The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

It's supposed to be ironic. I am white, and while I can't jump for shit now, I'm pretty short and could grab the rim until I was 24. And I like the movie, and in the movie the dude can actually dunk when it counts.
    How tall are you, so you could grab a legit regulation net
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      How tall are you, so you could grab a legit regulation net
      I'm 5'9''...probably just around 5'10'' in shoes at most. I needed a running start, but I could grab the rim with my fingers, like just enough to wrap the ends of my fingers around it and hold on (though not on every try). I couldn't grab it convincingly (like wrap my palm around it), so I couldn't really dunk on a regulation net because especially with the ball in my hand I couldn't get enough of my hand over the rim (still annoyed because I'll probably never be in that good shape again, and only probably needed an inch or two more on my vertical). Those were the days....Now I'm lucky to touch the mesh

Comment

I'm 5'9''...probably just around 5'10'' in shoes at most. I needed a running start, but I could grab the rim with my fingers, like just enough to wrap the ends of my fingers around it and hold on (though not on every try). I couldn't grab it convincingly (like wrap my palm around it), so I couldn't really dunk on a regulation net because especially with the ball in my hand I couldn't get enough of my hand over the rim (still annoyed because I'll probably never be in that good shape again, and only probably needed an inch or two more on my vertical). Those were the days....Now I'm lucky to touch the mesh
        I feel for you ahaha
        your only 5'9 or 5'10
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I'm around the same height unfortunately. It sucks to say the least

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I feel for you ahaha
            your only 5'9 or 5'10
            Yeah man, and i went to a small high school, where we were undermanned until my senior year. I had to play every position except C at least in spurts (until my last year). It was not fun giving up like 10 inches to a PF and trying to outrebound them...Lots of nights with a sore back.

**IT's also fun in a way too though. It's fun to be the guy outrebounding someone half a foot taller than you, and his coach benching him. It's fun to be the little white guy who runs in for an offensive rebound and takes it away from bigger guys. It's fun to post someone up who's way taller than you and they have no clue how you're scoring over them.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Yeah man, and i went to a small high school, where we were undermanned until my senior year. I had to play every position except C at least in spurts (until my last year). It was not fun giving up like 10 inches to a PF and trying to outrebound them...Lots of nights with a sore back.
              Wow yall legit didn't even have one guy above 6 feet? Wow when I was in high school last year I was the SF and I'm about 6'5 or 6'6 on a good day

Comment

You must sympathize with Chuck Hayes. I know I do (hence my avatar). I'm the same height as you.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Wow yall legit didn't even have one guy above 6 feet? Wow when I was in high school last year I was the SF and I'm about 6'5 or 6'6 on a good day
                  Until my senior year, we had 4 guys over 6 feet (in my last year at least 7 or 8 guys were 6ft or taller). Two of them were total scrubs. The other 2 started. The guy we started at PF thought of himself as a SG, and didn't fucking understand how to play his position at all...so my coach would have me play the "PF" role against zone Ds, and play post D on the other end because I was pretty strong for my size and understood how to push a guy out, which our starting "PF" did not get at all.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    You must sympathize with Chuck Hayes. I know I do (hence my avatar). I'm the same height as you.
                    Like I said though...it's also fun (and I imagine it is for Chuck sometimes too) because people ALWAYS underestimate you.

I like Chuck Hayes. Actually he used to have pretty good athleticism which helped make up for his size. Just don't like seeing him in certain matchups....

Comment

Until my senior year, we had 4 guys over 6 feet (in my last year at least 7 or 8 guys were 6ft or taller). Two of them were total scrubs. The other 2 started. The guy we started at PF thought of himself as a SG, and didn't fucking understand how to play his position at all...so my coach would have me play the "PF" role against zone Ds, and play post D on the other end because I was pretty strong for my size and understood how to push a guy out, which our starting "PF" did not get at all.
                      Looooool that one guy sounds like me ahah I'm usually just shooting 3's most of the time and so much people kept harping on me to go down low ( I'd say I'm a mix of Swaggy P and Gilbert Arenas )

Comment

Like I said though...it's also fun (and I imagine it is for Chuck sometimes too) because people ALWAYS underestimate you.

I like Chuck Hayes. Actually he used to have pretty good athleticism which helped make up for his size. Just don't like seeing him in certain matchups....
                        Like Chuck Hayes trying to check DeAndre Jordan

Comment

Well at least you had strength on your side. I'm 5'10" MAX (maybe 5'11" in shoes, and thats a big maybe) and i'm KD skinny. I weigh like 135 so you can imagine how hard it must be for me to get to the rim and box guys out. That's why i'm primarily a 3&D guy, and i'd like to say i'm a pretty good one till it gets to guarding guys much stronger or taller than me.

Comment

Looooool that one guy sounds like me ahah I'm usually just shooting 3's most of the time and so much people kept harping on me to go down low ( I'd say I'm a mix of Swaggy P and Gilbert Arenas )
                            Hahaha

Shit, you probably gave your coach ulcers.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Well at least you had strength on your side. I'm 5'10" MAX (maybe 5'11" in shoes, and thats a big maybe) and i'm KD skinny. I weigh like 135 so you can imagine how hard it must be for me to get to the rim and box guys out. That's why i'm primarily a 3&D guy, and i'd like to say i'm a pretty good one till it gets to guarding guys much stronger or taller than me.
                              You need to hit the WEIGHT ROOM man

Comment

Hahaha

Shit, you probably gave your coach ulcers.
                                I'm one of those guys when my shot is going I'm unstoppable but when I'm off Loool everyone hates me because I just keep shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X