Your opinion of the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    Its salary based on the next BRI and the previous BRI. Clearly with nothing happening at this precise moment any BRI doesn't exist, but one will and did and both the owners and players are basing salaries on it. Come on now stop distracting.

Its not like a break down was because the players 'gave in' and the owners decided that was not enough anymore. The players offered a 0.5% decrease owners said 50/50 or the talks end, and the talks ended.

If I send my son to bed unless he eats his peas, and he says fine I'm going to bed... can I walk proud as "the boss"?
    Guess what he'll have for breakfast: peas.

Guess what the owners will offer the players in a couple of months: 50/50.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Random question, can i watch raptors games on TSN/raptors tv online if i log on to rogers on demand? My friend said he can watch jays and leafs games.
      there are means of watching these games through methods that may only be legal in poverty stricken eastern european countries..... just sayin.

i havent had cable in years. hell, most tv shows are streamed live by somebody these days. networks shouldn't care, because you're still watching their commercials... you'd only be stickin it to rogers/bell... and really... im pretty sure we can all agree... F#$& THEM

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        there are means of watching these games through methods that may only be legal in poverty stricken eastern european countries..... just sayin.

i havent had cable in years. hell, most tv shows are streamed live by somebody these days. networks shouldn't care, because you're still watching their commercials... you'd only be stickin it to rogers/bell... and really... im pretty sure we can all agree... F#$& THEM
        hahahaha

i dont have cable either. Rogers charges $80 a month for 1000 channels, 500 are in languages i cant understand, 200 are duplicate channels, 250 you need to pay extra to watch.

problem with streams is youre at the mercy of the person broadcasting, i remember the ATL game where Bosh had the game winner, as soon as the shot went up, the dumbf**k turned the stream off.

Comment

hahahaha

i dont have cable either. Rogers charges $80 a month for 1000 channels, 500 are in languages i cant understand, 200 are duplicate channels, 250 you need to pay extra to watch.
          ya... and then when you realize you only actually watch like maybe 5 or 6 of those channels ever... and half of those you can get for free anyways... in HD no less!... really makes you question what you're paying rogers for

Comment

ya... and then when you realize you only actually watch like maybe 5 or 6 of those channels ever... and half of those you can get for free anyways... in HD no less!... really makes you question what you're paying rogers for
            I'm with Bell and I can't complain at all.

I pay $120 a month for Satellite and Internet. (Was like $70 a month for the first year.)

That includes NBATV Canada, All SportsNets, All TSNs in HD.
            And Full Stable of HD Channels, plus Discovery HD and NatGeo HD. (Completely addicted to these two.)

But here's the kicker .. my Satellite box has a built in DVR .. greatest Invention EVER.
            Can record up to 200 hours of SD Quality, and 30 hours of HD.

I tell anyone that'll listen, that I used to be with Rogers and will NEVER go back. Bell is Fantastic.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I'm with Bell and I can't complain at all.

I pay $120 a month for Satellite and Internet. (Was like $70 a month for the first year.)

That includes NBATV Canada, All SportsNets, All TSNs in HD.
              And Full Stable of HD Channels, plus Discovery HD and NatGeo HD. (Completely addicted to these two.)

But here's the kicker .. my Satellite box has a built in DVR .. greatest Invention EVER.
              Can record up to 200 hours of SD Quality, and 30 hours of HD.

I tell anyone that'll listen, that I used to be with Rogers and will NEVER go back. Bell is Fantastic.
              for the most part... i've been pretty happy with rogers.. oddly enough... i just found cable tv in general pretty useless for me... there were points where i'd notice that i havent watched anything other than breakfast television for a few weeks straight... breakfast television is free in HD!

what are the internet usage limits on bell like?

i'm pretty close to the end of my rogers contract... i gotta leverage free stuff out of them

Comment

and vote for my dog people... me and the evil ex are in a neck in neck race... seperated by like 14 votes.. \/ \/ \/

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  And that right there sums it up.
                  20 years ago, you would never have had top stars in their prime looking to team up together.
                  I keep hearing former players say that but it's not true. Barkley and Clyde wanted to team up with Hakeem in Houston and got their wish, Hill and Tmac teamed up. But especially if you go back a bit further the league was smaller and you had multiple Stars/superstars on one team so there was less "need" to team up because the GMs were able to build deep, talented teams.

Jordan/Pippen/Rodman,
                  Zeke/Dumars/Big Bill,
                  Magic/Worthy/West/Kareem,
                  Bird/Mchale/Parrish,
                  Payton/Kemp,
                  Allen/Big Dog/Cassell
                  Malone/DrJ/Leo/Mo Cheeks
                  Run TMC

Todays league is watered down and I very much wish they'd contract. Ditch Sac and NOH or ATL.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

for the most part... i've been pretty happy with rogers.. oddly enough... i just found cable tv in general pretty useless for me... there were points where i'd notice that i havent watched anything other than breakfast television for a few weeks straight... breakfast television is free in HD!

what are the internet usage limits on bell like?

i'm pretty close to the end of my rogers contract... i gotta leverage free stuff out of them
                    I don't do alot of downloading, so I've never really reached my limit, but I think I've got 30 gigs?
                    But I can only ever download at like 250kps, which can get a little frustrating, but like I said, I don't do alot of downloading.

