Talented Toronto Can Go Deep in the Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talented Toronto Can Go Deep in the Playoffs

Ugh ... this guy should stick to betting day by day instead of making long term predictions.

The Toronto Raptors are currently in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and have a great chance of making the playoffs. Team leader Chris Bosh has just returned to the team after missing seven games through injury. Bosh remains one of the elite players in basketball averaging over 24 points per game and 11 rebounds. He is a free agent at the end of the year and a good playoff run will increase his bargaining power enormously .

Yet, the Toronto rotation did an outstanding job without him, winning three vital games to maintain their playoff hopes and giving hope to supporters that the Raptors can have an impact this year. During that great run, they really should have beaten the Cleveland Cavaliers last month when leading in the fourth quarter. They made a couple of crucial errors late in the game which cost them dearly.

This may not be the most fashionable NBA franchise but they do have some very talented players in the rotation. Toronto picked up Hedu Turkoglu from Orlando last summer which has added another dimension to this team. I was surprised Orlando released the gifted Turkoglu as he is very effective inside the paint and shoots the ball well. He averages over 12 points per game and his playoff experience will be huge asset if Toronto makes the post-season.

Centre Andrea Bargnani is having an excellent year for Toronto and his average has climbed to just over 17 points per game. Bargnani has a solid mid-range jump shot and is a powerhouse underneath the basket. The Italian is one of the most improved players in basketball and this has been a contributing factor to the success of this team.

And now that the great Bosh is back I believe the Raptors could put together a good run to propel them in to the post-season.
    Many people think the NBA finals will be contested by Los Angeles and Cleveland. According to the current prices on offer most punters agree with that assessment but I think this year has been one of the most competitive seasons in a long time and no single team has managed to truly dominate in either Conference. The Toronto Raptors are one of many teams who have a chance of winning the East. I await the playoffs with interest.
    Source - Click here

I love the Raps just as much as the next hardcore fan but...the Raps having a chance of winning the East?! Hahahahah lmao!

That would be my wet dream come true.

Comment

I love the raps. But that's a stretch, even for me.
      Scott.
      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Getting out of round one may be too much...

Comment

I think this numbnuts might have been watching the Orlando Magic and just somehow got them confused with the Raps.

There's one thing in that monologue that checks out. There does appear to be a city in North America called "Toronto".

Comment

I learned something from this article:

1) Never take betting advice from that guy

2) He obviously never watched the team play and is relying on team reports and stats.

Comment

"Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!! , u talkin' playoffs!!!!!!...............playoffss!!!!!"

Comment

I love him calling Bargs a powerhouse underneath the basket. That killed me. The only thing powerful about Bargs game down low is the stench that keeps him from rebounding.

Last night proved we can play with anybody. If only Hedo would fall on his poorly crafted Turkish sword, we could stop playing short handed every fourth quarter. He's like a bad toast at a wedding, his lingering presence is suffocating the rest of the party.

Comment

Is this fellow shilling for a betting outfit?

Must be trying to drum up some action on the Raps.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                    I love the Raps just as much as the next hardcore fan but...the Raps having a chance of winning the East?! Hahahahah lmao!

That would be my wet dream come true.
                    dude, never again.

tmi. take out wet thats just tmi.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                    X