Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a team with more PG Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I'm just thinking long term, like everyone else is, and if we get 2 superstars, that will add up to $40MIL for 2 players.
    So we best not attempt to land superstars, then.

Listen to yourself.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Says who? For the right team, I have no doubt MLSE wouldn't mind being a luxury tax team. They have deep pockets and when this team is actually winning, they are quite profitable.
      having deep pockets is one thing, being cheap is another.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        MLSE is unwilling to pay the luxury tax? That's news to me.
        MLSE is not cheap? that's news to me

I seem to remember when they raised ticket prices, they still refused to pay luxury taxes.

Comment

So we best not attempt to land superstars, then.

Listen to yourself.
          Yup, let's target a team full of scrubs to keep the risk of them bolting low. Surely we can make the playoffs every year and maybe win a title using only minimum contract guys and undrafted rookies?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

having deep pockets is one thing, being cheap is another.
            Do Bargnani's, DeRozan's, Amir's, Turkoglu's, Kapono's contracts, and trading for Gay's contract sound cheap?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Yup, let's target a team full of scrubs to keep the risk of them bolting low. Surely we can make the playoffs every year and maybe win a title using only minimum contract guys and undrafted rookies?
              What about going the balanced team route? Denver style.

Comment

MLSE is not cheap? that's news to me

I seem to remember when they raised ticket prices, they still refused to pay luxury taxes.
                Who wants to pay luxury taxes for a lottery bound team?

That's not cheap. That's good business.

Comment

Do Bargnani's, DeRozan's, Amir's, Turkoglu's, Kapono's contracts, and trading for Gay's contract sound cheap?
                  weren't we still forced to be under the tax line?

Comment

I seem to recall BC mentioning that MLSE gave him the green-light to become a luxury-tax team, should the right opportunity to present itself. With TL running the show and MLSE running among the most profitable NBA/NHL franchises, I see no reason to think this team will be run as "cheap".

Comment

Denver style doesn't get you to the conference finals.

They're a good team that is coached well, and takes great advantage of the lower oxygen levels playing at home. But come playoff time, the gap in elite talent plays out.

Comment

I applaud you for sticking to your guns about not tanking, but you're arguments are starting to sound a little:

Comment

I applaud you for sticking to your guns about not tanking, but you're arguments are starting to sound a little:
                          I'm surprised you didn't go with this:

Comment

Denver style doesn't get you to the conference finals.

They're a good team that is coached well, and takes great advantage of the lower oxygen levels playing at home. But come playoff time, the gap in elite talent plays out.
                            They're in the West as well, where it has been harder to win since I don't know when, if they were in the East, they would be able to go a lot further.

Comment

They're in the West as well, where it has been harder to win since I don't know when, if they were in the East, they would be able to go a lot further.
                              Good point. But even in the East, they're not a championship calibre team....which is what Lieweke wants.

Comment

haha, well since we have their GM that's certainly a possibility. How did they do it though?

Denver's entire run of success started in 2003 when they won 17 games and got to pick 3rd in the draft, selecting Carmelo Anthony, who was later traded for many of the players they have now. Since we don't have a Melo to trade, we better draft one at the top of this draft
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X