2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Not sure how you can say that. I view this draft more like the 2006 draft except the top couple picks are more certain. The draft has a lot of talent but most of the guys are young and need years to develop. Unless your psychic I'm not sure how you can know how all those young guys are going to turn out. Irving is not that athletic and he missed most of last year with a toe injury. Does that toe injury come up again in the future? Tough to say but Yao Ming suffered a devastating toe injury and he's never recovered. He may have to just call it quits even.
    I agree, but I think that the risk would be far lesser and possible outcome much higher if Cleveland draft Irving then if Kanter is available draft him. Otherwise Valanciunas is considered better than Kanter by some.

Comment

• Valanciunas might not be able to play for years depending on the buyout.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Valanciunas might not be able to play for years depending on the buyout.
        With Jamison under contract for next year, JJ Hickson, Varejao, Harongody, and Erden and with little possibility of the Cavs contending for much, I could see them taking Valanciunas IF they feel long term he will be the best option. He is still only 19; if it takes him two years to get over, he is still only 21 and if it takes the Cavs 4 years to become competitive again, he is still only 23 i.e. a college senior.

With the Cavs current roster, they are one of the few teams I could see picking him without worrying about next year. I'm sure they would prefer him to play next year but if he doesn't, they are not going to worry too much.

Comment

• I really kind of question why everyone thinks Irving and Williams are head and shoulders above the rest. Williams is a tweener in the worst way possible in that it is likely he will struggle at both the three and the four while Irving had a very bad injury this season. Alternatively you could take guys like Walker, who led his team to a national title or Knight who is an excellent prospect who comes from on of the best point guard coaches ever. Irving basically had a couple good games and got hurt. He is not as athletic as either Walker of Knight and the fact he skipped out on the athletic testing raises some concerns. In this draft I see very little real seperation between the one and seneven spots.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            With Jamison under contract for next year, JJ Hickson, Varejao, Harongody, and Erden and with little possibility of the Cavs contending for much, I could see them taking Valanciunas IF they feel long term he will be the best option. He is still only 19; if it takes him two years to get over, he is still only 21 and if it takes the Cavs 4 years to become competitive again, he is still only 23 i.e. a college senior.

With the Cavs current roster, they are one of the few teams I could see picking him without worrying about next year. I'm sure they would prefer him to play next year but if he doesn't, they are not going to worry too much.
            I believe he only has three more years left on his contract (including this year). Apparently his team that he plays for is really broke too, so I can't see him staying for anymore than a year.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
              I really kind of question why everyone thinks Irving and Williams are head and shoulders above the rest. Williams is a tweener in the worst way possible in that it is likely he will struggle at both the three and the four while Irving had a very bad injury this season. Alternatively you could take guys like Walker, who led his team to a national title or Knight who is an excellent prospect who comes from on of the best point guard coaches ever. Irving basically had a couple good games and got hurt. He is not as athletic as either Walker of Knight and the fact he skipped out on the athletic testing raises some concerns. In this draft I see very little real seperation between the one and seneven spots.
              It's not what I think, it's what's being reported. Almost everybody is saying Irving then Williams as a lock to go 1 and 2, most likely in that order. It doesn't matter what we think if Cleveland and Minnesota have these guys ranked #1 and 2.

Comment

• the cavs would be much better off just taking irving at the 1 . why would they take kanter ? .... if the cavs take irviing and he didint work out well no one would be mad because he was the consensus player at 1. if they skip irviing and took kanter and kanter was a bust then the cavs looks like fools. espcially if both the picksare busts lol

Comment

• Maybe they'll take Vesely and we can all exhale
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Toronto Raptors | Kemba Walker | G | Connecticut

Walker Lovers, rejoice: I repent my sins. Too many NBA types insist that Walker can not only play the point in the pros, but can play it well. If so, his expansive scoring ability may be too big for the Raptors to pass up, creating a potentially explosive backcourt with DeMar DeRozan. GM Bryan Colangelo also needs a sure thing after barely surviving a bid from one of Toronto's ownership groups to oust him.
                    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Comment

• wtf kyrie just got popped by some chic for jerkin it on cam. haha http://www.twitvid.com/Y4TBO

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        wtf kyrie just got popped by some chic for jerkin it on cam. haha http://www.twitvid.com/Y4TBO
                        That's old news. Some girl trying to get attention.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I said it here, Toronto will take Kemba at #5
                          Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• Buschfire wrote: View Post
                            I said it here, Toronto will take Kemba at #5
                            If Knight ain't on the board I second that
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Man what is nbadraft.net smoking? Do they know something everyone else doesn't? They've got Kemba going at #13 now but brouight Kanter back to #4 after his brief respite at the #1. I don't even know why I check that site.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• yeah i quickly learned draftnet is garbage
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X