• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Trade Proposal

Raptors get: Paul George, George Hill, Darko Milicic

Indiana gets: Calderon, Terrence Ross, Derrick Williams

Minny gets: Bargnani

I think that is realistic and good for all three teams. And I would pull the trigger today.

Very interesting considering Milicic was on Boston this season before leaving the team last week to go over-seas. If you aren't going to pay attention to the league, then you probably shouldn't be posting things.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Very interesting considering Milicic was on Boston this season before leaving the team last week to go over-seas. If you aren't going to pay attention to the league, then you probably shouldn't be posting things.
      Ok relax Axel, I missed that. He was just for salary matching purposes anyway, so replace him with another player that works. How about you take your meds next time before you reply to a post.

Comment

Sorry dude, i agree with Axel. This will probably help www.ESPN.com

Comment

Isn't there a trade forum?

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
            Ok relax Axel, I missed that. He was just for salary matching purposes anyway, so replace him with another player that works. How about you take your meds next time before you reply to a post.
            I am quite relaxed. No caps, no exclamation marks, nothing over the top. Point remains; bush league thread.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This is a terrible trade....Why would Minny want Bargs when they have Kevin Love, a big man who shoots the 3 AND rebounds?
              Why would Indy want Calderon and two unproven youngsters when they already have a team pretty well built for the playoffs (they might do it if they didn't have to lose Hill in the trade)?

Anyway, Bargs does look like it might be time for him to go, or at least go to the bench. I don't believe he would do very well in a bench role in Toronto ( I could be wrong) because I think he'll become even more indifferent if he's demoted here.

I really really think we should be calling LAL now about Gasol and start laying the foundation, maybe for a multi-team trade, where they send Bargs to LA. He would fit in perfectly in D'Antoni's system, and they already have a big to run the pick'n roll with in Howard who also is the best rebounder in the game, so if you're going to risk putting Bargs next to someone, that's the guy.

LA gets: Bargs and Gray...most would assume Ed/Amir, but with Jordan Hill and Antawn Jamison, what LA will really need if they lose Gasol is more size, and that's Gray. Also, aside from Howard helping to compensate for Bargs' shitty rebounding, it tends to not matter as much in D'Antoni's system. For what it's worth, trading someone like Kleiza or Fields in the package would work straight up.

Toronto gets: Gasol...gives us a true post player who knows how to pass the ball, and can thus serve as an actual go to player in the post for us. It's definitely a risk with his sudden knee issues, but I'd still take him starting 1/2 or 2/3 of possible games than the way Bargs is playing now for every game. He would mesh well with our shooters by initiating our inside-outside game, be able to hit JV, Ed and Amir with cuts in the paint, and actually rebound like a big man, which would give us 4 good rebounding bigs for the first time ever!!! We don't get anything else, but who knows what would happen if another team or two get involved. Maybe we'd even get an upgrade, even just a bit of one, at the SF position.

I don't know what else it will take for this deal to work. There may need to be one or two other teams involved, especially if picks or money are demanded by either TO or LA. I don't think TO would make it a dealbreaker, but I can see them asking for one since they traded away what could be their pick this year. Not sure LA would care either since it can be hard to fit rookies into contenders, which they clearly want to be for another couple of years.

Comment

what about this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bl8ed6c

would be very good for the Lakers and also good for the Raps.
                Gasol could teach a lot to JV and gain some respect from the referee for the Raps,some defense upgrade over Bargnani. Impossible?

Comment

Put that into your mind, Indiana won't never trade Paul George. He's a stud.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I am quite relaxed. No caps, no exclamation marks, nothing over the top. Point remains; bush league thread.
                    I'm with Axel on this one...

Comment

This Trade works because everyone wins......Clips can start Hill or BArnes to balance out the starting 5 get a great facilitaor with calderon and a second option on the second unit with bargs alongside Crawford ....toronto gets a back pg and talented one at that with bledsoe and a starting caliber SF in Butler and a ok Pf with Odom ....... http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bq92q2h

Comment

makes sense for the raptors.

We get Paul George who could start at SF for us, a bigger T-Mac/Rudy Gay in the making while George Hill is an instant upgrade at the backup 2 for us. Instead of Milicic, i would like to see Ridnour.

Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
                        Derozan/Hill/Anderson
                        George/Fields/Pietrus
                        Davis/Kleiza/Acy
                        Val/Amir/Gray

Comment

Working...
                        X