Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Patterson

Face it, without Patrick Patterson, our bench is only Grevais Vazquez and maybe just maybe Steve Novak. The rest are useless even Hansborough when it comes down to production. My question is when will Patterson return to the lineups, is Casey trying to rest him for the playoff or what. I mean, we are not 100% sure we will hold down the Atlantic division when the Nets are gaining up on us so what are we gonna do to secure the 3rd Spot. I mean, today's win over the Hawks was effort in the 4th quarter but we can't just rely on the starters.

You finally post something other than ridiculous trades eh?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      Face it, without Patrick Patterson, our bench is only Grevais Vazquez and maybe just maybe Steve Novak. The rest are useless even Hansborough when it comes down to production. My question is when will Patterson return to the lineups, is Casey trying to rest him for the playoff or what. I mean, we are not 100% sure we will hold down the Atlantic division when the Nets are gaining up on us so what are we gonna do to secure the 3rd Spot. I mean, today's win over the Hawks was effort in the 4th quarter but we can't just rely on the starters.
      He's suppose to be reevaluated in 7 days. I'm not too sure when that is. It should be soon. But yea right now our bench is literally only Greivis. If he plays bad we get zero production. Tyler is playing like shit lately. Other than rebounding he isn't really doing anything else well. He's been struggling to hit free throws lately and he's missing easy shots in the paint. And then Casey is an idiot and doesn't know how to use Novak, so Novak is doing nothing for us either. And then we all know how worthless Hayes and Salmons are right now. Patterson better be able to come back when they reevaluate him this time because watching our bench play like shit and lose us leads and momentum is getting too stressful lol. Also watching Casey try all these different idiotic lineups is even more frustrating. One guy gets injured and Casey's IQ goes from a 0 to a -10 lol.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

In terms of the bench, I kind of want to see what it would look like with Vasquez and De Colo on the floor together.
        I mean, Vasquez isn't really living up to the whole pass-first point guard label, so why not have him play off the ball with De Colo as the primary ball handler for the second unit?
        Now whether Vasquez is capable of being effective without the ball in his hands is a different story.
        Either way, 2 Pat can't come back any sooner.
        OG is our king

Comment

my only fear is if ppat comes back from injury like salmons did with just exhausted, rusty bad form.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            In terms of the bench, I kind of want to see what it would look like with Vasquez and De Colo on the floor together.
            I mean, Vasquez isn't really living up to the whole pass-first point guard label, so why not have him play off the ball with De Colo as the primary ball handler for the second unit?
            Now whether Vasquez is capable of being effective without the ball in his hands is a different story.
            I really want to see that too. But it looks like De Colo is in the lineup now so we should get to see it soon.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              my only fear is if ppat comes back from injury like salmons did with just exhausted, rusty bad form.
              He will definitely be rusty, but after 3-4 games he should be fine.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                You finally post something other than ridiculous trades eh?
                Can't make trades now anyways, granted, tenforthewin wouldn't care, with trades as ridiculous as his, maybe the NBA will waive the trade deadline just for the Raps to make 1 deal, LOL.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  Yeah I feel like Vasquez would be pass first but on the bench he figures who's he going to pass to that's good?

The fact he shoots a lot in the 4th with the starters sort of discounts that but he's been hitting them recently so it's all good

Comment

The Raps bench right now is Vasquez, Hansbrough, Fields and De Colo.

Greivis is obvious. I don't understand why Hayes has taken tylers minutes. Fields is an upgrade over the Salmons we have seen for the last 8-10 games and De Colo is better than the rest of the field. These last four should round out Casey's 9 man rotation, in my opinion. Having said that, he must be seeing something completely different in practice to make the substitutions he does. I'm not seeing vets making excellent decisions with the ball, so why not go with higher level talent and Bball IQ.

Comment

Patersons elbow injury won't have stopped him from putting in the work to maintain his endurance. Admittedly any kind of endurance training other than playing ball at a high level is not going to be the same as playing ball at a high level, but considering he is only coming in for 6-8 minutes of playing time each substitution, he should be fine....unless he's been sitting around putting on weight. Not likely given what we have seen of his personality and attitude.

I'm predicting he is good to go energy wise right out of the gate. His shooting may need some patience.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        The Raps bench right now is Vasquez, Hansbrough, Fields and De Colo.

Greivis is obvious. I don't understand why Hayes has taken tylers minutes. Fields is an upgrade over the Salmons we have seen for the last 8-10 games and De Colo is better than the rest of the field. These last four should round out Casey's 9 man rotation, in my opinion. Having said that, he must be seeing something completely different in practice to make the substitutions he does. I'm not seeing vets making excellent decisions with the ball, so why not go with higher level talent and Bball IQ.
                        These days I feel a lot better when I see Hayes in rather than Hansbrough. Hans is too wild, he'll hustle harder for the board but I feel like Hayes gets better positioning so it seems like less effort and Hayes plays within his limits, he rarely does anything boneheaded and does a lot of little things on D.

To me Hansbrough is like that guy making a lot of noise at the gym while working out so everyone thinks he's killing it, while Hayes is quietly breathing in and out in rhythm and doing a much better job without anyone paying attention.

Comment

Patterson's injury is a bit of a mystery to me. It was to/in his elbow area and I thought it would be a few days kind of thing. Does anyone know if he got hit on it or something internal eg. infection, wear&tear...nerve...?

Comment

For scoring, yes I agree the bench needs PP back, but you have some good defenders on the bench which are valuable for the style of game the Raptors play. Opposing bigs don't enjoy playing against Hayes or Hansborough.

Comment

Fields/DeColo may bring something to the party-but your right, he core of this team+main bench is 7 man deep.

Comment

Working...
                              X