Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    If by "In today's society" you mean "your generation", then sure. For my generation it was Michael Keaton (and to a much lesser extent Val Kilmer and George Clooney) which brought Batman into HUGE popularity.

But when I was referring to "Dark Knight Returns", that is a Graphic Novel done by the creator of 300, Frank Miller; which is widely regarded as the best piece of Batman literature ever. And he's got short ears in that, and is super buff. Like the picture.

And I maintain, Christian Bales Batman fails simply because of that stupid voice.
    The voice isn't stupid at all. That's such misguided internet bullshit.

He obviously can't go talking like Bruce fucking Wayne as Batman. Would you rather he disguise his voice with a pee-wee herman type accent?

Btw, the short ears look tacky. It makes the suit look like it's too small or something..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      The voice isn't stupid at all. That's such misguided internet bullshit.

He obviously can't go talking like Bruce fucking Wayne as Batman. Would you rather he disguise his voice with a pee-wee herman type accent?

Btw, the short ears look tacky. It makes the suit look like it's too small or something..
      Nah, its just stupid.

As I said, Michael Keaton had a bit of a voice.. enough of a voice. Bale took it over the top.

We'll agree to disagree on the ears. I think they look bad ass and the ones that are like 6" long look tacky.

Comment

bat bale
        bat kilmer
        bat keaton
        bat west
        bat clooney

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          bat bale
          bat kilmer
          bat keaton
          bat west
          bat clooney
          Give me Keaton over any of em. I think I'm going to like Afflecks Batman though.
          I expect his to be the angriest and most bent on revenge/justice.

Comment

it cracks me up how up in arms casual batman fans are about bale's batvoice

in the comics its an ongoing thing, as mentioned, how else would he cover up his voice?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              it cracks me up how up in arms casual batman fans are about bale's batvoice

in the comics its an ongoing thing, as mentioned, how else would he cover up his voice?
              Am I "casual" just because I don't like it?

As I mentioned previously, Keaton had a voice. And it was fine. Its not that he changes his voice that I take issue with. Its the extreme with which he's taken it. Even the people doing the auditions didn't expect that.

Not to mention, Bale didn't even consider the comics when coming up with "the Voice" ...
              "I got there. They put me in Val Kilmer's suit. It didn't even fit properly, and I stood in it and I went 'I feel like an idiot.' What kind of guy walks around, dressed like a bat? And is then going to go 'Hello, how are you? Just ignore that I'm dressed as a bat.' Of course, he's meant to be doing this. If you look at the history of the guy and the pain that he went through. I went 'I can't do this in a normal voice. I have to become a beast in order to sell this to myself.'"
              It always sounded to me like his nose was plugged while wearing that mask.
              Last edited by Joey; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

i am actually going through the whole collection right now, got them on blue ray. batman returns is keaton's best. i think he gets bruce wayne the best but his batman is like watching walker texas ranger with cut-aways because he isn't physical enough.

keaton also goes out of his way to tell women he is batman so he can bang them. bale and kilmer do batman well, kilmer does bruce better, but like miller's comic bale's batman kicks so much ass. you know if the president sent supes after him bale wouldn't even need help to kick his ass.

i am excited about batfleck but i doubt he is able to stand up to superman the way bale would. i think his batman will be the cold scientific batman who runs the justice league.

anyone here see crisis on two earths, war or flashpoint paradox? batman is so much the shit

Comment

dark knight
                  batman returns
                  batman begins
                  batman forever
                  batman
                  dark knight rises
                  then somewhere on the eighth layer of hell underneath judas is batman and robin

had to edit forgot batman
                  Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jun 14, 2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I love Batman. Keaton was great. Kilmer and Clooney weren't very good at all, but the movies themselves were awful. Honestly, Batman, with Keaton was a good movie, and Nolan's trilogy was fantastic. The rest was really awful. Many like Batman Returns with the Penguin I think, but that movie sucked too as far as I'm concerned.

I thought Bale was awesome as Batman, and loved the deep voice. I'm not at all convinced that Affleck can pull off a better Batman, but I hope he does because I want this film to be good, because generally, super hero movies are poorly done IMO.

As far as Batman movies go I would rank them as 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Dark Knight Rises 3. Batman Begins 4. Batman and that's. The others aren't even worth watching IMO. The one with Arnie and Carrey is fucking brutal.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I love Batman. Keaton was great. Kilmer and Clooney weren't very good at all, but the movies themselves were awful. Honestly, Batman, with Keaton was a good movie, and Nolan's trilogy was fantastic. The rest was really awful. Many like Batman Returns with the Penguin I think, but that movie sucked too as far as I'm concerned.

I thought Bale was awesome as Batman, and loved the deep voice. I'm not at all convinced that Affleck can pull off a better Batman, but I hope he does because I want this film to be good, because generally, super hero movies are poorly done IMO.

As far as Batman movies go I would rank them as 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Dark Knight Rises 3. Batman Begins 4. Batman and that's. The others aren't even worth watching IMO. The one with Arnie and Carrey is fucking brutal.
                      it was arnie and uma with a neutered bane. carey was with tommy lee jones.

Comment

Apparently Jason Mamoa (Khal Droga to Game of Thrones fans) has been cast as Aquaman, and will make a small appearance in BvS. I'm ok with this. Dudes a bad ass.

Comment

Am I "casual" just because I don't like it?
                          not at all, i'm just saying the "batvoice" is kind of a thing in the comics and the movie is based on the comics soooooooooooooo
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            not at all, i'm just saying the "batvoice" is kind of a thing in the comics and the movie is based on the comics soooooooooooooo
                            The best batvoice was in Batman: the Animated Series.

Comment

Apparently Jason Mamoa (Khal Droga to Game of Thrones fans) has been cast as Aquaman, and will make a small appearance in BvS. I'm ok with this. Dudes a bad ass.
                              I can never take Aqua Man seriously after this LMAO

Comment

DCs Suicide Squad: Now filming in Toronto

First off, for those who don't know, the Suicide Squad "is an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences". Ripped that from Wikipedia.

Set for release just after Batman vs. Superman (SS is Aug. 5th 2016 and BvS is March 2016).
                                They'll likely be set in the same "universe", therefore its not unlikely to think that the stories will be related/intertwined.

For the casting, we've got...

Jared Leto as Joker -
                                Will Smith as Deadshot -
                                Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg -
                                Margot Robbie (Wolf of Wall Street) as Harley Quinn -
                                Apparently the Joker isn't normally a member, but with Harley Quinn being a constant, it makes sense ... I think Leto could DOMINATE this role. I think he's made for it actually. Brilliant bit of casting here in my opinion.

Smith is an interesting cast, but I think it could be really cool.

Hardy is awesome as anything. Even Bane ... Lol

Thoughts? I'm pretty pumped about this, and a little bit curious with how they manage the story line.

Any DC fans out there that can enlighten us some more?

Comment

Working...
                                X