Daron Bavis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daron Bavis

100% Agree. Do you think we could peel away the 1st overall pick also? Because that would be sweet. Also, if we could dump Bargnani and pick up Varejao in the process that would be sick too. Where MultiP been at recently?

Also, for all those who have been suggesting that we could trade Calderon, for Flynn and the #2 pick, need to get off that pipe. If you think we are going to move up in the draft, get 2 picks in the top 5, giving up only Jose and whatever shit else is on this roster (unless you give up DD and / or ED), unlikely.

What
    ?

PS. ED, DD, #5 for Dwight.
    (Not my idea, stole it from ((I think)) an Arsenalist post)

Road to a Championship my friends...
    Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Sat May 21, 2011, 01:22 AM.

dude, pipes are so 90s. There are vaporizers now.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Way to flaunt the rookie status.

Comment

lmao

Comment

Davis has the potential to be a top three pg in the league if he wants to be. The Raps need a true point guard to set up these youngsters on the fly. If we ever want to be an elite team in the east we need an elite pg. I definately think we could nab Varejao in the process.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
            The Raps need a true point guard to set up these youngsters on the fly.
            How is Jose Calderon NOT a true Point Guard, Nick?

Comment

For all the flack Jose gets, he has the attributes that elude a lot of point guards. It would be nice if Jose's strengths could rub off on Bayless.

Would be awesome, if Jose could enter a mentorship phase in his career and excel at it. I think at this point in his career, if he wants to be around this game, he can pad his resume quite well by making sure that the point guards closest to him look better than usual. I am not sure if reality is on the menu for Jose yet, but if he wants it, a guy of his talents can more than hang around this game as a source of wisdom.

In the coming season, he can look at his individual minutes, or he can look at his effect, and I think the later is very palatable for Jose (from what I know of him).
              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sat May 21, 2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

The reason most folks don't like Jose is A) His contract(not his fault) and B) His defensive liabilities.

If he was getting paid $4-5 mil a year coming off our bench, I'm pretty sure everyone would love him. His defense could be hidden a little better when he's not playing the top PG's in the league, but rather their backups. In fact I believe he'd pretty much dominate most other backups. Just my opinion.

He will become a solid backup for a few years to come wherever he ends up.

Comment

Sorry for coming off like a sarcastic jerk (which I am). I actually like Davis. He is another guy who is hated on for not living up to a contract the Clippers shouldn't have offered. But it is because of that contract that most people would scoff at the idea of pursuing Davis in a trade. Would I rather have Davis and Varejao than Calderon and Bargnani? I guess, but then our cap situation would have even less flexibility. As for Minnesota, any deal for their 2nd pick would require either our #5 this year, or a future 1st rounder. Unless the future pick is lotto protected (See Clippers 2011 1st round pick), not worth it.

Comment

Alright, this is the #1 search result on Google for Daron Bavis

Comment

It is a known fact that Raptors Republic is first and foremost in round the clock coverage of Daron Bavis. You want to know where Bavis will be playing ball next season, you need to get with the Republic. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Donnie Brasco wrote: View Post
                        Where MultiP been at recently?
                        He got banned months ago, for being too funny.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          How is Jose Calderon NOT a true Point Guard, Nick?
                          Yah your right, Jose is a great pg who has consistantly been in the playoffs...

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            Yah your right, Jose is a great pg who has consistantly been in the playoffs...
                            Do you realize that it's possible to be a TRUE PG, without being a GREAT PG? Calderon clearly fits that bill.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Alright, this is the #1 search result on Google for Daron Bavis
                              Haha I was wondering if anyone was going to point that out
                              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                              X