No announcement yet.

Raps uniforms are ugly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the annual jersey thread! There's nothing I love more when dudes that live in their mom's basement and/or 40 something year olds that dress business casual when they're not even at work comment on fashion. The same goes for sports writers.

I'm sorry but the truth is the greater majority of hardcore sports fans have pretty bad fashion sense. Sorry I said it.

Personally I think the Raptors name and logo is so bad it's good. I bought one of those 'retro' (yeah it was called retro) purple hats with the original Raptor logo this year and I get an insane amount of compliments on it. I honestly think they'll be wearing that jersey again soon, probably not permanently but a few night a year. The 90's are in now, the 80's are done, son.

FWIW I think the new Nuggets and Cavs jerseys are pretty nice. And the new Nets jerseys are pretty bad-ass. I'm also a believer or not changing your logo every 10 years.

Anyway, it's all opinion.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I thought our jerseys were cool

Comment

Yeah apparently they will. Don't know why. If they are going to wear non huskies retros I'd like to see the hideous originals with the "pin stripes".
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Tried to pull off something what I would like to see, thanks for project thirty four for awesome jersey stock.

after spending 4 hours on these, this is where I got lazy, some flaws visible.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I like the blue ones but having the claw instead of the old raptor logo. And I like the first ones too
            Last edited by wallz; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Tried to pull off something what I would like to see, thanks for project thirty four for awesome jersey stock.

after spending 4 hours on these, this is where I got lazy, some flaws visible.

The first one looks fantastic. I'd be happy if it was our real one. Good job.

Comment

Y'all are lame. The Purple jersies with the raptor on them were awesome!

Comment

When I think purple I think of tinki winky and what the Rev Jerry Fwhat's his name said about that partciular tella tubby.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

lol, these were hideous! It's something Flava Flav would design.

Comment

+100
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

People nowadays really like minimalistic jerseys, everybody's gashing that brooklyns new jerseys are so nice, but they're black and white, nothing original about that, I would rather see the raps playing in those jerseys than black and white ones

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                          People nowadays really like minimalistic jerseys, everybody's gashing that brooklyns new jerseys are so nice, but they're black and white, nothing original about that, I would rather see the raps playing in those jerseys than black and white ones
                          I agree with you about disliking the current minimalist trend, but those old Raptors jerseys were downright hideous! Barney the dinosaur on steroids, floating in a deep purple haze wasteland, caged in by either barbed wire or lightning bolts??? Plus, I count 5 different colors (black, white, purple, red and gray)... and why are the "T" and "S" capitalized? It was such a mish-mash, based on an overhyped movie that had no relevance to Toronto!

There's got to be a happy medium between the two!
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Oct 25, 2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I agree with you about disliking the current minimalist trend, but those old Raptors jerseys were downright hideous! Barney the dinosaur on steroids, floating in a deep purple haze wasteland, caged in by either barbed wire or lightning bolts??? Plus, I count 5 different colors (black, white, purple, red and gray)... and why are the "T" and "S" capitalized? It was such a mish-mash, based on an overhyped movie that had no relevance to Toronto!

There's got to be a happy medium between the two!
                            LOL, I never noticed the capitalization before. Now I hate these jerseys even more.

And what's with the mini triangles above the last name? Looks like a giant eyebrow. Is a gray-haired Bart Simpson about to peek through?

Man, those jerseys were awful (on so many levels).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              LOL, I never noticed the capitalization before. Now I hate these jerseys even more.

And what's with the mini triangles above the last name? Looks like a giant eyebrow. Is a gray-haired Bart Simpson about to peek through?

Man, those jerseys were awful (on so many levels).
                              I always thought they were supposed to be dinosaur teeth, but to me it reminded me more of the spikes on the back of a stegosauras... which was odd, since we're specifically the Raptors...

Comment

What's REALLY funny is that new archeological evidence suggests that velociraptors (in addition to many other dinosaur species) were actually feathered creatures, looking more like giant, flightless birds.

I'm glad we don't have an ostrich on our chests....

Comment

Working...
                                X