No announcement yet.

So, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get all the Kyle Lowry has to go? Do people forget how he began the season like a house on fire?! Cause i don't !

This is one of the biggest reason that I would want to see DD go. So lowry can play his natural game. Its you can have so many perimeter scorers in a lineup. One player is going to have to sacrife and that's been Lowry. I don't about you but, I'd rather have Lowry get more of a focal point in the offensive. It brings out the rest of is game. We his going and has confindence his legit a top10 PG.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think what you over look, is the whole roster, maybe trading Demar would bump lowry's numbers, but the rest of the team needs a PG to set them up except rudy. Its not that lowry is not good, its wether he is the right fit for this team or are you willing to blow it up to build around lowry ?

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
            I think what you over look, is the whole roster, maybe trading Demar would bump lowry's numbers, but the rest of the team needs a PG to set them up except rudy. Its not that lowry is not good, its wether he is the right fit for this team or are you willing to blow it up to build around lowry ?
            There are more ways to set guys up than run high school plays for long 2's.

The Raptors attack east/west under Casey. Playing to Lowry's strengths would see more north/south or punch/kick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There are more ways to set guys up than run high school plays for long 2's.

The Raptors attack east/west under Casey. Playing to Lowry's strengths would see more north/south or punch/kick.
              Agreed, all i'm saying, who are you building around ? Lowry or JV or Demar or Rudy? is Casey the right coach for the player you choose ? that was colangelo's problem, he just got guys he liked, but never wondered if they fit togheter or not. I beleive our top 7 or 8 players are good, but are they in the right situation ? You might say build for Lowry, but then why give Demar the extension he got after you got lowry ? we will not go anywhere untill we pick 1 player and cather to his every needs. I just personnally dont think Lowry is the guy to choose, Lowry is better than Jose, but jose was better for the team we have.

Comment

Agreed, all i'm saying, who are you building around ? Lowry or JV or Demar or Rudy? is Casey the right coach for the player you choose ? that was colangelo's problem, he just got guys he liked, but never wondered if they fit togheter or not. I beleive our top 7 or 8 players are good, but are they in the right situation ? You might say build for Lowry, but then why give Demar the extension he got after you got lowry ? we will not go anywhere untill we pick 1 player and cather to his every needs. I just personnally dont think Lowry is the guy to choose, Lowry is better than Jose, but jose was better for the team we have.
                Agreed.

So, who goes?

Comment

Sign Devin Harris at the MLE, Decline Lucas's team option, let telfair walk and finally #BringBackUzoh and your pg situation is fixed for a year
                  #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Hopefully new GM can objectively assess where DD and KL fit best or trade one of them.

Comment

HOKAY so...

Aaron Gray - JL3 - Telfair - Quincy Acy - Linas Kleiza - Michael Pietrus offer nothing and can go

Bargnani - DD - Rudy - inefficient high volume shooters of bad long twos ---- they can go

Lowry - Landry - Amir - should and are high value role players and should stay if we can swing it...but may be need to shed other contracts.

Ross is interesting but if he is needed in trade so be it.

Jonas Valanciunas can not leave under any circumstances.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If we keep Lowry the following is the IDEAL wing compliment including a stretch 4

Kyle Lowry 40% from 3 good to great defender
                        Wilson Chandler 40% from 3 good to great defender
                        Danny Granger 40% from 3 average defender
                        Ersan Illyasova 44% from 3 good defender

With JV in the middle for P n R...

50 wins BOOK IT
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

move dd in a trade involving pau. would be great to have a play maker on the block with rudy and lowry here.
                          or move dd for a guy like afflalo and fillers

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            If we keep Lowry the following is the IDEAL wing compliment including a stretch 4

Kyle Lowry 40% from 3 good to great defender
                            Wilson Chandler 40% from 3 good to great defender
                            Danny Granger 40% from 3 average defender
                            Ersan Illyasova 44% from 3 good defender

With JV in the middle for P n R...

50 wins BOOK IT
                            I like Chandler a lot. He's not being used as much as he should be in Denver (i.e. starting Gallinari).

If we could swing a deal with Denver, like swapping DeMar with Chandler and adding a few other filler pieces going both ways, then that'd be cool.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              I like Chandler a lot. He's not being used as much as he should be in Denver (i.e. starting Gallinari).

If we could swing a deal with Denver, like swapping DeMar with Chandler and adding a few other filler pieces going both ways, then that'd be cool.
                              On second thought...maybe not. Almost every combination imaginable is failing on the Trade Machine.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Rondo is an asset of course but he is held in very high regards for Boston. He was mentioned in a Paul trade for example. The Raptors do not have any players on their team that are even close to Paul's level of talent.

If Rondo was to be traded then Boston would most likely be looking for a top 5 pick in a draft. I don't think Toronto is going to be in the bottom 5 next year, and especially with a team that has Rondo on their roster.

I understand where you are coming from with this idea but I just don't see it happening.

But speaking of long shots, how about Tony Parker? We all know that Duncan is getting close to retirement, and if the Spurs win this year could this be his last hurrah? Ginobili is a free agent next year. Is he going to retire?

Toronto has young assets. Perhaps a Lowry+DeMar+future first for Parker? Parker is 31 years old, but for PG's that's actually pretty young. He'd be on the top of my list, even ahead of Rondo (if he was available).
                                I have thought about Parker too, but don't want to think about it too much until the Spurs playoff run is over.

On Rondo...I don't know what kind of deal the Celtics will look for if they consider dealing him, but I don't think it'll be a star swap unless they're getting a star still on his rookie contract. Maybe they could attract a Chris Paul...but they still wouldn't have great pieces around him and few avenues to add them (especially since they'd have to send more assets out to get Paul), at least in terms of top tier talent. So I don't think Toronto's biggest problem will be not being able to offer a star. I think it will be not being able to outbid other teams in terms of young pieces and likely high picks. While I would love for a deal to be Lowry + DeMar + picks....More likely it would be Lowry + Amir + Ross + pick(s)

It's hard for me to want Parker more than Rondo though, largely because of age, even considering Rondo's current injury. If the Raptors are going to try and add a superstar via trade, I would like it to be a player I'm confident will still be playing at that level in 5+ years. Now, health is always a risk, but age is age. I don't think 31 is young for any basketball player. PGs generally tend to have a better chance at lasting longer...but that still doesn't guarantee that when they hit 35-36 they'll be able to maintain a high level of performance.

I really want the Raptors to add a guy who can be a foundational (that doesn't sound like a real word) piece next to JV if they're going shopping. I definitely would take Parker over Rondo if I were focusing only on the next 3-4 years, but if I'm looking beyond that, I have to go for Rondo.

Comment

Working...
                                X