TERRIBLE coaching/game management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaworski wrote: View Post
    Casey in interviews I've noticed only has good things to say about his players. He never disrespects them in public. His players may like him for this... but they may take it for granted. Maybe Casey's got to start bashing his players in the media. Maybe that will get this team fired up. Maybe he needs to hold them accountable for their actions and call them out. I don't know. These players have got to keep "pounding the rock".
    Whatever happened to holding players accountable for their actions or lack there of?

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
      Fans blamed Mitchell - then got excited about Triano, untill the team went down the toilet. Then got excited about Casey, who played and approached the game similar to Mitchell no less, and now are blaming him. Perhaps its time to look at the players and the guy whose assembing these teams.
      For the record I never liked Triano and was never excited. I agree it's something that perhaps the GM needs to take the fall for. I wonder if this idea of playing fast is BCs idea. Casey slowed it down and made players accountable last year. So far this run n gun "style" is looking a lot like JT's Raptors and not the team we could all be relatively proud with last year (ie they defended and brought it despite a joke of a roster).
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

JV would have been very useful in their zone defense..

But I agree with Craiger, we need to stop blaming the coaches, and start looking at the product on the floor

Comment

I don't think it was coaching this time though. The Raps had a good first quarter. The second unit was simply there to shut down Philly while the starters rested. Since the second unit couldn't buy a bucket, it affected their defensive play. Scoring 7 points in the quarter was awful but I attribute that to giving up 32 points. The team is still trying to "catch up" to Casey's defensive schemes. They simply have to work harder defensively.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            For the record I never liked Triano and was never excited. I agree it's something that perhaps the GM needs to take the fall for. I wonder if this idea of playing fast is BCs idea. Casey slowed it down and made players accountable last year. So far this run n gun "style" is looking a lot like JT's Raptors and not the team we could all be relatively proud with last year (ie they defended and brought it despite a joke of a roster).
            This team doesn't have the hustle and heart like Boston's. I mean, bust you butt on D and then run the floor for O. The team needs to catch up to the coach IMO.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balancing development of a young team with trying to win isn't easy. Most teams can't do it. Especially when you lack elite talent.
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                What gets me the most angry about this game is that Casey was ignoring Kleiza (arguably the 3rd best offensive player on the team) until AA went down. Even when he was on the floor after that he got o shots. I can't believe McGuire (0-2) got more shots than Kleiza. I don't even know what the hell to say about Lucas. He was off the whole fucking game but he was allowed to shoot (1-7). Casey is doing an utterly terrible jobs handling the O.
                Kleiza's been playing passively. He didn't get shots because he didn't go get them.

Also, he was a game-worst -20 in only 12 minutes on the court, and he looked it. He looked like the worst player on either team last night.

Comment

Late to chime in on this topic but agree with majority of the posts. JL3, Anderson and Gray (unless Howard, Bynum type match up) should be berried on the bench unless it's a blow out. Major minutes for Lowry, Dre and Demar. Bench guys every night should be Jose, Ross, Amir and Ed making it a nine man rotation. Depending on match ups (LBJ, Melo, Durant) I'd play McGuire and for games they need some scoring punch I'd put Kleiza in. Enough of this house league kids basketball where everyone plays in the first quarter shit.

Comment

Working...
                  X