Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying 2nd round pick?

Hi,

Do we have any money to buy 2nd rounder this off-season?

I did watch NBA TV that day when Rudy was traded and they were saying that Raptors also gave up maximum money allowed. That means 3M$.

I can't find info anywhere ( that money was added ) right now, so I guess I just misheard, anyone can confirm or deny this?

Where did the Raptors' 2nd round pick go though? Yes, Raps should buy an early 2nd round pick or maybe a late first rounder to draft Myck Kabongo (not only coz he's canadian. Can they do it the same way the raps acquired Solomon Alabi?

Good riddance Colangelo is gone, as a GM!!!!

Comment

I think our second went to phoenix along with haddadi for bassy.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Hi,

Do we have any money to buy 2nd rounder this off-season?

I did watch NBA TV that day when Rudy was traded and they were saying that Raptors also gave up maximum money allowed. That means 3M$.

I can't find info anywhere ( that money was added ) right now, so I guess I just misheard, anyone can confirm or deny this?
        Why buy a second round pick? They could have a lot more fun wasting that money in Vegas.

Comment

The draft isn't that deep not great anybody in the second round the Raps may have interest in may go un-drafted and they sign him afterward.

Remember Alan Anderson wasn't drafted and look at him....... o wait.

Comment

I personally think this team should find a way into the 1st round, some good role players in this draft that can fit into some of our smaller issues such as needs for shooting, and toughness.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
              I personally think this team should find a way into the 1st round, some good role players in this draft that can fit into some of our smaller issues such as needs for shooting, and toughness.
              Agreed. There are some players in this draft that are projected to go late 1st round/2nd round that i think could fill some of these team needs like shooting, backup PG, or backup C.

For 3 pt shooting there's Glen Rice Jr, Seth Curry(who might not even get drafted).
              Backup PG: Shane Larkin or Myck Kabongo.
              Backup C: Jeff Withey(my personal favorite).
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think Seth curry will get drafted because of his pedigree and his brothers amazing showing this season in the playoffs, people bank on a name just look at Austin Rivers. If by some miracle he is not drafted Raps should invite him to summer league and if he plays well sign him dont know how he would ever fit into rotation I guess it gives something for Ross to compete with.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Why buy a second round pick? They could have a lot more fun wasting that money in Vegas.
                  I disagree with this. In a salary cap world, there are fewer ways that deep-pocketed teams can use their extra cash to their advantage. Buying extra picks and stashing players overseas or in the d-league leaves open the possibility that you might hit on one or two guys. Even if they are only rotation guys, you then will save cap room from having to fill those spots with veteran free agents, who cost a lot more and count against the cap.

No, it's not worth it just to take flyers on guys but, if you like available players, there is nothing wrong with trying to take advantage of your cash advantage.

Comment

Blindfolded and with poor odds

Do you know the success rate on second round picks? Its horrible. Park that money on red and spin the wheel. You're more likely to come out ahead than in the second round. It is what it is. Most guys coming out of Europe now who show a lot of promise are taken in round one.

I view buying second round picks as a waste UNLESS the second round is actually drafting, there is guy on your board who is still available and you have a team willing to deal right then and there in a cash exchange. You don't blindly do it right now.

Comment

^Wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

Are we even going to do Summer League this year? Who do we have that could go, just Val, TRoss and Acy right?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Are we even going to do Summer League this year? Who do we have that could go, just Val, TRoss and Acy right?
                          Ya 3 players that need development time. The Summer League team is just a bunch of shoe ins around an actual player on the team this season it was only Ed, Ross and Acy that were Raptors playing on the summer League team. Some teams only do it with 1 actual team player (spurs, Lakers)

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            And any undrafted players they may want to bring to training camp.

Meh, summer League is garbage. I thought it wasn't necessary to send Val. It's not great for developing bigs as it's D-League style, perimeter player oriented basketball. Perfect for letting Ross get shots up at least.

Comment

The Raptors have 4 second round picks on their roster right now: Amir, Gray, Acy and Fields. The trick to making a second rounder a success is to put him into the rotation after a D League stint or two. Kabongo's stock keeps falling (mid second round on some boards). The Raptors need depth at point guard. Myck would fill a need at a low cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X