Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    sorry but you have to things in perspective here. if the magics record is so horrible, what do you have to say about a team whos 15-15? wouldn't mediocre be the proper term for it?

sacramento kings record is horrible. are you saying demarcus cousins sucks?
    You better tell me whats the different when
    Chris Bosh in Raptors and Chris in Heats.
    AB7 in Raptors and Knicks.
    even Damon stoudemire in Raptors and Portland

If you are the only weapon in a horrible team, your number should higher.
    Last edited by Frynoodle; Fri Jan 3, 2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Plus afflalo was a solid contributor on a much better Denver team. It's hard to compare players when they are in totally different situations, but when I watch Afflalo play, he looks much better than Demar (mainly defense and outside shooting)

Comment

Frynoodle wrote: View Post
        You better tell me whats the different when
        Chris Bosh in Raptors and Chris in Heats.
        AB7 in Raptors and Knicks.

If you are the only weapon in a horrible team, your number should higher.
        i don't understand what you're saying. are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

Comment

I don't know how fans can be happy about this interview and this information. He basically said nothing and lets just hope that it is because he wants to keep his cards close to the chest for his future moves and ... The whole thing about " We are still evaluating" is a PURE BS. He was a part of this organization for many years and has been around this team for quite a time now and we are at game 30 of this season which means almost half way there.

There is no more secrete or ambiguity around this team. There is 3 things that can happen ...

1) Tank : Trade Lowry or DD or Amir and get your TANK starting NOW and hope for a good draft pick.

2) Stay with the same guys: And hope no other teams make more moves and improve and in a east that half of the teams are tanking and the other half are handicapped due to the injuries, get to be the 3rd of the 4th best team, pass the first round and then get your ass handed to you by Heat in the 2nd round

3) Make moves and get rid of Field, Novak, Hayes' contract and actually try to compete against Indiana and Heat.

Right now, I think MU is going with #2 option which is the easiest one for him to take. Option 1 and 2 involve taking risks and begin couragous and I think for him at the moment, option 2 is what makes sense ...

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            Plus afflalo was a solid contributor on a much better Denver team. It's hard to compare players when they are in totally different situations, but when I watch Afflalo play, he looks much better than Demar (mainly defense and outside shooting)
            At the same time, I'd be much less comfortable with Afflalo trying to take those tough 4th quarters jumpers DeMar hit with Paul George totally up in his face.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              sorry but you have to things in perspective here. if the magics record is so horrible, what do you have to say about a team whos 15-15? wouldn't mediocre be the proper term for it?

sacramento kings record is horrible. are you saying demarcus cousins sucks?
              Call it what you want. But Arron Afflalo is not someone i would trade for. And DeMarcus cousins has been putting up big numbers since he arrived in Sac Town, that team is just poorly managed. This is Afflalo's first season where he's put up such big numbers, so i don't see him sustaining it. To say Terrence Ross or DeMar DeRozan will never be as good as Arron Afflalo is laughable to say the least. He's nothing special

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                Well, first of all Afflalo is a much better player than Derozan is or will ever be. Check his Win Shares on that. A backcourt of Afflalo and Lowry would be the best in the East, possibly the entire league. Second, it sounds like you believe the draft is the only way for the Raps to add good players. This is not correct. That's not how the two best players on the team, Lowry and Johnson, were added.
                Theyre putting up comparable stats derozan avaerages about 1 more shot a game. Big freakin deal. Afflalo has shown he can do this for three months. Ive been preaching to my brother (wants afflalo) what I say to you. FLASH IN THE PAN.

on another note:

Can someone explain this to me?

• In addition to the Lakers, Knicks and Nets, the Timberwolves, Warriors and Celtics are among the teams that have inquired about a deal with the Raptors for Lowry, league sources say. Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has been encouraged by the team's recent play, as Toronto has gone 9-3 since the trade with two of the losses coming against the Spurs But despite the Raptors' fourth-place status in the pitiful East, Ujiri is determined to take the long-term view. With the deadline less than seven weeks away, Ujiri is said to have multiple deals he could do for Lowry that would involve receiving an expiring contract in return or slotting him into another team's trade exception. Taking back future salary would come at a high price, i.e. a first-round pick.

Why would you trade an expiring that is holding your rag tag group of ballers together, for another expiring? Or are Ken Berger and CBS doing their best Bleacher Report impression?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, he never gives a time frame on anything which is key along with the vagueness. What happens if team goes on 5 game losing streak? Are they still winning?

Anyways, most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons!
                  That is exactly what I am saying ... He did not give any information and that is a smart way for him to save his ass ... Now, I hope he knows what he wants to do and is done with his " evaluations" ... Because REALLY, there is ONLY 3 path that this team can really go.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl8ajhu_e5Y
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If people really think MU is gonna trade Afflalo for Ross..... ahaha funny one MU has stated multiple times that eh wants to develop young players not trade for a 28 year old player whos having 1 solid season just one! its not like afflalo is a career 20ppg scorer
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        If people really think MU is gonna trade Afflalo for Ross..... ahaha funny one MU has stated multiple times that eh wants to develop young players not trade for a 28 year old player whos having 1 solid season just one! its not like afflalo is a career 20ppg scorer
                        Exactly my point. Some people just need to learn to stop being so narrow minded and look at the bigger picture

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Exactly my point. Some people just need to learn to stop being so narrow minded and look at the bigger picture
                          If we were a contender this trade makes sense because its helps now! but were not a contender and we need to develop our young players and Im happy MU is the GM not some of this people on this forum
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.
                              Yup.. it should not be an easy No. Afflalo is a really good player. And him being 28 is actually still young. Lowry is 28 after all and many want him back.

I still don't think that specific trade should be done (Ross + piece for Afflalo). I think that would create a Gay/DD situation since Aaron has a lot of similar qualities to DeMar.. I also like what Ross brings to the team. But it should not be an easy no.

Comment

I would only do it if you throw in a pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X