No announcement yet.

ESPN 5 0n 5 Rookie Rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, who would I rather have: a 19 year old 7 foot centre with good offensive skills and good rebounding, or a 21 year old small forward who can't shoot?

Tricky.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      Washington is smart, they drafted two SFs, Vesely and Singleton, that are good at what they do.

I see Singleton having a better career than Vesely down the line.
      Unfortunately they're also bad at what they don't do.

I don't think drafting two players who play the same position in the first round is smart. Especially two who can't shoot or handle the ball very well. How exactly do they compliment Wall?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
        Hmm, who would I rather have: a 19 year old 7 foot centre with good offensive skills and good rebounding, or a 21 year old small forward who can't shoot?

Tricky.
        Well when you put it that way....
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          lol

Vesely = Joe Alexander
          JOE MAD

Comment

Joe can jump so high. If only such and such had happened. If only...

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Maybe we should be question Wall's athletic ability, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usyNyn9Ang8
            Was he throwing wrong handed for extra challenge?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately they're also bad at what they don't do.

I don't think drafting two players who play the same position in the first round is smart. Especially two who can't shoot or handle the ball very well. How exactly do they compliment Wall?
              Though I do completely agree that their strategy is a little odd; Singleton isn't a complete liability shooting the ball from Range.
              He shot 37% on 1.3 makes per game last year at Florida.

But his defense is what is going to keep him around for a LONG time.
              A small forward that can play Lockdown D, compliments anyone on the floor.
              He may not compliment Wall nicely on the offensive end, but I can imagine JW appreciates the hustle Singleton will bring on the other end, covering Walls man on the Pick and Roll.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Though I do completely agree that their strategy is a little odd; Singleton isn't a complete liability shooting the ball from Range.
                He shot 37% on 1.3 makes per game last year at Florida.

But his defense is what is going to keep him around for a LONG time.
                A small forward that can play Lockdown D, compliments anyone on the floor.
                He may not compliment Wall nicely on the offensive end, but I can imagine JW appreciates the hustle Singleton will bring on the other end, covering Walls man on the Pick and Roll.
                I don't have a problem with them drafting Singleton, per say, but drafting him after drafting Vesley makes little sense. If he was head and shoulders the best player available, then that would be fine, but he's not. And surrounding Wall with a bunch of mediocre to poor shooters is not a good plan.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X