X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor guy indeed... http://www.nba.com/video/channels/pl...ound_bosh.nba/

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      You have to realize that these are voted on by the media, and some of them see some players once or twice a year. Bargnani averaged 30 ppg and 8 rpg in 3 games against New Jersey. He also averaged 29 ppg against Miami. If you see him explode against the team you're covering a couple of times you're going to have a different view than someone who's watched him play all year. It's also why he might have a little higher trade value than some think.

Another issue is that Bargnani plays center, of which there aren't a whole lot of good ones. It's also why Bosh received the same number of votes. There are a lot more good forwards out there than centers.
      Exactly. One vote was from Doug Smith of the Toronto Star and the other from Frank Zicarelli from the Toronto Sun. hehehe

Comment

• It was funny too after game 5, wade and lebron were interviewed together while bosh sat by himself.
        i guess bosh didnt fit in the picture, literally. hehe

Comment

• Bosh is basically a glorified role player. A role player paid a insane amount of money.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Please don't take that to mean i think Bargs is a better player
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Bosh is basically a glorified role player. A role player paid a insane amount of money.
              I know a lot of Raptor fans hate the guy, but let's not minimize his abilities. On a team with two MVP candidates, he's a role player, but he's still a 6 time All Star, a one time All NBA 2nd Team selection and one of the two best players that ever played for the Raptors.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                Exactly. One vote was from Doug Smith of the Toronto Star and the other from Frank Zicarelli from the Toronto Sun. hehehe
                Chuck Swirsky is the other vote!

Comment

I know a lot of Raptor fans hate the guy, but let's not minimize his abilities. On a team with two MVP candidates, he's a role player, but he's still a 6 time All Star, a one time All NBA 2nd Team selection and one of the two best players that ever played for the Raptors.
                  +1, though I need to make a correction for you:

"On a team with two MVP candidates, he's a 18+ and 8+ role player who is still among the top 20 in free throws drawn despite being third fiddle."

I know ripping Bosh makes a lot of people feel better about him leaving, but honestly, if he really was such a scrub, then why are so many people still upset? You should be elated, no?

And enough with the, and I paraphrase, "Bosh can never carry a team to success." Outside of maybe Lebron, how many top players actually do that? If you look at many of the top teams, their franchise players have at least 3 teammates who would have been immediate starters on any of our Bosh teams. Even the Kobe-led Lakers only managed 34, 42 and 45 win seasons after Shaq left and before Pau arrived. Only a Raptors fan would insist on Bosh carrying the team to earn his salary, when many of the top teams are built around several high-salaried players.
                  Last edited by Quixotic; Fri May 13, 2011, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• chris bosh looks like one of the skeksis.

he's lucky there are at least 2 fans of the dark crystal amongst the sports media.

Comment

• Bargs is better than every center except howard.
                      http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Im not afraid to admit i genuinely hate the guy. I know that its been played over and over again but the way he played Toronto after the all star break last season still irks me to this day. And i hate Lebron too for what he did to cleveland, for the same reasons. I dont know why people still believe to this day that they decided at the last minute about signing with Miami, when the clues are now coming out slowly piece by piece. Them declaring that "boston was the reason for us joining forces" clearly indicates that they discussed playing together way before the offseason. or maybe they did call each other, in a three-way conference at 11:55 on June 30 and said to each other, hey its the last minute, we should decide now, lets all play for miami because of boston. thats a load of crap to me.

anyways, you failed to mention that while he was getting all these recognitions, the raptors only managed to make the playoffs twice. and while he was getting all these recognitions, no other superstar was on the raptors team. there were no legit scorers playing alongside him. he was averaging 17 shots a game, and that doesnt even count how many touches he gets in a game. so for him to be the focal point of the offense in every game, i think that was what was expected of him, and he delivered, i give him that, but he is a glorified role player because when carter was still with the team, he was basically playing as a role player and its more evident now playing alongside james and wade.

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
                          +1, though I need to make a correction for you:

"On a team with two MVP candidates, he's a 18+ and 8+ role player who is still among the top 20 in free throws drawn despite being third fiddle."

I know ripping Bosh makes a lot of people feel better about him leaving, but honestly, if he really was such a scrub, then why are so many people still upset? You should be elated, no?

And enough with the, and I paraphrase, "Bosh can never carry a team to success." Outside of maybe Lebron, how many top players actually do that? If you look at many of the top teams, their franchise players have at least 3 teammates who would have been immediate starters on any of our Bosh teams. Even the Kobe-led Lakers only managed 34, 42 and 45 win seasons after Shaq left and before Pau arrived. Only a Raptors fan would insist on Bosh carrying the team to earn his salary, when many of the top teams are built around several high-salaried players.
                          Bosh is averaging 6.1 FTA per game. And that should be expected since he's 6'11 and should be playing on the low block. Bargnani is avg 5.3, just one attempt below Bosh and we all think Bargnani is crap. I know 18-8 is nothing to sneeze at but for a guy who was a "franchise" player a year before, if he was really that good, he should still be averaging the same numbers as the year before. But he's not. 2 other players on the same team are better than him. Thats why he's a role player now. And i believe he's always been a role player, but he was just making monster numbers because nobody else on the raps team could do it.

im not upset with him leaving, im upset with him as a person.

well, you just proved that he actually cant carry a team. with those win numbers, he indeed cant carry a team. and so does kobe. but the difference is, you put kobe with other superstars and he still dominates. you put bosh with other superstars, he's a role player. lebron dominated in cleveland, and you put him with wade he still dominated. wade dominated with shaq in miami, not with lebron, he still dominates games.

and about salaries, if you were the raptors, would you pay a guy 116 million to average 18-8 a night? i guess you would say that if he was with the raps, you pay him 16mil and he's avg 20-10. so you get another superstar in and he becomes a role player. he's not worth his salary anymore.

Comment

• i'm done with hating bosh for how he left, and the douchebag he was... the past is the past.. leave it there

he still looks like vultureman from the thundercats..

and i LOATHE the Mutants of Plundarr with a passion.

so F$%& chris bosh

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              i'm done with hating bosh for how he left, and the douchebag he was... the past is the past.. leave it there

he still looks like vultureman from the thundercats..

and i LOATHE the Mutants of Plundarr with a passion.

so F$%& chris bosh
                              +1

Comment

• Is everybody mad we didn't get another year of the Bosh / Bargnani frontline? That was really going places.

Comment

Working...
                                X