The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Honestly, regardless of the Raps' depth at SG, the SG talent in this draft just seems underwhelming. Even the higher end talents like Young, Stauskas, Harris just don't seem like the sort of pieces I'd want on the team (with maybe the exception of Stauskas). Worst case scenario for me is that SG's start dropping in the draft and we end up forced to take one of them. Would much prefer a big, PG or SF, as there are several intriguing all-around prospects at those positions at our draft spot.
    Yeah I'm still confused as to why Ujiri said there was a lot of talent at the 2.

Comment

• Making them stay away from the other positions?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        Yeah I'm still confused as to why Ujiri said there was a lot of talent at the 2.
        When you look at he guys that could be considered 2 guards there are a bunch that could be very good.

Exam
        James Young
        Stauskas
        Harris
        Lavine
        Hariston
        Jordan Adams
        Bogdan Bogdanovic
        CJ Wilcox

All some guys with first round consideration, I am not saying they will all be good, but there are a few guys with lots of upside and a few guys that could surprise.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          When you look at he guys that could be considered 2 guards there are a bunch that could be very good.

Exam
          James Young
          Stauskas
          Harris
          Lavine
          Hariston
          Jordan Adams
          Bogdan Bogdanovic
          CJ Wilcox

All some guys with first round consideration, I am not saying they will all be good, but there are a few guys with lots of upside and a few guys that could surprise.
          Sure, but on that list the only guys I would actually be excited about drafting (even at 20) are Exum, LaVine, and maybe Stauskas. And the first two are tweeners who consider themselves PG's. The rest just have so many holes in their games, and don't seem to have that one ELITE talent that makes those holes easier to overlook.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            So now we're believing GMs during draft season?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              So now we're believing GMs during draft season?
              Yeah, hopefully a Colangelo-style smokescreen.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                The band wagon I am currently on for our 1st Rounder are elfrid Payton , adrien Payne , jermain grant , kyle Anderson .

What band wagon u guys on?
                in our draft "range" i like Early the most still. KJ mcdaniels is VERY intriguing. kind of reminds me of a wing version of Lillard to an extent, in the sense he's extremely efficient and comes from a small school. the production is definitely there too. i like Jerami Grant too but i think he's more of a project whereas MU seems to take guys who can come in and contribute right away.

as i said, if Lowry walks then Payton is definitely an option but for some reason i can see MU move up for Ennis. dude is just so much better.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Spencer Dinwiddie

Any way we can take a second round shot at this kid? I like his confidence!
                  http://www.libertyballers.com/2014-n...ers-mock-draft

Comment

• Yoshi wrote: View Post
                    Any way we can take a second round shot at this kid? I like his confidence!
                    http://www.libertyballers.com/2014-n...ers-mock-draft

He would be great as a 2nd rounder for sure.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• What are your ideal draft scenarios? be logical (read: no ennis at 20)

20: Payne
                      37: Po, Dinwiddie
                      58: Ejim, Bachinski

Case 2

20: Grant/McDaniels
                      37: Young/McGary
                      58: Ejim
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        What are your ideal draft scenarios? be logical (read: no ennis at 20)

20: Payne
                        37: Po, Dinwiddie
                        58: Ejim, Bachinski

Case 2

20: Grant/McDaniels
                        37: Young/McGary
                        58: Ejim
                        20: Payton/Ennis
                        37: Inglis/Dinwiddie
                        59: Bachynski

20: Porzingis/Capela
                        37: Inglis/Dinwiddie
                        59: Carson/Brown

20: McDaniels
                        37: Stokes/Tavares
                        59: Carson/Brown
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• just reading some mock drafts and apparently mcdaniels and early are considered late round picks now? weird.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            just reading some mock drafts and apparently mcdaniels and early are considered late round picks now? weird.
                            Haven't they always been?

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                              What are your ideal draft scenarios? be logical (read: no ennis at 20)
                              People keep saying this, but Ennis regularly drops to 20 or below in a lot of mocks; his stock isn't declining but GMs and scouts are doing the "I love this athletic kid, we can teach him all the things" to other prospects. It's not impossible at all for him to drop to 20, especially if Chicago takes Elfrid Payton at #16 as their new backup PG.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Sure, but on that list the only guys I would actually be excited about drafting (even at 20) are Exum, LaVine, and maybe Stauskas. And the first two are tweeners who consider themselves PG's. The rest just have so many holes in their games, and don't seem to have that one ELITE talent that makes those holes easier to overlook.
                                C.J Wilcox is an ELITE shooter
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X