Is Lowry a Top 10 Pg in the NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quirk wrote: View Post
    The only PG clearly better than Lowry (not counting potential) is Chris Paul. Lowry is solidly in a group of at least 6 players in that second tier.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    I would say Westbrook and Curry are also clearly better.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      I just really wish he was 23 years old only, sigh.
      He would get so much money though.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        I would say Westbrook and Curry are also clearly better.
        I dont know about "clearly better" but i think if Lowry was given the same opportunities as Curry and Westbrook, i think he'll be right up there with these two guys, or maybe even slightly better. The biggest edge i would give Lowry over these two, is defense. And probably the ability to run a team, which Lowry wasnt good at all before, but now he's gotten very capable.
        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Jun 10, 2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          I dont know about "clearly better" but i think if Lowry was given the same opportunities as Curry and Westbrook, i think he'll be right up there with these two guys, or maybe even slightly better. The biggest edge i would give Lowry over these two, is defense. And probably the ability to run a team, which Lowry wasnt good at all before, but now he's gotten very capable.
          Westbrook is every bit as good on the defensive end as Lowry if not better because of his ability to also guard shooting guards effectively due to his size and length.

Curry's potency on the offensive end is so overwhelming that it nullifies the fact that Lowry is a better defender. We're talking about a guy that throws up EIGHT threes a game that are usually off the bounce and heavily contested and still hits them at a better clip than Lowry (42% compared to 39%).

Lowry is a great player, but let's not start being silly and saying he's better than guys like Curry and Westbrook just so we can feel good.

Comment

Wow. John Wall gets a lot of love. I think he's overrated.

Paul
            Westbrook
            Parker
            Lillard
            Lowry
            Rondo
            Curry
            Dragic
            Bledsoe
            Wall

Comment

I mean, I love Lowry and all, but he's definitely not better than Curry. I would trade him in a second if it meant getting Curry.

Hell, i'd trade him for Rondo. I think he's interchageable with Bledsoe and Dragic also.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                I mean, I love Lowry and all, but he's definitely not better than Curry. I would trade him in a second if it meant getting Curry.

Hell, i'd trade him for Rondo. I think he's interchageable with Bledsoe and Dragic also.
                I would never trade lowry for rondo. Most overrated piece of shit ever he just he passes well and played with 3 future hofs. He's got no shot. I'd take anyone on that list over rondo
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LygpxtCdY

Comment

I think Lowry was definitely a top10 PG this past season. Overall, career wise, no, but last season I would say for sure. His impact on the floor was incredible, and he affected just about every aspect of the game. He scored, and often got very timely baskets for the Raps, he defended well, rebounded great, passed the ball well, took countless charges and was the clear leader of the group. His aggressiveness and bulldog mentality was adopted by the team, that no quit attitude I'm sure extended from Lowry's personality. One could probably argue that Lowry was the best overall PG in the league last year, or at least second to Paul. He does so many things that a guy like Curry don't or can't do.

Ranking these guys is tough to do because ultimately one starts to weight specific skills more than others, and what is more important, passing, scoring or defending? It's very subjective and how a particular PG plays is dependent upon style of team play, roster makeup, coaching etc. On a different team, Lowry may look like a much more potent offensive player because he would need to be. Dragic may play like a more traditional PG if the Suns didn't need him to be such a integral scorer.

Personally, I tend to value more traditional PG's, guys that are offensively gifted but not dominant, and can affect the game in a variety of ways. Guys that can run a team and are willing passers. Westbrook I have issues with. He looks for his shot too much, but this could be a result of OKC's style of offense. I really think he should be a SG. Curry, probably the best shooter in the game and second in assists last year, but still I'm not convinced I'd take him. Again, maybe just the way GSW plays, and given that Curry is their best offensive weapon, it makes sense that the offense revolves around him. But I'm just not convinced that he could run a team with a variety of options and an offense that doesn't revolve around him. Also, guys like Curry and Lillard have sketchy defense.

I like PG's that are emotional and strategic leaders on the floor. Guys that recognize the mismatches and and work to exploit them. Lowry fits the bill IMO. As does Paul, and guys like Conley and Teague. Parker too. I have always undervalued Parker as a PG, but I feel he is probably top5. Very smart player and great system guy, and his numbers are probably deflated because he has spent his entire career in the unselfish, team and family oriented Spurs organization.

If I were to build a team right now, I'm not sure I'd take a Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, or Irving over a Lowry, Conley, Wall or certainly Paul.

Comment

Working...
                    X