Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down with the trade if the Raptors got Courtney Lee
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I'm down with the trade if the Raptors got Courtney Lee
      Tbh I don't mind taking back his deal either. We'd be capped out anyway, and he's a great player to have on the team. Prototypical 3+D guy.

Comment

he can't shoot the 3 ball and is a horrible three throw shooter for the pg position, you need your pg to knock down clutch three throws and three pointers instead of missing them (3 pt percentage is 24% and his three throw percentage is 62%)and since hes injured do u really want dj agustine or dwight buycks to start at pg

Comment

pauljondy wrote: View Post
          he can't shoot the 3 ball and is a horrible three throw shooter for the pg position, you need your pg to knock down clutch three throws and three pointers instead of missing them (3 pt percentage is 24% and his three throw percentage is 62%)and since hes injured do u really want dj agustine or dwight buycks to start at pg
          Tbh I agree with you that as currently assembled Rondo isn't the best fit for us at PG.

But here's the thing, say we get Rondo, win 45-50 games and he and Gay make the All-star team.

Now all of a sudden there's a REASON for other players to want to sign with us, or sign an extension after being traded here.

Comment

i just looked at his three throw attempts and he only shoots 2.4 per game so he is not just bad at shooting free throws he's also bad at getting to the line, although like u wrote he might give all-star free agent a reason to sign with us,but he doesn't fit the team u can't just make a team that all do the same thing on offence,ie score from inside the arc and can't shoot the 3 ball because teams will sag off and guard the mid and paint and we'd have the same problem the pistons will most likely have

Comment

pauljondy wrote: View Post
              i just looked at his three throw attempts and he only shoots 2.4 per game so he is not just bad at shooting free throws he's also bad at getting to the line, although like u wrote he might give all-star free agent a reason to sign with us,but he doesn't fit the team u can't just make a team that all do the same thing on offence,ie score from inside the arc and can't shoot the 3 ball because teams will sag off and guard the mid and paint and we'd have the same problem the pistons will most likely have
              To be fair, I understand what you're saying about defenses sagging in on the rest of the team, but Rondo is a top tier facilitator, he gets people the ball in the right spots. He won't necessarily be counted on to score the ball because of the team make-up. Derozan, Gay and Valanciunas should all average 15+ ppg this season and that's with Kyle Lowry running the show. Another thing that seperates Rondo from Lowry is defense. Though Lowry is no slouch as a defender, Rondo is easily a top 3 defender at his position. (Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook come to mind as the other two) After years of watching other team's players blow by Jose, it would be great to see Rondo stop the opposing team's guy for a change.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                Tbh I agree with you that as currently assembled Rondo isn't the best fit for us at PG.

But here's the thing, say we get Rondo, win 45-50 games and he and Gay make the All-star team.

Now all of a sudden there's a REASON for other players to want to sign with us, or sign an extension after being traded here.
                A reason is not good enough. Need several..
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  A reason is not good enough. Need several..
                  One reason is better than no reason is it not?

I worded it wrongly, but if Rondo and Gay are all-stars and Valanciunas is a rising all-star, that's actually more than 1 reason to want to play for our team.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                    One reason is better than no reason is it not?

I worded it wrongly, but if Rondo and Gay are all-stars and Valanciunas is a rising all-star, that's actually more than 1 reason to want to play for our team.
                    I think they need to draft a star. Like a superstar that was born and bred a raptor. Kind of like Vince was. Technically not drafted by toronto. But he started a raptor and became a superstar a raptor.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      I think they need to draft a star. Like a superstar that was born and bred a raptor. Kind of like Vince was. Technically not drafted by toronto. But he started a raptor and became a superstar a raptor.
                      And how will you guarantee that we acquire such a player and don't end up drafting someone worse than the players we already have?

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                        And how will you guarantee that we acquire such a player and don't end up drafting someone worse than the players we already have?
                        How will i hwat??Guarantee?

How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

Get out of here with your trick questions and traps.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                          How will i hwat??Guarantee?

How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

Get out of here with your trick questions and traps.
                          It's not a trick question.

What method is there that would guarantee we can acquire such a player?

Or hell maybe not even guarantees, but gives us a realistic chance and/or puts the odds in our favour to land a superstar.

EDIT: Let's do some hypothetical math here

There's probably one superstar in every other draft, or maybe 2 in every 3 drafts. So let's say the chance of a superstar being in any given draft is about 66%.

Now most of the time... I don't have a percentage for this and it's not always, but most of the time to get the superstar in a draft you need the #1 pick. This is especially true when there is a clear-cut consensus #1 player in the draft (Davis, Kyrie, Dwight, LeBron, Yao, DRose, etc)

Now let's assume the Raptors can tear the roster down and make the team as bad as Utah, Phoenix, Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento and maybe Milwaukee. So for argument's sake let's say that's 7 teams including Toronto with equal capability of finishing last in the NBA. So the odds of Toronto getting that last place spot are around 14%.

Now if we do get that last place spot, the chance of getting the #1 pick is 25%. To be nicer about this, let's renege on what we said earlier and say we only need a top 3 pick. So assuming we can get that last slot, the odds of us getting a top 3 pick are 64.3%. Giving us the chance to potentially land a superstar player.

If all these things come into place we have:

Odds of a superstar being in the draft: 66%
                          Odds of finishing last place: 14%
                          Odds of getting a top 3 pick: 64.3%

0.66*0.14*0.643 = 0.059.

So based on this we'd have a 5.9% chance of landing a superstar in the draft.
                          Last edited by Xixak; Wed Aug 7, 2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Theres no method that would guarantee anything. Theyre all flawed. You know that. That is why its a trick question.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                              It's not a trick question.

What method is there that would guarantee we can acquire such a player?

Or hell maybe not even guarantees, but gives us a realistic chance and/or puts the odds in our favour to land a superstar.

EDIT: Let's do some hypothetical math here

There's probably one superstar in every other draft, or maybe 2 in every 3 drafts. So let's say the chance of a superstar being in any given draft is about 66%.

Now most of the time... I don't have a percentage for this and it's not always, but most of the time to get the superstar in a draft you need the #1 pick. This is especially true when there is a clear-cut consensus #1 player in the draft (Davis, Kyrie, Dwight, LeBron, Yao, DRose, etc)

Now let's assume the Raptors can tear the roster down and make the team as bad as Utah, Phoenix, Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento and maybe Milwaukee. So for argument's sake let's say that's 7 teams including Toronto with equal capability of finishing last in the NBA. So the odds of Toronto getting that last place spot are around 14%.

Now if we do get that last place spot, the chance of getting the #1 pick is 25%. To be nicer about this, let's renege on what we said earlier and say we only need a top 3 pick. So assuming we can get that last slot, the odds of us getting a top 3 pick are 64.3%. Giving us the chance to potentially land a superstar player.

If all these things come into place we have:

Odds of a superstar being in the draft: 66%
                              Odds of finishing last place: 14%
                              Odds of getting a top 3 pick: 64.3%

0.66*0.14*0.643 = 0.059.

So based on this we'd have a 5.9% chance of landing a superstar in the draft.
                              loooooooooooool, this man replies with a whole 12 paragraphs xD
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                                loooooooooooool, this man replies with a whole 12 paragraphs xD
                                More like 12 line breaks. That's probably 2 paragraphs.

Comment

Working...
                                X