Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Funny that Boozer is playing 30 mins per game on a team that is 3rd in opp/PPG and 4th in defRtg.
    But yet he is to Chicago what Bargnani is to Toronto. Bulls fans despise him because he is lazy on defense. I guess Bulls fans have higher standards when it comes to defense and some Raptors fans just want free pizza.

Also, he plays with Noah, Gibson, Deng, Hamilton and Hinrich who are all better defenders then Jonas, Amir, Rudy, Demar and Lowry. Thibodeau is also a much better coach than Casey.

Raptors don't have time to wait for Jonas to be good enough on defense to mask Boozer's incompetence. He couldn't do it with Andrea and he will not do it with Boozer. You can hide a bad perimeter defender on defense but you can't hide a bad interior defender on defense.

If the Raptors had an elite defense already then they could live with his incompetence. But they are not an elite defensive team and Boozer will not make them an elite defense. He will make them worse on defense than they are now.

Google "Carlos Boozer defense" and you will quickly realize that 99% of people that watch the Bulls believe that Chicago has an elite defense in spite of Boozer.

Comment

• japetas wrote: View Post
      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...er-They-Choose

Sounds like Chicago want to get rid of Boozer's contract really bad
      We should oblige.

Comment

• bobbybutler wrote: View Post
        But yet he is to Chicago what Bargnani is to Toronto. Bulls fans despise him because he is lazy on defense. I guess Bulls fans have higher standards when it comes to defense and some Raptors fans just want free pizza.

Also, he plays with Noah, Gibson, Deng, Hamilton and Hinrich who are all better defenders then Jonas, Amir, Rudy, Demar and Lowry. Thibodeau is also a much better coach than Casey.

Raptors don't have time to wait for Jonas to be good enough on defense to mask Boozer's incompetence. He couldn't do it with Andrea and he will not do it with Boozer. You can hide a bad perimeter defender on defense but you can't hide a bad interior defender on defense.

If the Raptors had an elite defense already then they could live with his incompetence. But they are not an elite defensive team and Boozer will not make them an elite defense. He will make them worse on defense than they are now.

Google "Carlos Boozer defense" and you will quickly realize that 99% of people that watch the Bulls believe that Chicago has an elite defense in spite of Boozer.
        I can't wait to read the Bulls' fans messages should this deal happen.

Boozer is still a better player - both offensively and defensively - than Bargnani.

This season Boozer OffRtg 101; DefRtg 100
        This season Bargnani OffRtg 95; DefRtg 110

Boozer career OffRtg 110; DefRtg 102
        Bargnani career OffRtg 103; DefRtg 111

Not to mention Boozer actually hits the glass and gives you 8.5 more possessions per 48 minutes.

Comment

• am i missing something here? why do the bulls have such a hard on for this to happen? these must be warning bells if CHI wants to get rid of BOOZER so bad.. so bad that they are willing to take on Bargs..

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
            am i missing something here? why do the bulls have such a hard on for this to happen? these must be warning bells if CHI wants to get rid of BOOZER so bad.. so bad that they are willing to take on Bargs..
            It is not a basketball decision.

This is all about money.

Ownership refuses to pay the luxury tax this year.

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
              am i missing something here? why do the bulls have such a hard on for this to happen? these must be warning bells if CHI wants to get rid of BOOZER so bad.. so bad that they are willing to take on Bargs..
              If every team assumed that a player is only on the block because he's no good, then trades would never happen.

Comment

• Update!

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...to-chicago.htm

The Chicago Bulls are finally making something happen as the trade deadline approaches. According to the Chicago Tribune, the Bulls have put a trade offer on the table with the Toronto Raptors that would send Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson to Toronto and recieve Andrea Bargnani and John Lucas III in return. The deal is officially waiting on the Raptors to approve it.
                So basically we trade Bargnani for exactly what we need. A competent back up point guard and a veteran low post presence PF.

I can't see why we wouldnt pull the trade. Bargnani really cant lower his trade value much further, so this would be huge for us.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• bobbybutler wrote: View Post

He rebounds at good rate which is a part of defense. He might get the stop but, he'll close out the possession.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Update!

So basically we trade Bargnani for exactly what we need. A competent back up point guard and a veteran low post presence PF.

I can't see why we wouldnt pull the trade. Bargnani really cant lower his trade value much further, so this would be huge for us.
                    Interesting. Although, the article doesn't reference any sources.

