Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't be surprised if last night ends up being the turning point for the Nets season.

When your team is in desperate need of a pick-me-up, call the Raptors.

Comment

• Link: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ut-last-night/

Article by Andrew Thompson.

"9. The crowd started throwing some boos at Rudy Gay last night. What has happened to this Toronto crowd? Where did this sudden quick trigger booing come from? There are some serious unresolved anger issues with this fanbase.
      "

Huh.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Link: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ut-last-night/

"9. The crowd started throwing some boos at Rudy Gay last night. What has happened to this Toronto crowd? Where did this sudden quick trigger booing come from? There are some serious unresolved anger issues with this fanbase.
        "

Huh.
        Either that, or the fanbase's overall basketball IQ is rising. Rudy Gay deserves the boos right now, as the "#1 option", team captain, and closest thing to a veteran.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• How come no one's talking about the lineup to start the 4th? because that was disgusting. I mean, Hansbrough, Fields, Novak, Ross, Augustin. Are you kidding me?? and the coach sticked with that lineup for a good 4 MINUTES.

What the hell is Dwane Casey trying to prove there??
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
            Thompson did notice that Valanciunas doesn't get good post position, a point I've made recently around here, but I think it's because he's too weak, not that he's "letting smaller guys push him out".
            Is he so weak?

JV gotta recognize when to pass out the ball. I'm not talking about double team situations here. He needs to find a way to pass out the ball in order to GET DEEPER POSITION. It's easier to get deeper post positions after pass out and guard gotta recognize that he's getting deeper position and give the ball right back. Easy points.

One more thing - guys are missing JV on easy baskets.Too often I would say. It's very frustrating for centers - speaking from experience here. JV's mind is perfect tho, if he doesn't get the ball, he thinks about "next moment". It's hard to find players with this mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending JV at all. He's got a lot mistakes to fix and improve.
            Ironically, he's our best interior defender. He can move his feet very well, he can support the defensive perimeter too. The thing I don't like is that he doesn't talk. He's having problems to trap tough PnR. I think this is the problem in his talking. He doesn't talk a lot on defense. At least this is what I think. JV is the freaking center, he should see screens well before they're set. More talking could lead to better defensive team even if JV continues to struggle with hedging. Lack of talking is the main thing coaches should be worried right now. This is fundamental stuff which never should be forgotten.

I played basketball since I was 7 years old and my coach kept saying to take my time ( jv does this perfectly ), survey if double team is coming, if it is, KNOW who should be left open? And more importantly - recognize fucking collapses.

I mean I'm not basketball coach, and I don't have a lot of experience, but the only thing I see from JV is not what I want to see. He stops for couple secs, surveys the floor and gets out of control. WTF? If you get few secs to survey the floor how the hell you get out of control? Like I said I'm not the coach but in my opinion this needs to be fixed... and few more fundamental basics in order to become all-star center. ( I'm sorry, he'll never be an all-star center under stupid Casey like game plans. )

Comment

• I wish last night was a dream. That was the stupidest game of all fucking time. Amir should never shoot a three again in his life.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                How come no one's talking about the lineup to start the 4th? because that was disgusting. I mean, Hansbrough, Fields, Novak, Ross, Augustin. Are you kidding me?? and the coach sticked with that lineup for a good 4 MINUTES.

What the hell is Dwane Casey trying to prove there??

this is pretty much how casey does it every game
                start bench when we're behind

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                  Well, the deepest post position I ever saw a player consistently get was the early Shaq years. He got the ball right at the rim and then often just dunked it. That was strength and size overwhelming the defender. I'm assuming Valanciunas lacks those qualities.
                  Yeah, but he ( Shaq ) used to pass out the ball ant get deeper position. I've studied his game like 4 years ago.

EDIT: But yes, we can't compare JV to Shaq. Different bodies.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Wed Nov 27, 2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure JV gets DEEP POSITION all the time.

Comment

• I'm just looking at our schedule coming up and we aren't playing any "easy" teams anytime soon. And when we do get an easier team we play like 4 hard teams in a row right after that. Poor Raptors. They should have won this game. Get ready for the big losing streak we are about to go on. I guess we won't need to trade anyone to tank.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Link: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ut-last-night/

"9. The crowd started throwing some boos at Rudy Gay last night. What has happened to this Toronto crowd? Where did this sudden quick trigger booing come from? There are some serious unresolved anger issues with this fanbase."

Huh.
                        We've been following this f***ing team for 20 years. How could we not have serious unresolved anger issues?
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Lakers is blasting Nets. Cute.

Comment

Lakers is blasting Nets. Cute.
                            Man, do you know how old the Nets are? I'm surprised they even showed up to a back-to-back.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Wouldn't be surprised if last night ends up being the turning point for the Nets season.

When your team is in desperate need of a pick-me-up, call the Raptors.
                              Speaking of desperate...

Priceless!
                              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• “The cup slipped out of my hand,” Kidd said. “I was getting tired. Sweaty palms. I was never good with the ball. So, in the heat of the battle, you’re trying to get guys in and out of the game, and the Coke fell out of my hand.” Taylor also denied being part of any sinister plot, but laughed when presented with the video and when asked about the theoretical advantage of such a tactic. “It might ice a free throw shooter and be a timeout if you don’t have one, but that wasn’t the thought process,” Taylor said. “I just wanted him to get out of the way, like ‘Coach, get out my way bro.’”
                                http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1531667

Really Kidd?? "I was never really good with the ball" lmao get a load of this guy!
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X