Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Broussard: Sources say Clippers dangling 1st round pick from Minny to Denver for Gallinari. Pick is Top 10 protected in 2011, unprotected in 2012. about 9 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz1EhkVYk2j

I think it is safe to say if there is any truth to this we can stop speculating Gallo to TO.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Chris Broussard: Sources say Clippers dangling 1st round pick from Minny to Denver for Gallinari. Pick is Top 10 protected in 2011, unprotected in 2012. about 9 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz1EhkVYk2j

I think it is safe to say if there is any truth to this we can stop speculating Gallo to TO.
      If that is the case that pick will be a lottery pick in 2012 for sure, I don't see Minny having that type of turnaround next season. The Heat pick is a very late first rounder, even if we include a player with the pick I can't see anyone on our roster we can give up that would make them do the deal.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        He is 22 years old and 7'1 what are you expecting from a kid who left school early and got drafted in the second round? There are next to no players drafted in the second round who are impact players in their first year. And the joke is that even right now he is a better defender than our starting center. The reality is that Toronto is not going to win a championship without defense so right now the raptors need to get these defensive players a bit of offense which will allow them to play in triano offensively gear system.

Let's say you are right and alabi does nothing in this league we need to find that impact player on the defensive side so until we have that player we should not be in no rush to go out and get another scorer
        Most second round players never amount to anything. If they can land a significant upgrade in talent by tradings a late first rounder and a guy taken in the second round who is so raw that it's impossible to predict how he may turn out then I think that trade would need to be made regardless of team needs. A rebuilding team should be focused on stockpiling the best talent possible. Doing that allows for the best returns later when it's time to round out the team and fill in the gaps. A guy like Solomon Alabi should not be an untouchable player. He's not a better defender than Bargnani right now. He can't score the ball. What he is right now is raw athleticism with great size. He has a long way to go. I am not writing him off but to suggest he's a better defender than Bargnani right now is ridiculous. The guy can't even impress enough to stay out of D-league, let alone even earn occasional junk time for the Raptors. Where has he shown he's a better defender than Bargnani? College? It's not comparable at all.

Comment

I agree with u for the most part but I am not sure you realize how bad bargain D is lol

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Most second round players never amount to anything. If they can land a significant upgrade in talent by tradings a late first rounder and a guy taken in the second round who is so raw that it's impossible to predict how he may turn out then I think that trade would need to be made regardless of team needs. A rebuilding team should be focused on stockpiling the best talent possible. Doing that allows for the best returns later when it's time to round out the team and fill in the gaps. A guy like Solomon Alabi should not be an untouchable player. He's not a better defender than Bargnani right now. He can't score the ball. What he is right now is raw athleticism with great size. He has a long way to go. I am not writing him off but to suggest he's a better defender than Bargnani right now is ridiculous. The guy can't even impress enough to stay out of D-league, let alone even earn occasional junk time for the Raptors. Where has he shown he's a better defender than Bargnani? College? It's not comparable at all.
            Totally agree, except maybe the part about his athleticism. He has a huge wingspan and height, but I'm guessing my Grandma Mollie has a higher vertical leap. And she's been dead for 20 years.

Comment

I believe the more plausible deal to be made with Denver is for Mozgov (the centre). There could be a deal there if Nene is re-signed. Miami's 1st or Alabi (the Masai connection) plus expiring might get it done.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I believe the more plausible deal to be made with Denver is for Mozgov (the centre). There could be a deal there if Nene is re-signed. Miami's 1st or Alabi (the Masai connection) plus expiring might get it done.
                I believe they're looking to Mozgov as a possible "security blanket" if Kenyon Martin doesn't re-sign as well. TM and Nene up front would a VERY gritty, tough 4-5.

Comment

I don't think K-Mart is in the plans there now. I would not be surprised if he were moved before the deadline. I don't think he will want to sign with a rebuilding team when he could go to a place like San Antonio or Boston or Miami or Dallas or even NYC.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I believe they're looking to Mozgov as a possible "security blanket" if Kenyon Martin doesn't re-sign as well. TM and Nene up front would a VERY gritty, tough 4-5.
                    I don't think they're willing to move Mozgov unless there's another team that's hot on his trail. The Nuggets were insistent that he was in the package, to the point where they were willing to pull the plug if he wasn't involved.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I don't think they're willing to move Mozgov unless there's another team that's hot on his trail. The Nuggets were insistent that he was in the package, to the point where they were willing to pull the plug if he wasn't involved.
                      From some of the stuff I have read Denver wanted immediate draft picks which NY did not have but NJ did. Insisting on Mozgov could have been because they already had a buyer for him for a 1st. This could be with NJ actually as some rumors indicate. Denver played it well I think...the pressure was more on NY not to scuttle the whole deal for Mozgov rather than on Denver (imo). In anycase I think Denver will be doing more for sure before the deadline.

Comment

ESPN Update:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6145912

While Broussard reported that the New Jersey Nets might try to acquire Gallinari after striking out on Anthony, there are several other interested teams with first-round draft picks to offer in exchange for the perimeter-shooting forward. Other potential suitors include the Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors.

Comment

Exactly what did I say that was hateful?
                          Why do you want him traded? His potential is worth keeping him around more then what we are going to get in return in a trade for him.

Comment

They have DeRozan, Barbosa, Bayless and Calderon at the guard spots. They're covered and Weems has been exposed this year by his poor shot selection and inconsistency. Why not trade him if it leads to a better player with more potential? That's the question.

Comment

Gallo? Another non defending, overrated, volume shooter? No thanks.

Other than basketball I can't stand the retarded look on his face all the time. His game is kinda coming around but I don't want one Bargs much less 2.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

They have DeRozan, Barbosa, Bayless and Calderon at the guard spots. They're covered and Weems has been exposed this year by his poor shot selection and inconsistency. Why not trade him if it leads to a better player with more potential? That's the question.
                                Like who? Weem is a great at running the fast break, he can rebound and pass decently, he's young and we can get him for pretty cheap. With have coaches who can improving his shot, look at DD and Amir for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X