Edit: Nevermind...I somehow glossed over the Chicago Tribune reference.

Comment

• NBA trade rumors: Carlos Boozer-Andrea Bargnani deal waiting for Raptors to give OK

The Chicago Bulls have a trade offer on the table to the Toronto Raptors. The offer that would send Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson for Andrea Bargnani and John Lucas III it's up to the Raptors if they want to do it, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The ESPN trade machine gives the trade advantage to the Raptors.
                      So do we pull the trigger ?

Comment

• Nate would also be an upgrade over John Lucas

Scouting report
                        + Emotional, pint-sized guard with explosive hops. Aggressive scorer.
                        + Good outside shooter but shot selection an issue. Gets out of control.
                        + Strength, athleticism partly offset size on D. Loses focus, gambles and fouls.

Analysis
                        It now appears that Robinson's horrific 2010-11 season was an outlier. He reverted to his old form last season as one of the league's premier bench energizers and proved a tremendous low-cost pickup for Golden State. Robinson averaged nearly a point every two minutes, but the real revelation was his distribution from the point. Unbelievably, he ranked ninth in the league in pure point rating and eighth in turnover rate; in particular, his rate of 7.8 assists per 40 minutes was by far the best of his career.

As always, Robinson shot well, too. He hit 36.5 percent of his 3s and a solid 40.2 percent of his long 2s, along with a decent free throw rate. Add it all up and he was a major offensive plus, creating lots of shots for both himself and his teammates, with a respectable percentage and few turnovers.

Defensively, Robinson graded as the worst player in the league with at least 300 plays defended, according to Synergy. I don't think he was really quite that bad -- his other data wasn't nearly as negative -- but he certainly wasn't good. Robinson ranked in the top quarter of point guards in steals per minute, but only at a huge cost in missed gambles and fouls. At 5-9, it's fairly easy for opponents to play over the top of him too.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Update!

I can't see why either. Even those arguing against it have not given a reason that is not based on unfounded opinions.

I hope it is just Colangelo being held back from the phone by Steffi as he continues to play it cool for a better deal.

BryCo: Give me the damn phone! Make the deal! Make the deal, Steffi!

Steffi: Bryan shut the fuck up.

BryCo: You realize the only other trade out there is Tyrus Thomas and us sending a 2nd rd pick!?!?!?

Steffi: Bryan do you remember last summer when you were going to give up Calderon, #8, DD, and ED for Gay? Patience paid off and we raped those little bitches in Memphis.

BryCo: But this is Bargnani!

Steffi: Yeah and this is another cheap desperate ownership group. Be patient, Bryan.

**Steffi lets BryCo out of the figure-4 leg lock**

BryCo: Can't I just call Gar and Pax to say hi?

Steffi: Bryan you touch that phone I'm going to fuck you up and after I am done I'm going to call your dad and let him know how ridiculously unColangelo-like you continue to be. You think your dad got LBJ in to the Olympic fold by calling him every 20 minutes. Be cool you tool.

Comment

• Link? I honestly would take Robinson over Lucas any day of the week.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Robinson seems like a bit of a selfish hothead. Not sure why I have that impression of him....but I wonder if he'll fall in line, and buy into Casey's systems.

But either way, he's an expiring contract, so I suppose it's not a big concern.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I can't see why either. Even those arguing against it have not given a reason that is not based on unfounded opinions.

I hope it is just Colangelo being held back from the phone by Steffi as he continues to play it cool for a better deal.

BryCo: Give me the damn phone! Make the deal! Make the deal, Steffi!

Steffi: Bryan shut the fuck up.

BryCo: You realize the only other trade out there is Tyrus Thomas and us sending a 2nd rd pick!?!?!?

Steffi: Bryan do you remember last summer when you were going to give up Calderon, #8, DD, and ED for Gay? Patience paid off and we raped those little bitches in Memphis.

BryCo: But this is Bargnani!

Steffi: Yeah and this is another cheap desperate ownership group. Be patient, Bryan.

**Steffi lets BryCo out of the figure-4 leg lock**

BryCo: Can't I just call Gar and Pax to say hi?

Steffi: Bryan you touch that phone I'm going to fuck you up and after I am done I'm going to call your dad and let him know how ridiculously unColangelo-like you continue to be. You think your dad got LBJ in to the Olympic fold by calling him every 20 minutes. Be cool you tool.
                                hahaha i seriously cant believe i laughed at this.

Comment

Working...
                                X