Your prediction for the Big Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your prediction for the Big Men

I think the offense will be guard driven but do you see Jonas, Patrick , amir and the big boys having improvements in there stat's.

I see Amir's stats dropping. Pat man is going to take even more minutes this year (but remain coming off the bench). JV should see more touches but I think his %'s drop while totals rise (less efficient but more productive).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      I see Amir's stats dropping. Pat man is going to take even more minutes this year (but remain coming off the bench). JV should see more touches but I think his %'s drop while totals rise (less efficient but more productive).
      Agreed. I can see 2Patt playing more minutes in an attempt to preserve Amir's health for the length of the season.

Jonas should be playing more minutes, and I do see him getting more touches on the offensive end. Im hoping that he can become more of a defensive anchor for the team as well.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I'm hoping JV starts taking those short jumpers a little more and also that he starts hitting them. He actually seemed to shoot more in the first few months he was with the Raps than he has since. Anyone with his FT % should be money from 12 feet out. Then those pump fakes start to mean something. His % could actually go up.

Comment

JV mid range game dropped from 41 to 34% from rookie to 2nd year.

That is going back up plus a better post game plus increased strength leading to more offensive rebounding.

He's going to average 55%+ from floor on 10 attempts per game with 75%+ FT on 4 attempts per game.

That is Casey's 14 points per game.

Comment

I see 2Pat creeping into the starting lineup and allowing Amir to slide back into that 1st big off the bench role. 2Pat would open up the floor and move the ball allowing more room for Jonas to operate
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              I see 2Pat creeping into the starting lineup and allowing Amir to slide back into that 1st big off the bench role. 2Pat would open up the floor and move the ball allowing more room for Jonas to operate
              Our D has so far always been better with Amir starting though. Do we need more spacing over better D? I think D wins out. Also, Amir's presence really doesn't prevent Jonas from operating.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I think the bench would be better serve with 2Pat, GV and Lou scoring, while the starters don't need much scoring from the PF spot, with DD, and Lowry taking the lions share of the shots.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think the bench would be better serve with 2Pat, GV and Lou scoring, while the starters don't need much scoring from the PF spot, with DD, and Lowry taking the lions share of the shots.
                  Does not really matter who starts... What matters is who plays more and who finishes games. In one word -
                  Matchup. Long term, past this season, I see Patterson taking over PF spot. Hope Jonas kills it this season!

Comment

I think JV is going to garner more touches, I expect improvements across the boards, however percentages may suffer.

Amir will start, but Amir and Patterson will share about half the minutes, mainly to preserve the health for Amir. I wouldn't be surprised however if Patterson overtakes the starting position. I also expect as the season progresses, Hansbrough may find himself in the lineup.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Amir is gonna do Amir things, I expect less 3pters and more OREB.

2Pat is gonna emerge as the starter after Amir gets a minor injury. The injury will also increase playing time for JJ as a 4, guarding opponent stretch fours.

Amir will thrive off the bench and often close games with 2Pat as they are the best defensive frontcourt tandem.

JV will also get to close more games thanks to a better % from mid range and being less foul prone. I expect 14 and 10.

Hands Bro is going to have the same playing time as last season, but I expect a better FT% (he shot below is career average).

Chuck is gonna be thrown in when ever an opponent's big gets it doing, but will play less minutes than last season.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Sheesh Amir is still underappreciated. I think Amir's ability to contribute in virtually every facet of the game is still more valuable that PP's shooting, and I love PP. The only reason Amir's minutes should be given to PP is to preserve Johnson for the playoffs. Amir at 100% health should be a key goal heading into the post-season.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think Chuck Hayes will get traded before training camp.

Comment

i think people are still going to undervalue amir, and he will continue to do his thing and gradually improve on last year.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I was not sure where to put this comment, but in light of Paul George's injury, I wanted to remind folks that both Amir Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough had bone bruises this last season. Amir took three games off near the end of the season to deal with his ankle(s), while Tyler missed a whole month. The only cure for a bone bruise is rest, because it can weaken the internal structure of the bone. Untreated, it can lead to injuries such as George's yesterday (not that I am suggesting he had such a problem). Coach Casey put Hansbrough in the dog house for not "fighting through" the injury, unlike Amir. That is really a bad approach to treating an athletic injury, especially when you need your men at full strength for the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X