Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuban's too busy with Shark Tank these days
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Cuban's too busy with Shark Tank these days
      Ya, he seems pretty infatuated with just pissing off the other sharks. Makes for good tv
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Blazers Looking To Deal #10?

Portland isn't currently enamored by any one player and if they were drafting today they'd deal the pick. And to that, I'd encourage the Blazers to take a look in the mirror and acknowledge they're among the thinnest teams in the NBA. If they don't recognize that there's someone in this draft -- yes, even available 10th -- who can help coach Terry Stotts win, then this franchise must be disillusioned.

Here's hoping the Blazers are bluffing.
        Source: Oregonlive.com

So now that's the Blazers at #10 and the Mavs at #13.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Source: Oregonlive.com

So now that's the Blazers at #10 and the Mavs at #13.
          The big question is what would it take to pry this pick from the Blazers?

Comment

I think the first question is would it make sense for the Raptors to try and get the pick? (ie: is there anybody there that they would want?)

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think the first question is would it make sense for the Raptors to try and get the pick? (ie: is there anybody there that they would want?)
              Yeah, there are couple of players that could interest Ujiri and the Raptors. Mostly PG's like MCW, Larkin, Schroeder. Muhammad could be available at 10. Adetokounbo and Saric are two interesting prospects.

Saying that, we don't have the asset to trade for Portland's 10th overall pick. And no i'm not trading DeRozan or Ross or Amir for Portland's 10th.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Yeah, there are couple of players that could interest Ujiri and the Raptors. Mostly PG's like MCW, Larkin, Schroeder. Muhammad could be available at 10. Adetokounbo and Saric are two interesting prospects.

Saying that, we don't have the asset to trade for Portland's 10th overall pick. And no i'm not trading DeRozan or Ross or Amir for Portland's 10th.
                I think Amir for Portland's 10th pick is probably what they want. Portland love their bigs. But the problem is that Portland would probably call Phoenix for Gortat in exchange for the 10th pick and that is a better trade for Portland.

Comment

Ujirir is a smart guy, he stated he values the draft picks BC assembled. Really looks like we'll be establishing a team of starters all from draft picks imo

Drafted guard
                  Ross
                  DeRozan
                  vet Big
                  JV

Bench

Vet Guard
                  Drafted SG
                  Vet
                  Amir
                  Vet

I can see him moving Rudy Gay,Lowry etc to build his own young team.

Comment

Dario Saric changed his mind and will not participate in this years draft, which is probably not the greatest choice, because he probably can't expect to be picked any higher next year.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                      Dario Saric changed his mind and will not participate in this years draft, which is probably not the greatest choice, because he probably can't expect to be picked any higher next year.
                      That is good news for those hoping Dallas trades their #13.

Comment

• Myck Kabongo with the 13, we need a guard if Lowry doesnt pan out or have Lowry off the bench.

I'd post Trey Burke but the kid is too sick. hes going top 5 probably 1 or 2 depending on what Cleavland decides to do.

Comment

• Fuck it heres Trey Burke! kids going to be rookie of the year next season BOOK IT!

Comment

• Tying in Weltman with the #13 pick:

Rumors began to circulate at last month’s pre-draft camp in Chicago that an NBA team “promised” it would select Schröder if he entered the draft. The team most frequently associated with the “promise” was Boston. The Celtics have the 16th overall pick.

Yet, even if the Celtics made a guarantee to draft the talented and athletic Schröder, there aren’t any guarantees he’ll even be on the board for them. That’s because several teams drafting in front of Boston have more than a passing interest in the 19-year-old German, including the Milwaukee Bucks, who pick one spot ahead of the Celtics.

The Bucks have been closely monitoring Schröder’s development for almost a year. Schröder said Bucks general manager John Hammond and Bucks player personnel director Dave Babcock both had seen him play last season in Germany.

Furthermore, Hammond and Jeff Weltman, the Bucks’ assistant GM, got an up-close-and-personal look at Schröder several weeks ago at the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Ore. That’s where Schröder wowed virtually every NBA official in attendance with his myriad talents and athleticism.

That show-stopping performance prompted Schröder’s draft stock to soar. There is a consensus among NBA officials Schröder will be a fringe lottery selection. Based on his workout schedule, there isn’t any reason to believe otherwise.

Schröder said he intends to audition for only three more teams before heading back to Germany. Those teams are Boston, Dallas, which has the 13th pick, and Utah, which has the 14th pick.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...a4bcf887a.html

Comment

• Does that mean they're looking at potentially moving Rondo? The implications to Rondo interest me much more.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Myck Kabongo with the 13, we need a guard if Lowry doesnt pan out or have Lowry off the bench.

I'd post Trey Burke but the kid is too sick. hes going top 5 probably 1 or 2 depending on what Cleavland decides to do.
                                Kabongo's stock has dropped to late first round- second round pick. 13 is a reach for him. He won't be a starter ever and there would be much better players(including pg's)available.

Comment

Working...
                                X