Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Honestly though, wtf do we do with Bargnani? Even when he was playing well, I was leaning towards traded him, but now I almost think that it's necessary because keeping him looks like a very high risk thing, if you want him to even sniff those 13 games again.

Hopefully we win the lotto, and Unibrow makes it a no-brainer for BC.

"Immigrants! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears I knew it was them!"

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      so we hate him again? like a bunch of 15 year olds in a relationship.
      I don't hate him. I'm just really disappointed. He has shown what he is capable of. There is no one that can stop Bargnani except Bargnani.

I hope he can take a page from David Lee's book, via HoopsHype.com:

Now’s about the time you’d expect a sore knee to crop up for Warriors forward David Lee.

The seventh-year veteran came to the Warriors hoping his days of meaningless end-of-season basketball were over. Having spent five years playing out the string in New York, and having his postseason hopes dashed last year, Lee finds himself once again with nothing tangible to play for.

What’s more, two of the starters he’d grown used to playing with are now in Milwaukee, another is on the shelf with ankle problems, and the big man he’s longed to play alongside is out until next year. Who could blame Lee for wanting to shut it down, too?

Well, he doesn’t.

“At this point,” Lee said after Tuesday’s shootaround, “it’s about continuing to demand respect by playing hard night in and night out.”

Instead of being fed up with having to do it again, Lee said past experience has helped him to cope. Rather than being inspired by the pursuit of playoffs, Lee is driven to protect his reputation. Rather than throw in the towel until next year, Lee said he’d rather set the tone for next year by finishing hard.

This is what Lee does.

“I was always known inNew Yorkbecause of situations like this where you had to finish out the year strong,” Lee said. “I’d come out and continue to play hard and do my job and be known as a pro and a guy with professionalism. That’s what I want to continue to do here and continue that reputation.”

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012...r-lost-season/

Comment

A 15-year old would be smarter than waiting 6 years...

Comment

• Well he hasn't played in a full month i don't care who you are but your going to be rusty when you don't play for an extended period of time and especially if your coming off an injury. He'll be back to IL Mago in a couple of games, hopefully against NY i want to see us crush Lin.

Comment

• Actually, he's played 8 games since the injury. That's a full pre-season's worth of contests.

Comment

• Typically he doesn't enter the pre-season coming off an injury which caused him to be inactive for two months.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Typically he doesn't enter the pre-season coming off an injury which caused him to be inactive for two months.
                Inactive? He was in the pool (kidding)

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Inactive? He was in the pool (kidding)
                  Here is one of his sessions:

Not a lot of basketball going on in the water.

Comment

No, at least not me. I was happy for him during that stretch (and pretty impressed) but remained pretty skeptical that he could keep it up.

Seriously, w/o hate or anything, even factoring in rust, his play on the court is extremely worrying. He looks like old Bargnani, and that's probably (based on 5 years of prior evidence) how he's going to stay. I don't want to wait until next season, either, for what should be obvious reasons. He's still got a lot to prove in my eyes.

But I'm worried mostly because I can't even fathom BC moving him.

Comment

• IMO, there's no way BC considers moving him. The calf injury is a built-in excuse to keep "evaluating" Bargnani next season.

Comment

• Casey can only do so much, it's up to Bargnani to find his way and work to be back at the level he was when he played those 13 games..

He is out of shape right now due to the injury, and being away for almost 2 months, it's like starting a new season for him WITHOUT training camp, so I'm not too worried, except for the fact his defense has been abysmal, BUT he does to other things when his offense isn't going right. I.e vs. Chicago season high 6 assists...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Here is one of his sessions:

Dude uses too much hair gel.

Comment

• Anyone Willing To Trade Bargs?

I don't know if he's ever going to become that consistent 20pt and orb guy in this league, feel like he always needs to be a secondary scorer. So would anyone trade him if they could?
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• If it includes a draft pick to secure Anthony Davis than sure.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I meant 20 pt and 7 rb** and ye i'll +1 that
                                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Working...
                                X