Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you realistically see as the Point Guard of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PG of the future must pass first

As we all continue to talk about who our next PG should be one thing is certain...IMO

HE MUST BE A PASS FIRST PG

This is why I say this...

JV - All indications are he thrives in pick n roll
    AB - One of the better pick n pop players in the league can roll as well
    AJ - thrives in pick n roll
    DD - succeeds most coming off screens an as a cutter. Hard time getting his own shot
    can knock down the open jumper during drive and dish scenarios
    JJ - (see DD)
    LK - good target on the drive and dish - good low post target on a mis match.

I really think that Bayless is not the man to maximize the raptors talents. I also think that's why they look a LOT better with Calderon running the show.

Bayless would thrive on a team like the Orlando Magic where Turk can facilitate from the wing. A player like Bayless requires having that wing facilitator to take the play making load off his shoulders.

The current Toronto Raptors are not constructed with his strengths in mind.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

i think more than anything they should be able to defend but im not running the team so...
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

true...between James Johnson, Amir Johnson and JV some mistakes can be erased and a PG could be compensated for defensively if they made up for it every where else
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If Bayless stays I would love to see him accept the 6th man role

Comment

Why in the world would you be bringing in anyone to compliment guys like Kleiza, Johnson, Amir or even Derozan? This team sucks. The roster sucks. You don't pass on a terrific lead guard cause he doesn't mesh well with Amir Johnson - you just get rid of Amir Johnson. Problem solved. There isn't one player on this team that should affect any future decision-making, other than Valanciunas, who is an elite prospect. Otherwise, just bring in better players via whatever means necessary and if they don't mesh with the current guys, you get rid of the current guys.

Comment

It would be ridiculous to not build around Bargnani and Valananciunas strengths.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                i think more than anything they should be able to defend but im not running the team so...
                I don't know if you disagree with the poster, and I agree with you, but I think this season has shown how coaching and effort matter a lot for D. Calderon has started most games for us, and we've jumped from last to middle in D. So maybe the new PG should be able to do both, that way with this system on D he'd have a big impact, and with our personnel he could mesh well on O. And no, I have no idea who that could be.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  Why in the world would you be bringing in anyone to compliment guys like Kleiza, Johnson, Amir or even Derozan? This team sucks. The roster sucks. You don't pass on a terrific lead guard cause he doesn't mesh well with Amir Johnson - you just get rid of Amir Johnson. Problem solved. There isn't one player on this team that should affect any future decision-making, other than Valanciunas, who is an elite prospect. Otherwise, just bring in better players via whatever means necessary and if they don't mesh with the current guys, you get rid of the current guys.
                  A harsh reality.... but true nonetheless. This is a .340 winning team and only won 22 games last year. Jack has said numerous times on broadcasts there will be signiificant changes next year. Not saying he is god-like in his knowledge but surely he hears more on the inside than any of us would.

A points to add:

JV is good in the pick and roll, as is Amir. Anyone working to JV's strengths should be able to do the same for Amir. The odd man out is Davis in my opinion.

Comment

The pg of the future must be awesome
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      The pg of the future must be awesome
                      Maybe one of the Avengers.

Comment

• I'd love to see the Raptors flip Amir or Davis, along with both 2nd round picks, for a late lottery pick to grab Marshall as the PG-of-the-future. He certainly fits the preferred floor general, pass first description we seem to want in our PG-otf. He would have a year (at least) to learn the role while backing up Calderon (or a slightly older, better, Canadian version of our man Caldy).

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Maybe one of the Avengers.
                          I'd be up for bringing in Hawkeye Thor and Hulk seem more like Power Forwards to me

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            A harsh reality.... but true nonetheless. This is a .340 winning team and only won 22 games last year. Jack has said numerous times on broadcasts there will be signiificant changes next year. Not saying he is god-like in his knowledge but surely he hears more on the inside than any of us would.

A points to add:

JV is good in the pick and roll, as is Amir. Anyone working to JV's strengths should be able to do the same for Amir. The odd man out is Davis in my opinion.
                            This team as currently constructed is closer to a 500 team then this season would show.

Comment

• Well thats going to be hard unless we get another pick to grab Marshall.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                This team as currently constructed is closer to a 500 team then this season would show.
                                Coulda, woulda, shoulda..... bah. Every team has endured the same circumstances and schedule. Every team endures injuries (except maybe Phoenix). The Raptors are what they are right now.

Key words were "right now". I am very optimistic about next year assuming this off season BC takes advantage of the flexibility he has to upgrade the roster via draft, trade, and free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X