Its fast enough for anything worth doing online ... haha

I won't ever complain about download rates though, because I was one of the ones that would spend a whole day downloading ONE song. haha I know how far we've come.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      I don't do alot of downloading, so I've never really reached my limit, but I think I've got 30 gigs?
                      But I can only ever download at like 250kps, which can get a little frustrating, but like I said, I don't do alot of downloading.

Its fast enough for anything worth doing online ... haha

I won't ever complain about download rates though, because I was one of the ones that would spend a whole day downloading ONE song. haha I know how far we've come.
                      lol... my downloads would scare the living crap out of you.... at any given time i have 20-30 active torrents of perfectly legal software purchases.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                        I keep hearing former players say that but it's not true. Barkley and Clyde wanted to team up with Hakeem in Houston and got their wish, Hill and Tmac teamed up. But especially if you go back a bit further the league was smaller and you had multiple Stars/superstars on one team so there was less "need" to team up because the GMs were able to build deep, talented teams.

Jordan/Pippen/Rodman,
                        Zeke/Dumars/Big Bill,
                        Magic/Worthy/West/Kareem,
                        Bird/Mchale/Parrish,
                        Payton/Kemp,
                        Allen/Big Dog/Cassell
                        Malone/DrJ/Leo/Mo Cheeks
                        Run TMC

Todays league is watered down and I very much wish they'd contract. Ditch Sac and NOH or ATL.
                        Clyde was traded by Portland and Barkley By PHX at a time when their team had reached its max potential and the star players were starting to decline.

Barkley and Clyde were both traded to Houston where they never won the championship - much like Payton and Malone didn't get it with the Lakers.

All of those lines ups your mentioned - which were great - were all put together by teams management through draft or trades as you mentioned.

The difference today is players are holding teams hostage for the PLAYER's best interests (money and location), not the former team or league. As a fan I have an issue with that. If I was an owner I would have an issue with that too.

As for contraction, I don't think it is necessary but I would not shed a tear if it happened. I'm fairly neutral on that.

Comment

lol... my downloads would scare the living crap out of you.... at any given time i have 20-30 active torrents of perfectly legal software purchases.
                          hahaha i love how you emphasized "perfectly legal" hehehe
                          i use newsgroups. look it up guys. way better than torrent for a very nominal fee.
                          $120 might be reasonable for cable and internet, but you wont ever catch me paying that much. im cheap, very cheap yes. To me, $120 is just too much to pay monthly to watch TV and use the internet.
                          I pay $40 for internet, 300gb dl/ul per month, 1.5Mbps. Teksavvy, best thing in the market today.
                          I mooch off of my aunt in cali for directv. so its free.

Comment

hahaha i love how you emphasized "perfectly legal" hehehe
                            i use newsgroups. look it up guys. way better than torrent for a very nominal fee.
                            $120 might be reasonable for cable and internet, but you wont ever catch me paying that much. im cheap, very cheap yes. To me, $120 is just too much to pay monthly to watch TV and use the internet.
                            I pay $40 for internet, 300gb dl/ul per month, 1.5Mbps. Teksavvy, best thing in the market today.
                            I mooch off of my aunt in cali for directv. so its free.
                            a ladyfriend has been bugging me for ages to switch to teksavvy, but ive been very resistant.... but times are changing... i go over my 100 gig allowance almost EVERY month.. downloading those perfectly legal webisodes and such... you know.. the perfectly legal internet content that in no way breaks any international copyright laws..

i just dont like their ads... with that dude who looks like he should be the villian in a jean claude van damme movie.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Clyde was traded by Portland and Barkley By PHX at a time when their team had reached its max potential and the star players were starting to decline.

Barkley and Clyde were both traded to Houston where they never won the championship - much like Payton and Malone didn't get it with the Lakers.

All of those lines ups your mentioned - which were great - were all put together by teams management through draft or trades as you mentioned.

The difference today is players are holding teams hostage for the PLAYER's best interests (money and location), not the former team or league. As a fan I have an issue with that. If I was an owner I would have an issue with that too.

As for contraction, I don't think it is necessary but I would not shed a tear if it happened. I'm fairly neutral on that.
                              I agree. Even the boston 3 isnt comparable to the miami 3. Youve never had 3 current Top 20 players join together. And i hope never again.

I dont want a contraction, mainly because im more of a team oriented guy rather than individual talent. im fine with 1 or 2 superstars in one team.

Comment

a ladyfriend has been bugging me for ages to switch to teksavvy, but ive been very resistant.... but times are changing... i go over my 100 gig allowance almost EVERY month.. downloading those perfectly legal webisodes and such... you know.. the perfectly legal internet content that in no way breaks any international copyright laws..

i just dont like their ads... with that dude who looks like he should be the villian in a jean claude van damme movie.
                                i used to pay rogers the penalty for going over my limit. it sucked. it used to be unlimited then they started putting a cap on it. i guess they were losing millions over the billions and trillions that theyre already making. douches.

initially, it was a bit tricky with teksavvy since what they do is ride rogers/bell connections, but once you get over the kinks, smooth sailing from there buddy....

hahaha i get you, perfectly legal. much like barely legal.

Comment

Working...
                                X