
    15 for Anderson
    Even then that's 120 so that would mean we'd play small ball 50% of the time which would just be stupid.
    At the same time you have to give gay and derozan atleast those numbers. You can't nail Ross to the bench because that hinders his development, fields is likely untradeable plus him and gay are the only wings that can play the 4 as well. I feel Anderson is the odd man out but he's top 5 for ppg off the bench and Casey is fond of him even though he's a shitty chucker.

I fear Ross will play little to no minutes until a trade is made. What do you guys think? How would you divide the minutes?

I honestly don't see the need for both Fields and Anderson. One of those guys has to go, or be in street clothes. Not enough minutes for Ross in the scenario above.

Comment

Huh, I was just writing a post on this in another thread. Here's what I said:
      35 for Gay
      32 for DeRozan
      20 for Fields (including time at PF)
      20 for Ross
      10 for Anderson

So, just about exactly what you're thinking.

Comment

I asked Tim Chisholm he thinks Ross maintains around 15-20 and Anderson and fields take a hit. I think it'll be a lot of different rotations different night. One night Ross could see 8 minutes and fields 20, the next vice-versa

EDIT: Well this is promising
        DC:"He's earned his keep. Nothing is going to happen with Terrence, his minutes, or anything like that."
        Last edited by tucas; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Ah man I hate logjams.

Comment

Is Kleiza even on this team? Love how he isn't in the picture for anyone here. Anyone else think that Ross should play more like 25-30mpg for the rest of the way after DD is traded? Isn't this season a wash at this point anyway?

Comment

Who's Kleiza?

Comment

Shohtime wrote: View Post
                Is Kleiza even on this team? Love how he isn't in the picture for anyone here. Anyone else think that Ross should play more like 25-30mpg for the rest of the way after DD is traded? Isn't this season a wash at this point anyway?
                Derozan won't get traded this season. A team would take his 3 million contract this season and have it jump to nearly 10 next season. Way too much of a poison pill. DD does have to be traded though. Ross and gay would fit well together

Comment

dd in some kind of sign and trade for paul milsap in the offseason?

Comment

Kleiza is our new stretch 4. Bye bye bargnani

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      Derozan won't get traded this season. A team would take his 3 million contract this season and have it jump to nearly 10 next season. Way too much of a poison pill. DD does have to be traded though. Ross and gay would fit well together
                      The poison pill refers to the distribution of salary under CBA.

For Raps he counts as $3.3M in a trade.
                      For receiving team he counts as $8.3 (average of this year plus each of 4 years of extension)

The difficulty comes in making the numbers match up by CBA rules.

For a team who genuinely wants DD and feels his contract is reasonable, the only issue would be making the numbers work as per the CBA.

Comment

For some reason, I'd rather play Fields more mins than DD, but I suppose they're now both potential trade bait, for a good PF? Paul Millsap?

Comment

Demar can't be traded until the summer, after signing his extension.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                            Demar can't be traded until the summer, after signing his extension.
                            Which should be long enough to get some insight into how he and Gay can play together in the new roster the Raps hace after a Bargnani trade.

Comment

Working...
                            X