Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan Key To Bargnani's Offensive Consistency? ...And Production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats why Kleiza was brought in. Kleiza can post up three's and thats why he was effective in europe.

Comment

Chandler guarding Bargni-vs. Charlotte 3 36.0 7.7-15.3 50.000 2.3-4.7 .500 2.0-2.7 75.000 0.67 0.67 1.7 2.3 2.0 3.7 5.7 1.0 19.7
      Horford-vs. Atlanta 4 33.0 6.8-13.3 50.943 1.0-3.3 .308 2.3-3.5 64.286 0.00 0.50 0.5 2.0 0.8 4.3 5.0 1.0 16.8
      Perkins-vs. Boston 4 34.8 6.5-14.8 44.068 2.0-5.3 .381 2.0-2.5 80.000 0.25 2.50 2.0 3.0 1.3 3.3 4.5 0.3 17.0
      These numbers aren't bad against your opposition that can stop Bargni. Look at the Lakers they have the most imposing front court in the league
      vs. LA Lakers 2 38.0 7.5-17.0 44.118 1.5-6.0 .250 5.0-5.5 90.909 0.50 1.50 1.0 2.5 1.5 6.5 8.0 0.5 21.5
      Sorry but it looks like Andrea scores pretty consitently against everyone

Comment

"Bargs was the perfect compliment to Bosh because he pulled a big out of the paint, which let Bosh play closer to the basket. I more traditional center would have stunted Bosh's production by clogging up the inside and forcing more jumpers from Bosh."
        If Bosh was paired with a typical Centre he would have got blocked alot more. Bosh would be unable to drive which would allow the defender to stop his mid post jump shot.

Comment

statistcally bargs is a much more efffective player than bosh ever was. i agree that cb will miss bargs more than vice versa. bargs' positive impact in games undeniably leads to big wins for this team. plus, he is one of our only 'clutch' players, probably the best one on the team now for sure.

plus, he is also our only all star now, all u cb ballpeelers step back

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
            The fact is None of those players can guard Bargni. Noah can't guard Andrea, outside no Centre can guard bargni he can go left or right on the drive if he doesn't shoot the ball. Did you notice that no big guy can guard Andrea off the dribble. The only big guy who can really guard Bargni would be a guy like Al Horford but Horford can't guard Bargni in the post. The fact is that Apollo/tim have already made their mind up with Bargni. So Apollo why have a forum where no evidence in the world would change your oppinion. The fact is that with 3 additional shots a game Bargni is a 20 point scorer. SO I don't know why your so negative, did Andrea do something to your family member. Look at how much Boguts stats went up last year. He just turned 25 last year and he became a stud shot blocker and rebounder. Andrea turns 25 this year watch out
            Actually, they can guard him. You can see this observationally and statistically. The problem with Bargnani is that, while he is quicker than most centers, he can't actually use it most of the time. If his defender guards him straight up, there's nothing Bargnani can do to get open. He doesn't have any move other than a pumpfake and drive right.

And in the post, Bargnani is average, at best. He tends to mostly fade away on his shots down low, even when he has a size advantage over his opponent. Plus, he's not very good at holding his position or sealing his man, so getting him the ball in scoring position is often difficult.

As for minds being already made up, why does that only apply to us? Why not you?

Chandler guarding Bargni-vs. Charlotte 3 36.0 7.7-15.3 50.000 2.3-4.7 .500 2.0-2.7 75.000 0.67 0.67 1.7 2.3 2.0 3.7 5.7 1.0 19.7
            Horford-vs. Atlanta 4 33.0 6.8-13.3 50.943 1.0-3.3 .308 2.3-3.5 64.286 0.00 0.50 0.5 2.0 0.8 4.3 5.0 1.0 16.8
            Perkins-vs. Boston 4 34.8 6.5-14.8 44.068 2.0-5.3 .381 2.0-2.5 80.000 0.25 2.50 2.0 3.0 1.3 3.3 4.5 0.3 17.0
            These numbers aren't bad against your opposition that can stop Bargni. Look at the Lakers they have the most imposing front court in the league
            vs. LA Lakers 2 38.0 7.5-17.0 44.118 1.5-6.0 .250 5.0-5.5 90.909 0.50 1.50 1.0 2.5 1.5 6.5 8.0 0.5 21.5
            Sorry but it looks like Andrea scores pretty consitently against everyone
            Bargnani played pretty well against Charlotte (hard to say against Chandler, since Chandler played in only 2 of the games, and played only 23 mpg. He hit below his seasonal averages in ppgs and rpg against Atlanta, and shot below his seasonal average from the field.

