Noel Out for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel Out for the Season

Nerlens Noel will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.

Noel suffered the injury on Tuesday in Kentucky's loss to Florida.

Noel has been widely expected to be one of the first players selected in the 2013 NBA Draft.

Noel was initially supposed to be in the incoming freshman class of 2013, but reclassified for 2012.

Link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-With-Torn-ACL
    That's rough. One of the players projected as possibly the number 1 pick in the draft next year and he's out for the rest of the season. It's always sad to see such promising players get injured so early in their life. Hopefully he doesn't drop too much in the draft...

OK, I'll be the one to say Noel should do the rehab and return for another season as a Wildcat. Great group of recruits coming in next season btw.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      OK, I'll be the one to say Noel should do the rehab and return for another season as a Wildcat. Great group of recruits coming in next season btw.
      I dont think so, he is a lock to be a top 5 pick if he rehabs properly so i dont see him going back to college and passing up that much money, plus kentucky isnt a program that keeps its top tier freshmen for another year.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
        I dont think so, he is a lock to be a top 5 pick if he rehabs properly so i dont see him going back to college and passing up that much money, plus kentucky isnt a program that keeps its top tier freshmen for another year.
        It's a shame that if Noel drops to say fifth pick from potentially being first, that means he has dropped millions in guaranteed salary.

As much as I love NCAA basketball ANDREW WIGGINS SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER NOT PLAYING NCAA HOOPS NEXT SEASON!

Injury Raises Questions About Insurance for College Stars

Comment

It's a shame that if Noel drops to say fifth pick from potentially being first, that means he has dropped millions in guaranteed salary.

As much as I love NCAA basketball ANDREW WIGGINS SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER NOT PLAYING NCAA HOOPS NEXT SEASON!

Injury Raises Questions About Insurance for College Stars
          I would like more players going to euro leagues and maturing as men and not being pampered and threated like mega-stars in college if they would have been one and done in college, living on their own can really improve some of theese guys maturity, plus the level of competition is much better

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
            I would like more players going to euro leagues and maturing as men and not being pampered and threated like mega-stars in college if they would have been one and done in college, living on their own can really improve some of theese guys maturity, plus the level of competition is much better
            I hear what your saying but going to Europe to play has the same injury risk and not that much $$$ to show for it. Brandon Jennings made around $235,000 for his one season in Italy. For it to be worthwhile for Wiggins, I'm thinking it would have to be in the millions of dollars. Would any Euro team ante up that kind of bread for a one and done season?

Comment

I hear what your saying but going to Europe to play has the same injury risk and not that much $$$ to show for it. Brandon Jennings made around $235,000 for his one season in Italy. For it to be worthwhile for Wiggins, I'm thinking it would have to be in the millions of dollars. Would any Euro team ante up that kind of bread for a one and done season?
              They wouldnt get that much money, but the insurance is much better there and players would get a head start in maturing as players playing against grown men, plus it is exremely benefitial fo players who like to attack the rack, because its harder to do that in europe so they could mold different parts of their game and when they come to the NBA it would be much easier to slash and attack

Comment

Working...
              X