The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    a lot depends on what kinda shape Ross comes back in. Casey was saying that Ross truly felt the need the get bigger after getting bodied by guys like Joe Johnson
    That would be very useful.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      a lot depends on what kinda shape Ross comes back in. Casey was saying that Ross truly felt the need the get bigger after getting bodied by guys like Joe Johnson
      Hopefully he keeps his quickness, though - his ability to guard elite PG's is pretty useful at times.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• trading amir johnson for a chance at kyle anderson

Hi guys long time browser, first time poster.

I was just thinking about how joe johnson posted our wings at will and we had no one big enough to defend him. Well kyle anderson is not only big enough he's a point guard in a small forwards body. We struggled to move the ball during the nets series, and not only will getting kyle anderson help us with our ball movement, Amir Johnson needs to go, with him on the floor the spacing is bad, and it was extremely easy for the nets to double team our players, And honestly amir gets injured every time you blink at him.

I'd hope amir johnson could get a pick around thhe 9-10 range, thoughts?
        Last edited by truuth2; Wed May 7, 2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• truuth2 wrote: View Post
          Hi guys long time browser, first time poster.

I was just thinking about how joe johnson posted our wings at will and we had no one big enough to defend him. Well kyle anderson is not only big enough he's a point guard in a small forwards body. We struggled to move the ball during the nets series, and not only will getting kyle anderson help us with our ball movement, Amir Johnson needs to go, with him on the floor the spacing is bad, and it was extremely easy for the nets to double team our players, And honestly amir gets injured every time you blink at him.

I'd hope amir johnson could get a pick around thhe 9-10 range, thoughts?
          Welcome to RR, but no.

AJ would not net us a pick in the 9 - 10 Range.

Also, without AJ, our defence would take a HUGE shit.

Comment

• I would say stick with the browsing. Sorry.

I'm all for trading to improve the team but your rationale for trading Amir Johnson makes absolutely no sense at all.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              I would say stick with the browsing. Sorry.

I'm all for trading to improve the team but your rationale for trading Amir Johnson makes absolutely no sense at all.
              well then you're stupid.

Comment

• Kyle Anderson has one of the most unpredictable stocks in the draft. It would not be at all surprising to see him on the board at 20. This trade idea seems pointless at the moment. He's probably mid to late first round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Trading Amir for a 1st rounder in this years draft would be pretty cool, but I only see one team that makes sense. That's the Suns. They have picks 14, 18, and 27. They could use Amir at PF. I could see us maybe getting one of those picks for him (probably 18th or 27th).

It might be a step back defensively next year but with eyes on the future Amir probably isn't a long term piece anymore.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    Definitely at this point, fit is important or else we'll never be able to develop them.

Already having Ross and DD at the SG creates somewhat of a conundrum. do we go out and get a true SF and stifle Ross's growth by playing him off the bench? Or at what point do we decide whether Ross or Derozan is the future at the 2?
                    No rookie we draft is going to start this season coming up. It will be the same starting lineup as last year. Their going to look for players that fit the current roster. I personally believe the picks will defensive guys. I think we can stop all the point guard talk since it seems like both GV and Lowry will be back in the fold. Massai said also there was a need for some more shot blocking. Here are my picks

20. Clint Capela

One of the best shot blockers in the draft. African connection with Masai. Casey wanted Bismack a couple years ago as well. Exact same type of player but probably not as raw. Could develop into a Serge Ibaka type player.

37. Damien Inglis

Good "strong" defender. 6'8 1/2 240bls and his only 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• my bad, maybe he isn't that good.

Comment

• The funny thing is that he might be available at 20. He's pretty polarizing though. Draft Net has him at 9 and Draft Express has him at 17.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

well then you're stupid.
                          Not really necessary was it? We're all adults here.

Comment

well then you're stupid.
                            Tsk, tsk...now thats not a particularly nice beginning!

JJ has been around the league for awhile and has had his way with many a player. Actually Landry F. handled him fairly well and Ross too at times. Anderson from what I hear is not too swift on the defensive end so I am not too sure about the proposition and giving up on AJ to move up to get him especially if Lowry re-signs and Greivis & Nando as well.

Comment

Hi guys long time browser, first time poster....
                              As a long time browser, you must have seen the posts about Amir's value to the team, as substantiated by analytics.

Johnson's Value

You can't buy that kind of performance for the money they are paying Amir.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                                Not really necessary was it? We're all adults here.
                                That was his second post on RR. "you're stupid". Very memorable.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X