Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five inexpensive options for the raptors on d

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=381703

Nice idea. Fill the empty roster spots with low salary guys who can play some D so Casey has possible subs when he feels like puking at the effort he sees on the floor under his own basket.

I admit I don't know most of these suggestions well enough to have an opinion, but the idea of having guys who can at least demonstrate what Casey is trying to get across during team practices is nice. And maybe the "all defensive team" during practices would shame some of the other guys into picking it up a little.

Comment

I like the idea of Mo Evans. He could theoretically backup SG, ad even start at SF

Comment

I've been wanting BC to sign Jason Collins. Cheap under the radar guy we can pick up, plays good D and is a good veteran. He could even play backup once JV comes over. Mo evans would be a good pickup as well, help us with the 3 pt shooting.

Comment

I cannot think of any possible reason we would want any of those guys except Jason Collins.

Comment

Aren't we completely forgetting about Alabi? I think he warrants a look this season after his recovery from his knee problems. Reports are he looks good.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Aren't we completely forgetting about Alabi? I think he warrants a look this season after his recovery from his knee problems. Reports are he looks good.
              He's not capable of starting though. Signing a cheap Vet Like Jason Collins is a great idea because he can play like 28 - 30 mins and still give Alabi about 18- 20 mins of playing time.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                He's not capable of starting though. Signing a cheap Vet Like Jason Collins is a great idea because he can play like 28 - 30 mins and still give Alabi about 18- 20 mins of playing time.
                If we signed Collins I don're see any way he'd be playing 28-30 minutes. If anything I think a bargain bin center is only going to see 10-15 max with it actually being 8-12 minutes a game. Remember Dre will be 30+ min both Ed and Amir are going to be 25+ each so there really only are a few minutes left for a fourth big whether it be Alabi or a vet without a trade.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                  I cannot think of any possible reason we would want any of those guys except Jason Collins.
                  can't think of any possible reason we would want Jason Collins either

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    can't think of any possible reason we would want Jason Collins either
                    Did you even read the article? not only his he a good Defensive Center he shut down chris bosh back in the playoffs when we lost to the Nets. He's just the kind of cheap vet we need

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      If we signed Collins I don're see any way he'd be playing 28-30 minutes. If anything I think a bargain bin center is only going to see 10-15 max with it actually being 8-12 minutes a game. Remember Dre will be 30+ min both Ed and Amir are going to be 25+ each so there really only are a few minutes left for a fourth big whether it be Alabi or a vet without a trade.
                      Ya maybe like 10 - 15 mins. But i'm thinking that BC will trade Bargnani or amir so it might give some more minutes for our younger bigs.

Comment

Did you even read the article? not only his he a good Defensive Center he shut down chris bosh back in the playoffs when we lost to the Nets. He's just the kind of cheap vet we need
                        yes I read the article and I don't agree he is a good defensive players. He is just big. He's adequate on D... but thats not good. But he's incredibly slow and cumbersome. He is terrible offensively and is a bad rebounder. He is just a body for 10 min a game to fill space and hack as necessary when a team is up against another big C. Would much rather see Alabi get time or sign Chuck Hayes.

And is there confusion between Collins and Mikki Moore? Because it was Moore that got all the credit for his D on Bosh in those playoffs and parlayed that into a nice hefty contract the following year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...collija04.html

He's nothing but a body to foul guys. Waste of time, resources and a roster spot as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                          yes I read the article and I don't agree he is a good defensive players. He is just big. He's adequate on D... but thats not good. But he's incredibly slow and cumbersome. He is terrible offensively and is a bad rebounder. He is just a body for 10 min a game to fill space and hack as necessary when a team is up against another big C. Would much rather see Alabi get time or sign Chuck Hayes.

And is there confusion between Collins and Mikki Moore? Because it was Moore that got all the credit for his D on Bosh in those playoffs and parlayed that into a nice hefty contract the following year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...collija04.html

He's nothing but a body to foul guys. Waste of time, resources and a roster spot as far as I'm concerned.
                          He's good enough for one year until JV comes over. I'm choosing cheap players who we could sign for 1 -2 year deals, i'm not looking at a big name free agents like Tyson chandler. Guys who could play 10 - 20 mins at C and play Average to good defense here i'll give you a couple of guys:

- Kwame Brown
                          - Jeff foster
                          - Joel Przybilla*
                          - Jamaal Magloire
                          - Aaron Gray

Comment

He's good enough for one year until JV comes over. I'm choosing cheap players who we could sign for 1 -2 year deals, i'm not looking at a big name free agents like Tyson chandler. Guys who could play 10 - 20 mins at C and play Average to good defense here i'll give you a couple of guys:

- Kwame Brown
                            - Jeff foster
                            - Joel Przybilla*
                            - Jamaal Magloire
                            - Aaron Gray
                            I have nothing against a cheap player or two. The team will need them just to finish off the roster. But why not someone that atleast has the potential to have usefulness over a period of time. A guy like Jeff Foster or the Vanilla Gorilla I can see. Chuck Hayes (as mentioned in another thread) is another.

But if its nothing more than just filling a hole... why not find someone who is cheap and usefull or atleast potentially usefull. Would rather give a random guy in the D-league a chance as opposed to Magloire or Collins, or even Kwame.

Comment

Magloire only played in 18 games last year, averaged less than 9 minutes, made only 13 FGs all year. In his prime he was an all star and had some nice contracts but there is a lot of mileage on those wheels of his. I hope he signs with a team other than the RAptors.

Comment

Working...
                              X