Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Apart from last night's game, where he had 0 rebounds and 0 stls, i think so far, Demar deserves to be in the all-star game.

What do you guys think?

I think he's certainly in the discussion. Being on the Raptors though, we know for a fact that he won't be voted in by the fans, so it's up to the coaches to choose him.

Sadly, Wade and Deron Williams should get a large chunk of fan votes (whether they statistically deserve it or not).

Paul George is a lock (depending on whether he's listed as a guard).

John Wall

Jeff Teague's putting together a very solid season.

Yup, DeMar's a definite possibility. We've never been able to say that before. Hooray for trade value!

Comment

If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.

Comment

Demar making the all star is just as possible and with just as much merit as the Raptors making the playoffs in the East. Shallow pools to draw from this year..
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh Bullshit, you wouldn't get passed 8pts and you know it.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post

Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
            Unless you are the real Dr. James Naismith, I'm going to ahead and call bs on this one right here.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He's definately in the running. If he keeps up the high percentage shooting % I think he'll probably take the coach vote.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Unless you are the real Dr. James Naismith, I'm going to ahead and call bs on this one right here.
                Apart of his offspring. I'm nearly 40 years old and I still can jump to touch the bottom of the mesh.

*drops the mic*

Comment

He's definitley got a shot.

This is a complete guess as to the starters but here's who I see:

Irving
                  Wade
                  Lebron
                  Melo
                  Hibbert

Reserve "locks":
                  George
                  Wall
                  Horford
                  Lopez
                  Deng

Then you've got the next level of guys like DD, Beal, Afflalo, Turner and Teague who should all be in consideration for those last two spots. DD has as good of a shot as any of them right now but a lot can change in 2+ months.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Oh Bullshit, you wouldn't get passed 8pts and you know it.
                    We're talking about me bra! Not you and your wonky hips.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                      He's definitley got a shot.

This is a complete guess as to the starters but here's who I see:

Irving
                      Wade
                      Lebron
                      Melo
                      Hibbert

Reserve "locks":
                      George
                      Wall
                      Horford
                      Lopez
                      Deng

Then you've got the next level of guys like DD, Beal, Afflalo, Turner and Teague who should all be in consideration for those last two spots. DD has as good of a shot as any of them right now but a lot can change in 2+ months.
                      I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        I get your logic about having Wade as a starter (voting system), but I think George has reached a level that he can surpass even Wade in votes this year.
                        Fair enough. Flip the two (make George the starter and Wade a lock as a reserve) and my point remains identical.

Comment

MCW is this year's Linsansity.. got to include him in any guard list. Afflalo is having a heck of a year too. If Rondo comes back and plays like he can for a month+ than he may be considered too.

It won't be a lock but he'll be a candidate.

Comment

DeRozan is not an all-star.

A key part of an all-star, outside of fan voting for starting 5, is the coaches vote.

Raptors suck.
                            DeRozan is the lead on a shit team but not spectacular.
                            No ASG for you! One year!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Even Kyrie.

Comment

Working...
                              X