A List Of Suitable Centers For Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, whats with this insistence on a Center that can run ? lol

There's not many of them in the league and if you look @ our lineup as presently constructed, and rumours that the young guns will play w/ Jack off the bench, I dont really see us having that sort of offence on the first unit. The run and gun will come off of the bench primarily and provide us a change of pace when it's needed.

Jose is a half court point guard, Bargnani's offence isnt exactly fast break and Klieza is a spot shooter more than an attacking wing. Add in whatever Centre is on your wish list, be it Gortat or Emeka and that leaves Barbosa as the only true "run and gun" guy on the first unit.

It's not a bad makeup, since we could (in theory) play 2 different paces and change our approach/lineup when needed.
    "Oh well, that's basketball. It used to be basketball. I don't know what it is now."

Comment

DemarDaChosen wrote: View Post
      Neither are going anywhere as they're both still under reasonable contracts, and along with Wall, are the building blocks of the franshise.

Gortat is fantastic defensively and would be a bargain @ 5.5 million if he started (which he obviously wont, due to Dwight Howard) - 4 pts 5 reb and a blk in just over 13 min last year..... we could double his playing time, gain a solid defensive presence, and still have enough minutes for the young bigs to develop. I would imagine he'll grow tired of his minimal role in Orlando as he obviously is capable of being a much bigger piece elsewhere... hence him wanting to sign with Dallas last offseason before having the offer matched by Orlando.
      wait until the season starts and they'll be blowing up their team.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Gats wrote: View Post
        Any of Portland's bigs (Oden, Pryzbila & Camby) would be a good fit. Again, not sure about health or availability, but they all fit.

I like Pryzbila and I also think that he will be moved. Portland can really use the TPE and unload some of their unwanted Salaries.
        Now, Is Pryzbila a starting center quality in this league ?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          wait until decmeber and there will be teams that are looking to dump salary like washington. could get blatche,mcgee.
          McGee is too young and too cheap for Washington to let go now. Blatche is a PF. We need a real starting Center.

Plus, Blatche is not good defensively and has shown that he tends to be quite lazy when it comes to defense.

Comment

Not to mention the attitude Blatche has. It sucks.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              With all the talks surrounding Okafor and his contract and whether or not this is the best option available for Raptors, I started to think who else is out there that can fill the role.

I think we all agree that for Raptors to be competitive, they need a Center who is a great rebounder and a defender.

First ,from the centers that are in the league right now, who do we think fits this needs?
              Second, Which one of your list do you think might become available ?

This is my list:

Okafor , Tyson Chandler, Nene, Perkins, Mark Gasol

From this list, I think the only player that might become available is Okafor as the rest.

Can we carry our TPE to another year or does it expire at the end of the year ?
              It appears your list doesn't include David Anderson.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I like Pryzbila and I also think that he will be moved. Portland can really use the TPE and unload some of their unwanted Salaries.
                considering he backs up the most injury prone player on the planet and does a better job, id say yes. if we got him for cheap it'd be awesome.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

To my knowledge the Trailblazers are still under the 15 player limit and there is no way to know If Oden will be healthy in 10-11

Plus Camby can play the #4. If they dump Pryzbilla they will have only three big men that are NBA proven and one of those is injured more than not.

I think Pryzbilla finishes out 10-11, the last year on his contract, with the Trailblazers unless they can move him for another NBA proven big.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    It appears your list doesn't include David Anderson.
                    LOOOL, I know that was a great surprise by BC.
                    As far as Pryzibla, you are correct. I don't think he will be moved either bc of the injury history of Oden and Camby.

Comment

Looks like we might have to get our C in the Euro, boys.
                      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        expires at the trade deadline, from my understanding.
                        TPE expires one year from the date of trade.

Comment

What do you guys think of us looking in the Euro League at this dude?

LINK:
                          http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-...ects-2954.html

Sofoklis Schortsanitis
                          Vitals: 6-10 315
                          Position: C
                          NBA Comparison: a 6-10 version of Shaq
                          Status: unrestricted free agent - draft rights held by the Los Angeles Clippers so another team would have to trade for his rights before signing him.

My Assessment: Big Sofo is an absolute beast offensively on the low block. He is virtually unstoppable one on one in the low post. Even if you double team or triple team him he can still score and he is good at passing out of double teams.

He is surprisingly athletic and quick down the floor for a man of his size. Stamina problems with him are overblown as he can give a team a consistent 15-20 minutes. Potential NBA starting center and at worst case scenario elite level backup center.

NBA Scout Assessment: An NBA scout said this of Schortsanitis, "He is the most dominant low post player in Europe. If he had the right mindset and training regimen he could be an all star in the NBA."
                          YouTube: (look what he does to Shaq...TWICE!!!)
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Sofo is essentially Eddy Curry without the hefty salary. He's got a nice soft baby hook and is dominant in the paint in the post, but aside from that, he's pretty useless. He's not a good shotblocker or rebounder.

Comment

Sofo is a beast, he played for the Clips in summer league,
                              and had some crazy blocks on defence.
                              Chris Webber, was doing the commentary on a couple of games
                              and absolutely loved him, coining him the Summer Shaq.
                              Check it out on youtube.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                                What do you guys think of us looking in the Euro League at this dude?

LINK:
                                http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-...ects-2954.html

YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrs4rGBMlbw (look what he does to Shaq...TWICE!!!)
                                holy, shidoinks.

where he almost brings the entire system down
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X