Besides, I'm not sure how you can bring up the teams he actually played half decent against and then claim that he scores consistently against everyone.

- Against Chicago, he shot under 40% and scored 14.3 ppg.
            - Against Denver he shot 37% and scored 13 ppg
            - Against Houston he shot 43% and scored 14 ppg
            - Against Memphis he shot 35% and scored 12 ppg
            - Against Milwaukee he shot 30% and scored 10 ppg
            - Against New Jersey he shot 43% and scored 13.5 ppg.

And that just brings us to the `N's.

You can't simply pick and choose the stats that seem to support your argument and ignore the rest.

Are you sure we're the one's whose minds are already made up? Because it seems to me that you are purposely ignoring evidence that disproves your theory.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              statistcally bargs is a much more efffective player than bosh ever was.
              Can you actually back this up, because I've never seen any evidence to support this?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

"You can't simply pick and choose the stats that seem to support your argument and ignore the rest.

Are you sure we're the one's whose minds are already made up? Because it seems to me that you are purposely ignoring evidence that disproves your theory. "
                I actually gave you more proof then in you've given. The fact is that were more right then you and apollo are. Scoring isn't the problem here its defense and i've said that over and over. The real question is will Toronto become a better defensive team without Bosh.

Comment

These are the people apollo said can guard Bargni:
                  "Thank you.

Chandler, Horford, Noah, Perkins, Dalembert, Nene, Brook Lopez. All backed up by stats if need be."
                  So their we go these guys can't really guard bargni. I think the best ones for guarding Bargni are Noah and Nene because they're fast enough to keep bargni in front of them. These are two of the best defensive big men in the league.

Comment

Lol

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    statistcally bargs is a much more efffective player than bosh ever was.
                    As far as I can see Bosh has a much more superior FG%, he gets to the line far more often, makes more assists, grabs more rebounds on both sides of the court, has a neutral A/T(Bargnani's is negative), averages more blocks, averages more steals, averages less fouls, has a PER that makes Bargnani's look pathetic, has a much higher TS%, has a much better offensive rating and a better defensive rating. Please explain your statement.

Chris Bosh Stats
                    Andrea Bargnani Stats

Comment

How can you lie so blatant. "Averages more blocks" then bargni. Doesn't bargni average1.39 blocks a game and Bosh .97 blocks a game. So how does Bosh average more blocks? Its called being a team Apollo. Bosh was the franchise guy so he got all the touches. Apollo are you Raptors fans or are you Bosh fans because if your not a Raptors fan please don't post because it sure sounds like you've stopped supporting the raptors same with raptorsforever.

Comment

IT looks like your right on one point. Bosh certainly averages more turnovers a game Bosh 2.4 turnovers a game compared to Bargnis 1.5 turnovers a game.

Comment

IT looks like your right on one point. Bosh certainly averages more turnovers a game Bosh 2.4 turnovers a game compared to Bargnis 1.5 turnovers a game.
                          Bosh's net difference between turnovers and assists is neutral where as Bargnani's is negative. What would you rather have, less turnovers but a net negative or more turnovers and a net positive?

Comment

You get your points accross and i will get my points but the real answer will come during season. So if you have enough testicular fortitude we can place a friendly bet on who has a better season statistically this year. I will take Bargni and you can have big bosh man. WHO ever loses has to setup a forum praising the other as the Raptor GURU and explain to everyone how wrong their view was. Will you take the bet??

Comment

Why would I do that. For one, how do we determine who finishes "statistically" better. On top of that Bosh now is the third option, he's not going to get as many looks as Bargnani. Not a fair bet. What I would be willing to bet is that Bargnani does not surpass Bosh's numbers last season. That would be a fair bet and make more sense.

Comment

Not really. Bosh was in a contract year. Bargni isn't and is one year younger then Bosh was last year. But we can bet that Bargni has better stats then Bosh two years ago. Does that work for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X