Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Leiweke named new President of MLSE - Going to make run at Phil Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Jackson? it's ok to dream Raptors fans.

Chances of Phil coming to Toronto is as good as the Blue Jays chances of winning the WS this year.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Phil Jackson? it's ok to dream Raptors fans.

Chances of Phil coming to Toronto is as good as the Blue Jays chances of winning the WS this year.
      Pretty good f*cking chances if you ask me
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I just cant help but find it hilarious to think Toronto has Phil leading them and they suck and fans immediately start calling for Phils head, "why did we fire BC? omg Phil is a moron he has no idea what hes doing etc etc"

Toronto fans in a nutshell. same thing happened when Raps got Rudy.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I just cant help but find it hilarious to think Toronto has Phil leading them and they suck and fans immediately start calling for Phils head, "why did we fire BC? omg Phil is a moron he has no idea what hes doing etc etc"

Yeah, we are an impatient, granted, passionate bunch
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I just cant help but find it hilarious to think Toronto has Phil leading them and they suck and fans immediately start calling for Phils head, "why did we fire BC? omg Phil is a moron he has no idea what hes doing etc etc"

Even if Phil isn't successful here ( if we land him lol. ) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say "why did we fire BC".

===========

He is [Phil] interesting human being. I would love to see him somewhere in Raps team in any position, either coaching or somewhere in the front office?! I like him, he can bring some luck to this team. (Ahem.) For how long? That depends, we can't expect success like Lakers had with Phil, I doubt we'll make it ( yes I know the Raptors r making playoffs next year anyway ) to the 2nd round next or after next season ( but as a fan still think we can win all ) a lot of can change in these years, but the thing I like is that MLSE just shown 2day by hiring Leiweke - THE TIME FOR THE CHANGE IS NOW. Doesn't matter if we land Phil or not. It was time for the change, and the 1/4 of the part is changed. This is a good sign for the future. That is what I want to see after season like this.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Yeah, we are an impatient, granted, passionate bunch
              c'mon now.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Phil Jackson? it's ok to dream Raptors fans.

Chances of him coming? Definitely not great. Realistically IS there a chance he comes here? Yes, definitely.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Here is the interview... Had to read some code but was pretty easy to find:

Interview
                  Thanks. Huge hire .. loved to listen to him. Rare to find a guy like this who actually gets ball, hockey and soccer (and football to boot!). Even if you think hes a bit of a name-dropper .. its impossible to deny that hes super connected.

Love the way he talks about winning .. love his passion. Think this is fantastic news for the raps.

Will PJ come here? Im not sure. I dont think its crazy though. One way or the other, this guy opens up the list of people who will want to come here .. and thats a good thing. Looking forward to seeing it play out!

Comment

• my working theory at the moment is Tim is likely going to let BC finish his option year AND THEN clean house since a new GM won't have much flexibility until 2014/2015 (three large expiring contracts + picks again)

I think unless BC says something Tim don't like we are stuck for another year
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      my working theory at the moment is Tim is likely going to let BC finish his option year AND THEN clean house since a new GM won't have much flexibility until 2014/2015 (three large expiring contracts + picks again)

I think unless BC says something Tim don't like we are stuck for another year
                      For a brief second I thought you were speaking in the 3rd person.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                        He was quoted a few years ago that he says Montana is "a dangerous place, not because of wild animals, but inclement weather". Just saying that it could very well be a big factor to him and his joints.
                        Hmmm....sounds like a joke to me. Sounds like the type of thing a born and bred kid from the hard country would say to mess with a bunch of city reporters because they're ignorant morons.

Seriously, there have already been rumours to what other teams? Cleveland (weather as bad and city much worse than TO)? Seattle (if you've ever had bone problems, I'll take -5 and dry over always +5 and soaking wet...that'll kill your joints and anywhere you've got scar tissue built up)?

I can't remember others. Saw a rumor for Charlotte too...which could be real, given MJ and how fucked up that team is, or could be fake, just because of MJ....I guess that's at least one warmer city.

He'll be working a high-paid office gig. It's not like he'll be facing blizzards every morning. Shit, executives spend a lot of time away from their teams as well. There's no reason to think that weather will be any factor. Frankly, if you've ever lived with or been around someone with chronic physical issues, traveling is a much bigger source of pain and frustration than weather. You can always turn up the heat and dress warm, but a schedule heavy on traveling is hard on the body, especially a damaged one. I'm sure that's probably the reason he won't coach again, because the schedule/travel is grueling.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 27, 2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Interesting.

Comment

• Phil Jackson in my honest opinion, is a credibility and respect move.

Obviously no one knows how successful of a GM he will be, but I personally feel that if this team were to give him a Pat Riley-esque role, that would definitely be in the right direction for this franchise, because of the fact we all know the coaching prowess and experience he brings. He knows how to deal with players, etc.

Being a coach to a team, you look at the collection of players, and depending on your system, or what you see out on the court, there is always something missing, and as the coach, what do you do? You create a game-plan to cover your weaknesses, or adjustments have to be made. As the GM, he will have large part of bringing in players to address those issues, which I think might be a huge asset for him as a GM. I have no doubt in my mind either that Phil Jackson at the very least knows half of the players on the roster, and a relationship with director of Sports Science, Alex Mckecknie and Leiweke.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Difference between BC and Phil, is that Phil is one of the greatest basketball minds ever. Like RaptorReuben said, this is a credibility move. I think this board understands greatness when they see it.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                                I want Phil Jackson here as much as the next guy, I just don't think it will happen for the reasons I listed. I'm not wrong... All I did was list facts.. Half his joints are plastic and he has chronic issues with them, causing him to miss plenty of games during his coaching career. He loves it in California because his partner lives there and the weather is great for his body. If he decides to come here I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth. One tweet from Grange doesn't sway me at all though. What if Grange's unnamed "source" meant that half the year he spent in Montana was the summer? Don't forget that some people are in the business of hits.
                                Wow, you're delusional. "I don't believe that tweet because it doesn't agree with all the comments I've been posting." Did you know his partner also lives with him in Montana while he's there? If LA weather is good for his body, then why does he always recharge in Montana? You're vastly overestimating the impact of colder weather on Phil's joints to a point of comedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X